Help - Dipol Barrier Lock [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Help - Dipol Barrier Lock

kEVO
30-10-2003, 14:45
I have requested by my insurance company to have a Dipol Barrier Lock fitted to my EVO 6. This device locks the car into reverse.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these fitted in the East Sussex / Kent Area.

Thanks.

LeeLegend-TME139
30-10-2003, 15:42
good luck, i was requested to get the same sort of thing from Multilock, could find a single dealer.....

they settled on me getting disklock in the end

lee

DaveG
30-10-2003, 16:04
kEVO, I fitted a gear lock from http://www.carlock.ltd.uk for my insurance (I think the same insurers as you). Cost was around 100 to buy, or 199 fitted. They only fit in the South Wales area though, although any decent auto security company should be able to fit it for you.

kEVO
30-10-2003, 18:33
Thanks Dave,

Have email the company for more information - Luckerly my parents live over that side of the country, so a visit may be in on the cards.

What was the standard of installation from this company, as it looks like quiet a lump to fit to the car.

Thanks again.

Kev.

DaveG
30-10-2003, 18:46
Fitting is good. Very discrete and I bought the one that pulls out an inch or two and then hangs down so no need to have the bar lose in the car. Would take some pics, but the cars away for 3 weeks :(.

If you speak to Martin at Car Lock and mention the MLR owners club you may even get a discount ;)