R-Spec Gauge...Is it Goosed?? [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

R-Spec Gauge...Is it Goosed??

Evo3boy
15-02-2012, 17:22
I have two R-Spec gauges one oil temp and one pressure. The pressure one has decided to 'sort of' stop working, however when I turn my side/headlights on, it comes on:confused: and works as it should. Have checked the wiring to the gauge and the sender unit.

So would you say its goosed??
Its only just over a year old aswell:cry::cry:

Cheers

Chris

Goginawa
15-02-2012, 17:38
did you try contacting Dave ? my experiance with Rspec' after sale ( well over a year ) was Impeccable and highly recomendable

R-Spec Performance
15-02-2012, 17:44
If the gauge comes on and works with the headlights it is likely to be an issue with the ignition switched live supply to the gauge. If you send it to me I can confirm if it's the gauge or wiring.

I'm not 100% sure but didnt you buy a couple of clearance gauges that we had ?

Evo3boy
16-02-2012, 07:56
Hi mate ill check the wiring from ignition supply again, but am sure it was ok. If ok then yeah i can send to you that be great
As far as im aware they were direct from your web page and i paid the normal price so dont think it was me mate
Will let u know wot i find if anything
Cheers

Chris

Evo3boy
16-02-2012, 07:57
did you try contacting Dave ? my experiance with Rspec' after sale ( well over a year ) was Impeccable and highly recomendable

:smthumbup

Ta mate

R-Spec Performance
16-02-2012, 08:00
Ok no problem, you know where I am.

Hi mate ill check the wiring from ignition supply again, but am sure it was ok. If ok then yeah i can send to you that be great
As far as im aware they were direct from your web page and i paid the normal price so dont think it was me mate
Will let u know wot i find if anything
Cheers

Chris

Gwigga
16-02-2012, 08:02
When its on do you get random rewadings and the needle going up and down

R-Spec Performance
16-02-2012, 10:18
No, the gauge just doesn't come on with the ignition. A bit like when you pulled the plug out of yours :lol:

When its on do you get random rewadings and the needle going up and down

Gwigga
16-02-2012, 10:28
No, the gauge just doesn't come on with the ignition. A bit like when you pulled the plug out of yours :lol:

Cos I got it wired up by some dodgy mofo;)

R-Spec Performance
16-02-2012, 10:31

:lol:

Barry P.
16-02-2012, 11:17

That would probably be the same one that wired mine up and set the alarm off at 10.30pm on a Fri night so the tracker company phoned me to tell me my car was being stolen:rolleyes:

R-Spec Performance
16-02-2012, 11:23
:lol: I love working at 10.30pm, especially on a car that you can't jack up without the world knowing!!

It gave me a gentle reminder (of how annoying it is) at the Milton Keynes meet when I parked within 20 feet of it.............Reminded me a bit of Knight Rider!

That would probably be the same one that wired mine up and set the alarm off at 10.30pm on a Fri night so the tracker company phoned me to tell me my car was being stolen:rolleyes:

16-02-2012, 14:20

Oxfordshire's rife with them

Shango
16-02-2012, 19:21
So would you say its goosed??
Chris

I had to put 'Goosed' into Urban Dictionary, your definition was last on the list :)