Neverneverman does it again. [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Neverneverman does it again.

23-09-2010, 17:47
I spent a few hours today installing my new swirl pot system that i bought off him.

I must of rang him a few hundred times to ask verious questions (note to self, write intructions down next time) and he was more than happy to help me out.

I have to say this fuel kit of his is a fantastic piece of kit for the money and am really pleased with the quality of the parts used.

Thanks paul... see you at the MLR500

heres some pics

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq92/the-plague/DSCF1577.jpg

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq92/the-plague/DSCF1578.jpg

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq92/the-plague/DSCF1579.jpg

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq92/the-plague/DSCF1580.jpg

Barry P.
23-09-2010, 18:07
John is your engine still at 400 bhp? If so I was wondering why you have bothered to fit a swirl pot and Bosch pump?

Phil2333
23-09-2010, 18:09
Nice!

Did you push all those pipes on yourself..as they are tight as hell!!!!...once on,never off!

Waits for 1st person to ask where all the jubille clips are...lol

neverneverman
23-09-2010, 18:12
John is your engine still at 400 bhp? If so I was wondering why you have bothered to fit a swirl pot and Bosch pump?

Nice job John ..

Barry , Johns looking at the future plans :smthumbup Can't have too much fuel . Plus he can now run very low tank level on the MLRSS .;)

23-09-2010, 18:14

My car was 442/480 but have been a busy boy and expecting more come monday...

My walbro was becoming very tired supplying enough fuel for 2.2bar boost and i was making it work quite hard at 3 bar of fuel pressure at idle (approx 6 bar full chat)

So i decided to take some weight off its shoulders buy using a bosch...

The swirl pot is being used so that i can run less fuel in the tank when sprinting without rinning the risk of fuel surge.

There is method to my madness :)
Nice!

Did you push all those pipes on yourself..as they are tight as hell!!!!...once on,never off!

Waits for 1st person to ask where all the jubille clips are...lol

Those fittings are the nuts mate... however i used a cup of boiling water to soften the pipe and they went on easy enough.... i wouldnt want to have to take them off thats for sure :handsup:

grants
23-09-2010, 18:24
Now fireproof the rear bulkhead including the area over the rear wheel arches :eek:

G

23-09-2010, 18:25
Now fireproof the rear bulkhead including the area over the rear wheel arches :eek:

G

Stop being such a girl grant and go and work on my wiring loom :smthumbup :mhihi::mhihi:

grants
23-09-2010, 19:26
Stop being such a girl grant and go and work on my wiring loom :smthumbup :mhihi::mhihi:

Call me tart please :crackup:

I do have a thing about motorsport safety, as Paul knows ;). Maybe 30+ years of involvement in motorsport - aka bean there, done that, and worn out a few T-shirts :D leads me to these comments. Think about it!!

Paul

Could you produce a fireproofing kit for Evo's?

I suggest pre-cut 0.5mm ali panels for seat back, parcel shelf and wheel arch areas. Plus a supply of intumescent sealer and fire resistant "GRP" resin/mat :)

Just an idea :)

Grant

PS - John is there a window motor in the unopened box !

neverneverman
23-09-2010, 19:35
Call me tart please :crackup:

I do have a thing about motorsport safety, as Paul knows ;). Maybe 30+ years of involvement in motorsport - aka bean there, done that, and worn out a few T-shirts :D leads me to these comments. Think about it!!

Paul

Could you produce a fireproofing kit for Evo's?

I suggest pre-cut 0.5mm ali panels for seat back, parcel shelf and wheel arch areas. Plus a supply of intumescent sealer and fire resistant "GRP" resin/mat :)

Just an idea :)

Grant

Hi Grant , Great idea but, the cost would be a lot higher :smthumbdo
It's up the the end user to fire proof the boot compartment :smthumbup
On mine i used fire foam in the arches and a sealed panel behind the seats ..

Just stick a no smoking sticker in the boot ! Job done ..

grants
23-09-2010, 19:55
Hi Grant , Great idea but, the cost would be a lot higher :smthumbdo

I was thinking of the kit as an option :)

It could also help the typical MLR "DIY" Muppet to do the job properly ;)

G

neverneverman
23-09-2010, 20:04
I was thinking of the kit as an option :)

It could also help the typical MLR "DIY" Muppet to do the job properly ;)

G

It would be a good option, but just could not do it . postage would be a problem with a sheet of alloy and can you imagine a MLR "DIY" Muppet with a can of fire foam .. :crackup:

Madmac
23-09-2010, 20:24

G

I agree, get the bulkead fireproofed asap. There's a reason it's a mandatory rule for ALL MSA events to have a fireproof barrier between any fuel tanks and the driver.

leecavturbo
23-09-2010, 20:29
hmmm have a shunt your trapped in and the tanks ****ing out in the back :cry:

grants
23-09-2010, 20:30
can you imagine a MLR "DIY" Muppet with a can of fire foam .. :crackup:

Unfortunately yes :eek: The flags would no longer be at half-mast :crackup: :utahere:

I/we have gone far enough :fftopic: tonight ;)

24-09-2010, 07:03

I didnt know you wanted a window motor :o which one a drivers? ill get it sent. pm me your address again mate

dannic1uk
24-09-2010, 11:42
That all on a 80 series?
You should be class c just from numbers alone!!

Dan.

My car was 442/480 but have been a busy boy and expecting more come monday...

24-09-2010, 15:39
That all on a 80 series?
You should be class c just from numbers alone!!

Dan.

nope that was from an 8 turbo with a 10.5 hotside..... watch this space :naughty: