evo9 engine with evo6 ecu help [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

evo9 engine with evo6 ecu help

rammy
13-03-2011, 00:59
rite i have a evo5rs and ive replaced the engine with the evo9 engine out of a evo9 fq360, had some issues with wiring the mivec so we decided to remove the mivec head and use the standard evo7 head,
now im running a standard evo6 rs ecu, will i get any problems with driving the car, it wont damage my engine will it?

plans are to get it remapped, should i drive it their or get it trailered?
where is the best place to get my car remapped, im in mancheter by the way.

grayw
13-03-2011, 08:00
With a change like this until you can tell if it running correctly it would be wise not to drive it.

rammy
13-03-2011, 10:36
at the moment it seems ok, need to change the oil and leave it running for a while then i can see whats going on,

do you know of anyone that can come out to my place and map my car (like a geekmapper) at a good price around manchester?
this way i can then drive the car and look for any other faults if their is any before i add some more mods and send it for a proper map on the rollers.

ant1
13-03-2011, 10:39
You should of got a 9 ecu and wired it in, would of been alot easier. Gaz from CPP Motor Developments is fairly close to you, MG Autos not much further.

rammy
13-03-2011, 10:54
You should of got a 9 ecu and wired it in, would of been alot easier. Gaz from CPP Motor Developments is fairly close to you, MG Autos not much further.

yeah that was the original plan, i still have the 9ecu, but it was alot of messing around to make it fit, the electrition messed it all up, so i threw the standard loom back in with a 7 head so the 9 ecu is no good to me untill i put the mivec head on which would be another time now.

any geekmappers around manchester that can come out to my pace?

ant1
13-03-2011, 10:56
yeah that was the original plan, i still have the 9ecu, but it was alot of messing around to make it fit, the electrition messed it all up, so i threw the standard loom back in with a 7 head so the 9 ecu is no good to me untill i put the mivec head on which would be another time now.

any geekmappers around manchester that can come out to my pace?

Andy Fox maybe but you will have to be very nice to him ;) :lol:

rammy
13-03-2011, 10:57
Andy Fox maybe but you will have to be very nice to him ;) :lol:

lol im always nice :lol:

have you got his contact details?
and is he reliable at his work?

ant1
13-03-2011, 11:00
lol im always nice :lol:

have you got his contact details?
and is he reliable at his work?

Is he reliable in his work :lol: Do a search ;)

www.geekmapped.co.uk

Look for Andyf

rammy
13-03-2011, 11:01
Is he reliable in his work :lol: Do a search ;)

www.geekmapped.co.uk

Look for Andyf

thanks mate :smthumbup al look him up.

Oracle
13-03-2011, 11:05
Mat at MG's have done that before. Best to wire the 9 ecu mate.

rammy
13-03-2011, 11:09
Mat at MG's have done that before. Best to wire the 9 ecu mate.

yeah i will be doing soon, once the cars out and running and checked for any other possible faults, i will be getting the mivec conversion loom and put the mivec head and 9ecu back in.

marcdom
06-04-2011, 16:46
What happen with the MIVEC??