evo 8 launch control [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

evo 8 launch control

jedpiper
29-01-2011, 11:55
had a bit of a scare today thought there was some thing wrong with my evo started it up took it out of the garage were i am keeping it for the winter let it warm up then went to rev it and it would only go to 4000 rpm then hit revlimiter the reason why i was a bit worryed was i had just fitted another evo 8 ecu with ecotec license i had bought off antony @indigo gt so i got on the phone to wallace performace who are going to be mapping my car i told them what it was doing and they said it was launch control and if i let the car roll forward then rev it then it should rev higher i tryed that and it did what a relief does any one else have this type of launch control and is it afective :smthumbupbig thanks to wallace performace for the advice :thumbup:

youngsyp
29-01-2011, 12:17
It's not technically 'launch control' but, a static rev limiter. This can be quite finely customised with the mapping software. Rev limit and speed at which the static rev limit ceases to operate can be adjusted.
But yes, it can be very effective and quite spectacular, depending on how you launch the car, the mapping and whether you have pops and bangs enabled. :mhihi:

Paul

gmf_uk
29-01-2011, 12:40
had a bit of a scare today thought there was some thing wrong with my evo started it up took it out of the garage were i am keeping it for the winter let it warm up then went to rev it and it would only go to 4000 rpm then hit revlimiter the reason why i was a bit worryed was i had just fitted another evo 8 ecu with ecotec license i had bought off antony @indigo gt so i got on the phone to wallace performace who are going to be mapping my car i told them what it was doing and they said it was launch control and if i let the car roll forward then rev it then it should rev higher i tryed that and it did what a relief does any one else have this type of launch control and is it afective :smthumbupbig thanks to wallace performace for the advice :thumbup:

i have it and pops and bangs ! :smthumbup:smthumbup:smthumbup

jedpiper
29-01-2011, 13:02
i have it and pops and bangs ! :smthumbup:smthumbup:smthumbup

nice pops and bangs sounds good is that something wallace performance can add when i get ny car mapped :smthumbup:D

cyderman
29-01-2011, 14:54
found out my 8 does this by accident also :lol:

jedpiper
29-01-2011, 15:37
found out my 8 does this by accident also :lol:

hs it been mapped s well or just stnderd mate :smthumbup

gmf_uk
30-01-2011, 09:45
nice pops and bangs sounds good is that something wallace performance can add when i get ny car mapped :smthumbup:D

yeh they can add it no problem :smthumbup:smthumbup

H3rmaN
30-01-2011, 11:08

yeh they can add it no problem :smthumbup:smthumbup

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I know Wallace use ECUtek and I don't think the SAS settings are available for ECUtek to enable pops & bangs. I am 99.99% positive you won't be able to get the anti-lag/launch control that you can from Ceddy ROMs using EcuFlash.

gmf_uk's car is running a Ceddy ROM with ALS, Launch Control, Pops & Bangs, CEL on knock etc. Not sure if any of these are available via ECUtek (apart from the Launch Control obv) seeing as I don't have it and have never used it. Maybe someone who knows more about ECUtek can clarify this?

gmf_uk
30-01-2011, 12:10
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I know Wallace use ECUtek and I don't think the SAS settings are available for ECUtek to enable pops & bangs. I am 99.99% positive you won't be able to get the anti-lag/launch control that you can from Ceddy ROMs using EcuFlash.

gmf_uk's car is running a Ceddy ROM with ALS, Launch Control, Pops & Bangs, CEL on knock etc. Not sure if any of these are available via ECUtek (apart from the Launch Control obv) seeing as I don't have it and have never used it. Maybe someone who knows more about ECUtek can clarify this?

H3rman knows his stuff not me.... i was only presuming it could be added as it was on mine :smthumbup:smthumbup:smthumbup:smthumbup:smthumbup

30-01-2011, 15:41
H3rman knows his stuff not me.... i was only presuming it could be added as it was on mine :smthumbup:smthumbup:smthumbup:smthumbup:smthumbup

Ecutek has had "ALS effect" using the SAS for a number of years.

H3rmaN
30-01-2011, 15:55
So SAS is available via ECUtek then for pops & bangs. Good to know. What about ALS on the launch control, so when it's hitting the stationary rev limit it can retard the timing, add fuel and build boost while stationary?

I'm assuming these will not be available since Ceddy has had to write custom code for it, but I could be wrong. So is that available?

I know CEL on knock is not possible with ECUtek.

cyderman
30-01-2011, 19:03
hs it been mapped s well or just stnderd mate :smthumbup

Mapped by Ant @ Indigo-GT :smthumbup