F**king Cliffords [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

F**king Cliffords

steven
08-09-2003, 03:13
How crap are clifford alarm systems??? thats twice in 2 weeks the bloody things woken me up and my neighbours just dont bother looking any more so whats the bloody point in having it??:cry:

i'm going ****in mad i tell you mad

Dave Henshall
08-09-2003, 08:16
is it a concept 600 with microwave perimiter?

it'll be the sensitivity wants turning downa bit - if you have a disklok or similar they need recalibrating - also if there is a cat or similar flee infested beast on the bonnet/roof, it will trigger the perimiter -

have you used the total recal feature to see what actually triggered it? could be as simple as a fuggered bonnet swich wich is getting wet and shorting out.

owners book here (http://www.clifford.com/guides/ogs/concept600uk_owners.pdf)

VodkaPete
08-09-2003, 11:13
Water in the bonnet switch seems a pretty common complain if you do a search on here. ****ting the car about for a while will warm the engine compartment up nicely and dry the switch out.

WULLIE
08-09-2003, 11:16
steven find the microwave sensor ( usually under the handbrake cover ) and turn down the dials i had this problem in my last car the inside one was up too high and was picking up things out side. they can also be turned off if ur totally ****ed off

every time it rained or someone walked past my car it would go off

Dave Henshall
08-09-2003, 11:22
the clifford microwave doenst have pot ajustments on the top.

you have to do it by the method in the user manual. you go into a program mode using a combination of buttons and then ajust it up/down on the two zones to suit.

mud
20-09-2003, 17:05
with the clifford you can set the alarm so that if the exterior sensor goes off the alarm actually will not go off (the exterior sensor will just keep buzzing). also where the unit which sets the exterior sensor is, normally around the handbrake area, you shuold not put your mobile phone, money (change) or cds, as these all mess with the micorwaves and set the alarm off!!!