My 5 GSR has a TME ECU!? [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

My 5 GSR has a TME ECU!?

Ben_Stevo
02-01-2011, 20:07
When getting my car mapped the Tuner struggled to reflash my ECU but managed after many attemps and techniques and did a great job! I was baffled and so was he on why he couldnt reflash it the usual way?

Today I have been to visit a local chap who is very kindly adding pops and bangs on there for me and he couldnt reflash the ECU the usual way either? I went away and he did some research and asked a few question on Geekmapped.com. They informed him to check the ECU as it sounds like I have a TME ECU! So I have just opened up my ECU to check the codes and its 100% a TME ECU in my E5 GSR!!!!

The chap I bought the car off was a classic car restrorer so he liked everything as it came out of the factory and I know he wouldnt have added this ECU!

So my question is has it been added in Japan or in some cases did Mitsubishi put TME ECU's in 5's??

Also whats the pro's and con's in the TME ECU compared to the usual 5/6 ECU? :smthumbup

H3rmaN
02-01-2011, 20:15
Take it that it was your car straightliner was having troubles with then? The "TME" ECU is sometimes found in the later Evo 6's, but pretty much never found in the 5, so someone has replaced it somewhere along the line for 1 reason or another. I doubt it would have left the factory with it, because it was only introduced from the late 6 onwards IIRC. Could be wrong about that tho (someone correct me??).

There are no pro's & con's per-say. Both do an identical job. Only thing is that the "TME" ECU with the 7203 processor needs a small change in the XML so it can be flashed properly. :smthumbup

Other than that it's identical to the "normal" 5/6 ECU with the 7202 processor.

evonut270
02-01-2011, 20:15
It's not specifically a TME ecu id say.There have been quite a few Evo Vs found to have these fitted as well as non TME VIs. There are no advantages having it fitted it just uses a different processor.

Ben_Stevo
02-01-2011, 20:22
Take it that it was your car straightliner was having troubles with then?

Yup that was me :blush:

Hopefully Rich will be able to do it now? :)

evonut270
02-01-2011, 20:23
Yup that was me :blush:

Hopefully Rich will be able to do it now? :)

Yep he has the info he needs

Ben_Stevo
02-01-2011, 20:29
Yep he has the info he needs

Ah fantastic! A massive thanks to anyone that helped! :smthumbup

straightliner
02-01-2011, 20:43
Many thanks to the Geekmappers crowd , i usually check Evo 6's but reading through old threads it seems Evonut has had a 5 with one of these before , i didnt expect that but you learn something every day