Evolution Solutions [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Evolution Solutions

scubaladdie
23-10-2010, 09:35
Went to Pauls yesterday, initial plan was just to get a de-cat pipe as money's a bit tight,however as per usual I realised a few days before I needed a few other bits doing :D

So Paul made me a stainless de-cat pipe, fitted brand new Mitsi front droplinks, changed the oil + filter, stripped and cleaned my brakes and did a fast-road alignment set-up.

The difference from a PROPER alignment set-up was night and day! The previous alignment I'd had done by Stevie Wonder was a complete balls-up, different settings on each side and the car handled like a pregnant hippo. It's now completely planted, grips like mad, no body roll.Literally feels like a completely different car :D

De-cat sounds nice too, deeper sound and seems to pop a bit :D and no more knocking from knackered front droplinks.

So cheers Paul, possibly the best thing I've ever had done to that car short of actually buying it in the 1st place :coolsm:

killin1
24-10-2010, 10:30
hes a good lad is paul:)
he done work on mine few months back and wouldnt hesitate to use him again:smthumbup

neverneverman
24-10-2010, 11:10
No problem , Have fun with the new set up :)

Aidy
24-10-2010, 11:13
Could you explain how re-alignment eliminates body roll?

neverneverman
24-10-2010, 11:15
Could you explain how re-alignment eliminates body roll?

It does not Aidy :wallbang: But adjusting the rear anti roll bar and damping does ..:smthumbup

Aidy
24-10-2010, 11:25
It does not Aidy :wallbang: But adjusting the rear anti roll bar and damping does ..:smthumbup

I wouldn't class that as alignment.

neverneverman
24-10-2010, 11:33
I wouldn't class that as alignment.

What ? Do you know what i have done on the car ? Read the 1st post again ..
Or do i have to list the full working day for you ..Step by step..

Unobtainium
24-10-2010, 12:02
Ignore him. He likes to make every thread an argument. So boring. Check his sig. The irony.

Moving on...Nice one Paul:smthumbup

JimBFC
24-10-2010, 12:17
Paul certainly does a good job on the geomatry setup's.

Aidy
24-10-2010, 14:00
What ? Do you know what i have done on the car ?

Evidently not just an alignment. I can see it now...from now on not only is everyone who gets an alignment going to claim it has "transformed" their car but it will also have reduced body roll now too :) You don't half read some sh*te on this forum :lol:

BobH
24-10-2010, 18:40
+1 for Paul Top Bloke:smthumbup

Really knows his stuff,

24-10-2010, 18:50
Evidently not just an alignment. I can see it now...from now on not only is everyone who gets an alignment going to claim it has "transformed" their car but it will also have reduced body roll now too :) You don't half read some sh*te on this forum :lol:

Unfortunatly we do

scubaladdie
25-10-2010, 09:48
Okay if we're being completey accurate :wallbang:
Paul also adjusted my Whiteline rear ARB as it was set on its softest setting, and stiffened up the damping on my Monoflex... this has eliminated/greatly reduced body roll but as it was done at the same time as the wheel alignment I thought I'd save wear and tear on my keyboard and just say I had a wheel alignment setup done!

Paul also replaced a defective brakelight bulb which I feel has slightly increased my safety on the road and reduced my chances of being stopped by the police

Adjusted my tyre pressures, took the car for a before and after test drive to check the geometry set-up, and provided an endless supply of hot beverages :smthumbup

Aidy
25-10-2010, 10:20
Paul also adjusted my Whiteline rear ARB as it was set on its softest setting, and stiffened up the damping on my Monoflex...

That's more like it :)

JimBFC
25-10-2010, 10:21
Paul also adjusted my Whiteline rear ARB as it was set on its softest setting, and stiffened up the damping on my Monoflex... this has eliminated/greatly reduced body roll but as it was done at the same time as the wheel alignment I thought I'd save wear and tear on my keyboard and just say I had a wheel alignment setup done!

