Evo VI Front Wipers [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Evo VI Front Wipers

Jasonc488
01-04-2012, 18:11
Hi all,

Just got this problem following a wash and then a motorway cruise.

I was driving along on the motorway following a hand wash when water was spraying up on my windscreen from the spolier blade of the wipers.

I turned on the wipers and they worked for about 2-3 rounds then stopped dead in the centre of windscreen. I squirted more water from washer to maybe help give it something wet to travel on, but still nothing. I tried this at speed 1 wipe and speed 2 wipe and nothing.

But, the wipers work at the highest setting (3). When I got home, tried all this again and the same. Wipers only wipe at speed setting 3? Would this be a stalk problem would anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Jason

straightliner
01-04-2012, 18:21
Sounds like a stalk problem mate

Jasonc488
01-04-2012, 18:28
Do you know if its an easy swap? For a second hand one.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

straightliner
01-04-2012, 18:38
I'd try a spray with some contact cleaner first but no idea how to replace them I don't expect it's hard

Jasonc488
01-04-2012, 19:13
Will try and see what I can do, thanks for directing me.

TerryA
01-04-2012, 19:19
not hard but is fiddly

https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=385962

I have a spare if you need it but try other things first - working away all next week though so will be out of touch till Sat

SORRY - was thinking indicator (which I have) but think it will be similar as is on other side of column ?

Jasonc488
01-04-2012, 19:59
not hard but is fiddly

https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=385962

I have a spare if you need it but try other things first - working away all next week though so will be out of touch till Sat

SORRY - was thinking indicator (which I have) but think it will be similar as is on other side of column ?

Thanks for the link Terry, will give me an idea of what to expect when attempting this.

Lucky bank holiday is coming along...