My recent map and dyno graph HELP!!!! [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

My recent map and dyno graph HELP!!!!

MMELVILLE
05-04-2011, 10:09
Had my car geekmapped recently at 1.6bar on VPower
A standard FQ 320 has the following figures stock.

Power: 326PS @ 6700rpm
Torque: 305lbs/ft @ 4300rpm

I have done the following mods

APS exhaust, de-cat.
Huge custom K & N.
HKS SSQV Dump valve
HKS hard pipe kit
Oil catcher tank.
Walbro 255 fuel pump.
Apexi black boost controller.
ARP bolts.

Here is my printout am i reading this wrong but is she slower?

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1456/evopower.jpg

Help :wallbang:

AndyF_RSX
05-04-2011, 10:24
381bhp isn't slower than standard but there is something really strange going on with the torque readings etc.

Did you get a printout showing the boost levels that the car was hitting?

What does it go like on the road as with that graph it looks more like a normally aspirated car.

Andy

MMELVILLE
05-04-2011, 11:14
The boost controller showed 1.6 Bar. It goes really well if you see the red power line it keeps pulling hard all the way to the rev limiter. The previous map at 1.8bar it made 431 ATF and 342lb torque so again it was high on power but torque was nowhere near. Never had any problems with her and she is regularly serviced.

MMELVILLE
05-04-2011, 11:23
No but the boost controller was saying 1.6bar.

It goes well and keeps pulling all the way to the rev limiter. In my opinion it goes better than the previous map of 431bhp ATF asnd 342lb of torque.

MMELVILLE
05-04-2011, 11:28
This was run in 5th gear

grayw
05-04-2011, 12:14
Can you not take it back to where it was run before? The graph looks very odd, and they should not be running it in 5th gear.

twistednation
05-04-2011, 13:55
what dyno was that on?? and as gray said ive never seen a run in 5th gear before??

kim
05-04-2011, 14:00
worth getting it dyno'd somewhere else for a second opinion?

grayw
05-04-2011, 15:08
worth getting it dyno'd somewhere else for a second opinion?

It's hard to compare dyno figures, especially when they are probably not even the same make of dyno.

:fftopic: How's the legs:lol:

4g638
05-04-2011, 15:21
No but the boost controller was saying 1.6bar.

It goes well and keeps pulling all the way to the rev limiter. In my opinion it goes better than the previous map of 431bhp ATF asnd 342lb of torque.

I cannot see your graph, but even if I did it means absolutely nothing to me, the streets is what counts ;)

As for the feeling you get, if the previous figures are real figures on the road I can assure you that your car was faster before, the reason you cannot realize that, it is because it was more linear in the way it delivered power and the punch in the stomach was milder as the torque was lower.

If you could race your car with the new map, it would leave you behind in fourth by at least one car's length ;)

You are running too rich now and you have not compensated with enough timing.

You need to remap it,making it very slightly leaner, and add a couple of degrees of timing where it is needed.

Marios

evo4asa
05-04-2011, 15:28
power station run in 5th gear it depends on what dyno they use

05-04-2011, 15:54
Looking at that I would say the wastegate is open and it is causing late spool.

Check the preload on the actuator and if not that could be the wastegate itself.

gpowerfq400
05-04-2011, 16:07
:smthumbuppower station spot on just had 427bhp outa me new toy yummy.
plus i had a print out on it when i bought it and was round bowt the same power etc . the streets that guys mad !!!:wallbang: im sure hes in the new too fast too furious..:coolsm:

MMELVILLE
05-04-2011, 19:31
Lee5 mapped her and after speaking to him were going to dyno dynamics next week for a run on there rollers in 3rd. She goes really well grayw you mapped her before as Paul from Portsmouth had her before me.
Ant @ indigo where are you based mate as might come and see you .

05-04-2011, 19:38
I am in south Wales :)

grayw
05-04-2011, 19:42
Remember the car now, it always did go well as Paul liked running large boost numbers (2 odd bar):) Think the last time I saw it, Paul had throttle hang issues which got resolved.

MMELVILLE
05-04-2011, 20:58
I think he had it mapped to a lot of boost by yourself but had it turned down to 1.8. To me it was excessive so had her remapped to 1.6 bar. Ant that's a fair trek mate as she is for sale as well I'd like to keep the miles of her. I think she is ok just a crap rolling road and a run in 5th.

gpowerfq400
05-04-2011, 21:13
ant mapped my wat a beast!!!

grayw
05-04-2011, 23:19
I think he had it mapped to a lot of boost by yourself but had it turned down to 1.8. To me it was excessive so had her remapped to 1.6 bar. Ant that's a fair trek mate as she is for sale as well I'd like to keep the miles of her. I think she is ok just a crap rolling road and a run in 5th.

Unfortunately to get the much banded around numbers many so desire, you need to run a reasonable amount of boost. Sad fact but many like the pub talk of how much power they have:rotz:
Little example for you at the rollers last weekend (Dyno Dynamics) with a couple of IX's, one car made 306 atw at 1.5 bar but torque figure peaked around the 365 mark, at 1.9 bar the torque increased to around the 390 lbft but HP remained almost the same.

MMELVILLE
06-04-2011, 07:26
Unfortunately to get the much banded around numbers many so desire, you need to run a reasonable amount of boost. Sad fact but many like the pub talk of how much power they have:rotz:
Little example for you at the rollers last weekend (Dyno Dynamics) with a couple of IX's, one car made 306 atw at 1.5 bar but torque figure peaked around the 365 mark, at 1.9 bar the torque increased to around the 390 lbft but HP remained almost the same.

I agree totally with what you are saying but running that ammount of boost on standard 9 turbo & internals will only lead to something breaking which i want to avoid happening as the car mechanically is mint in my opinion :lol:

Let's see what she makes next week on the Dyno Dynamics rollers and I will edit the thread with the print out.

Thanks everyone for your advice. :mitsi:

grayw
06-04-2011, 10:06
Keeping it safe is a good thing, but boost is not the only killer of engines. With that in mind the standard IX 360 peaks to around 1.7 bar.