best place for switched +12v feed in cabin [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

best place for switched +12v feed in cabin

tobys
16-02-2012, 00:52
Advice needed for new 8mr owner.
Where's the best place to take an ignition switched (is not permanent) +12V feed from in cabin?
My golf mk4 had a rather handy termination block with ground, +12V perm, +12V switched just by the main fuse box, but haven't managed to find similar on the evo yet - though these plenty of wires under steering wheel. ;)
I'm just fitting an active dab aerial, but will have gauges later & I've got a rather nifty 6-to-1 individually fused block I thought id fit now.
Any advice greatly appreciated- id rather not splice into exisiting unless neccessary.
Cheers

Gwigga
16-02-2012, 08:07
Advice needed for new 8mr owner.
Where's the best place to take an ignition switched (is not permanent) +12V feed from in cabin?
My golf mk4 had a rather handy termination block with ground, +12V perm, +12V switched just by the main fuse box, but haven't managed to find similar on the evo yet - though these plenty of wires under steering wheel. ;)
I'm just fitting an active dab aerial, but will have gauges later & I've got a rather nifty 6-to-1 individually fused block I thought id fit now.
Any advice greatly appreciated- id rather not splice into exisiting unless neccessary.
Cheers

You'd pretty much have to splice some where, if you want live and switched, esiets would be behind the stereo in my 5, thats where my gauges are spliced in

kj200sx
16-02-2012, 08:14
probably behind the stereo if want it easy to access