Clutch Recommendations [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Clutch Recommendations

Wirral_EVOIX
02-09-2010, 15:52
Right, it looks like my clutch is on he way out so time to start searching for a new one. Obviously I don't want to over spec the clutch and add unnecessary cost so I'm looking for a clutch suitable for a 400/400 IX. The car is predominantly a road car but I hope to get some trackdays under my belt very shortly. Hence I need a clutch suitable for purpose. Just to throw another spanner into the works I also have an urge to do the odd sprint.
Now here is where the traders come in. What would you recommend and whats your best price? Please PM prices to save any slanging matches. However, with there being more and more 400/400 cars on the MLR please state your recommendations with reasons on this thread.:smthumbup

Cheers guys.:mitsi:

02-09-2010, 21:47
The sprint is the spanner in there really. Without that I would say replace with standard clutch and flywheel. If you are a little gentle with the standard one it is ok for sprints but for proper launching I would have to say twin.

Paddles are hard to drive on the road but do allow launching but a good twin is nice to drive :)

Phil2333
03-09-2010, 19:43
The sprint is the spanner in there really. Without that I would say replace with standard clutch and flywheel. If you are a little gentle with the standard one it is ok for sprints but for proper launching I would have to say twin. :)

+1.

Ive a brand new helix organic with fidanza flywheel...superb on the road and trackdays at near 400/400,acts like standard,but is bigger/uprated...but i NEVER launch it.

I would over spec if i were you and get a twin. (you dont wanna be fitting another new clutch in a 6 months/years time)

Mark Shead
03-09-2010, 19:48
Helix organic as a min and it will take the odd sprint, the next up is a Exedy twin.

Mark

G3orgi3B
03-09-2010, 21:28
I'm running an exedy twin on my IX with less than 400/400 as my daily driver; it can be a bit juddery but it's quite easy to live with