The daddy of all trackers [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

The daddy of all trackers

Leon VI
05-03-2004, 23:19
I'm of course referring to the anti- car theft kind of tracker, and not those (usually) native American Indian looking blokes in films who sniff at the ground and then say something like "he came through here an hour ago". :D

Which system is generally regarded as being the best, and also which system is going to keep my insurance company the happiest? I know they're generally just regarded as a necessity by most insurers, but it'd be good if I could find one which actually reduced my premium slightly too. :mhihi:

Aidy
06-03-2004, 00:43
RAC TrackStar is probably the best cos it uses GPS so they can pinpoint your car's location, unlike Tracker that uses a ping-style radar functionality. If you have RAC breakdown cover it can also use the system to locate you if you break down.

It is, of course, more expensive than Tracker though.

Barry P.
06-03-2004, 11:27
Speak to Chris Preston at Securicar, tel. 07956 135770, he fits lots of GPS tracking systems and he also does those "garage door openers" at very cheap prices.

Bleesh
06-03-2004, 12:23
Navtrak ADR is quite a good GPS based system. They will tell YUO when the car's gone walkies....

www.navtrak.co.uk

Steve