Paul also replaced a defective brakelight bulb which I feel has slightly increased my safety on the road and reduced my chances of being stopped by the police

Adjusted my tyre pressures, took the car for a before and after test drive to check the geometry set-up, and provided an endless supply of hot beverages :smthumbup

kin ell, I usually have to mek em misen :rolleyes:

scubaladdie
25-10-2010, 10:23
kin ell, I usually have to mek em misen :rolleyes:

LOL I didn't say he made them... Paul provided the raw materials and use of a kettle.I was tea bitch :lol:

JimBFC
25-10-2010, 10:28
LOL I didn't say he made them... Paul provided the raw materials and use of a kettle.I was tea bitch :lol:

yeh thats sounds more like it :lol:

Anees
25-10-2010, 10:31
Good work :D

Do Evolution Solutions offer full geometry then using something like the Hunter DSP 600 imaging system or similar?

scubaladdie
25-10-2010, 10:36
Hi mate
Ummm not sure exactly what he uses. But he knows his stuff and its the best mod I've had done :coolsm:
Think they're his own settings, best drop him a PM and ask, but it's well worth the money :smthumbup

Aidy
25-10-2010, 10:38
Hi mate
Ummm not sure exactly what he uses. But he knows his stuff and its the best mod I've had done :coolsm:
Think they're his own settings, best drop him a PM and ask, but it's well worth the money :smthumbup

You can't miss the Hunter system if that's what he uses :)

http://www.pro-align.co.uk/products/wheelaligners/psdsp600series.htm

It can be done using much lower tech though.

JimBFC
25-10-2010, 10:39
Good work :D

Do Evolution Solutions offer full geometry then using something like the Hunter DSP 600 imaging system or similar?

Paul will set it up to whatever setting you like or just ask him to recommend as per your cars usage.

Weird really but a lot don't like to disclose geom setting.

scubaladdie
25-10-2010, 10:46

Ah good point, I'd have noticed if it was one of those :lol:

JimBFC
25-10-2010, 10:47

nah not one of them, too fancy :lol:

neverneverman
25-10-2010, 11:06
Alot more low tech .. But works very well with the settings we use ...

Anees
25-10-2010, 11:19

My local geometry place does use the Hunter machine and they are good and it is an awesome piece of kit BUT their is no replacement for knowledge and experience which from the sounds of it Paul has. :smthumbup

The Hunter machine has all the manufacturer standard setups on their and even shows you step by step how to adjust things and where the adjusters are for the car you are working on such as caster, KPI etc BUT you need someone who knows an Evo with practical experience when you want to get it setup to something different from the manufacturer specs such as a custom fast road setup like what it sounds like Paul can offer.

Think I might pay him a visit to get mine done at some point...........:naughty:

scubaladdie
25-10-2010, 11:20

It's getting a full road test on my dive trip to LochCarron this coming weekend... 220 miles each way of tight twisty mountain roads :naughty:

scubaladdie
25-10-2010, 11:21
My local geometry place does use the Hunter machine and they are good and it is an awesome piece of kit BUT their is no replacement for knowledge and experience which from the sounds of it Paul has. :smthumbup

The Hunter machine has all the manufacturer standard setups on their and even shows you step by step how to adjust things and where the adjusters are for the car you are working on such as caster, KPI etc BUT you need someone who knows an Evo with practical experience when you want to get it setup to something different from the manufacturer specs such as a custom fast road setup like what it sounds like Paul can offer.

Think I might pay him a visit to get mine done at some point...........:naughty:

Well my previous set-up was done on a pro-align geometry thingy. But may as well have got my neighbours hamster to set it up

Grant620
25-10-2010, 12:01

What pressure you running now?
And any clues as to what geo is set to?
I can scan in my settings to compare ;)

scubaladdie
25-10-2010, 12:06
What pressure you running now?
And any clues as to what geo is set to?
I can scan in my settings to compare ;)

31 psi fronts, 32 rear
No idea on settings tbh but it works whatever it is :smthumbup

wozzy
25-10-2010, 14:41

ah so you had a 'set up' then. How dare you post on this forum without everypiece of information available. Before you know it everyone on here will be having their geometry done thinking it will cure body roll ;)