Heated rear window( well some of it!) [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Heated rear window( well some of it!)

Barry P.
24-10-2003, 17:55
The heated rear window on my Evo 6 GSR is only heating in three lines, fortunately they are the ones in direct line between the two spoiler blades. Is it possible to repair this or am I stuck with this problem unless I change the rear window? PS the radio reception is crap as well, does the Evo use this element as the aerial like some other makes?

chunky
24-10-2003, 18:07
Bloody annoying, isn't it? :D

You can buy what amounts to little more than a glorified silver pen for repairing the tracks on the window from places like Maplin. Halfords might even carry them nowadays.

WULLIE
29-10-2003, 23:06
yes halfords have them.

justin1230smith
30-10-2003, 09:57
There are repair kits about but not very easy to use or reliable I found as the metal "paint" doesnt want to stick to the lines on the screen as that metal has a slippery material on top of it.

My rear screen shatterred one night !? - No idea why - My insurance covered it and all I paid was a 50 excess.

Got it ordered by some quickie Windscreen company but when it arrived they had ordered a normal one with no hole cut for the wiper and no rear aerial wires.

They had to get one from co-orsport, 460 !!!!! (4 week delay but they fitted the "wrong" one in the meantime - result !

Not my problem ;)

(Yes broken wires will screw radio reception)

Justin

G8
30-10-2003, 10:26
Originally posted by justin1230smith
as the metal "paint" doesnt want to stick to the lines on the screen as that metal has a slippery material on top of it.

In future, and for other peeps, it may be worth trying a fibreglass pencil on a quarter of an inch of the metal element either side to remove this residue. They are available from Maplins for around 2 :)