Headlight adjuster - Jap Car [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Headlight adjuster - Jap Car

Eight Speed
28-10-2003, 17:51
All,

I have just picked up my Evo6 import and am over the moon!! My question is:

Due to the car being an import, does it have headlight beam hight adjustment? If so, where is it? I have only had a brief time to look round the car but it doesnt seem to stand out and isnt in the regular places (to the right of the driver on the lower area of the dash).

Absoloutley love the car, and i dont agree with magazine publications that call the engine noise 'soul less' i think it has that noise of Japanese mechanical efficiency and to me that sounds better than throbbing unreliability any day!!

Cheers

:)

Jonmurgie
29-10-2003, 13:11
Why do you need to adjust the headlight level?

DaveG
29-10-2003, 13:13
Originally posted by Evostevo
All,

I have just picked up my Evo6 import and am over the moon!! My question is:

Due to the car being an import, does it have headlight beam hight adjustment? If so, where is it? I have only had a brief time to look round the car but it doesnt seem to stand out and isnt in the regular places (to the right of the driver on the lower area of the dash).

Absoloutley love the car, and i dont agree with magazine publications that call the engine noise 'soul less' i think it has that noise of Japanese mechanical efficiency and to me that sounds better than throbbing unreliability any day!!

Cheers

:)

No there isn't one. Never needed it either. You could try stiffer suspension :D

Eight Speed
29-10-2003, 20:22
Thanks gents, thats all i needed to know.

I had no intentionof adjusting it i just wondered if there was one.

Cheers:)

justin1230smith
30-10-2003, 21:34
I have never seen an EVO 6 with a electrical levelling device i'm afraid although, looking in the translated manual I bought from Co-Ordsport, it appears maybe some Lancers did have it ... page 4-9 ... there is a picture of a rotating 4 position switch ???

Manual adjustment under the bonnet is there obviously.

Eight Speed
30-10-2003, 22:28
Justin,

Cheers for that.

Maybe it was the lesser Lancer models that were fitted with this option. Evos dont need it due to the fact that by the time the oncoming traffic has realised the headlights are maladjusted the Evo is 3 miles down the road in the opposite direction!! :D

Maxi
31-10-2003, 06:15
I have it on my evo v rs:o

Eight Speed
31-10-2003, 07:31
Ah, I will shut up then!!

Red face indeed,no offence intended.:)

Maxi
01-11-2003, 02:44
LOL

My reply wasn't particulary intended to you stevo:D

But it's fun that I have it on a v rs when it's not fitted on gsr

Eight Speed
01-11-2003, 08:32
Cheers Maxi,

I know that in the town where i live my Evo gets a lot of attention but how does an Evo go on in Monaco where i imagine there are lots of really expensive cars like Ferraris and Porches etc?

Cheers

Maxi
02-11-2003, 12:31
The Evo gets some attention even in Monaco, but now it gets less attention that 2 years ago when nobody saw evos around, now there are or have been a few ones around.

It's nice when you have a 360 in front and a lambo behind you at the light, and some tourist stops to take a picture of the evo tought:coolsm: