mines ecu what are the bennefits or problems [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

mines ecu what are the bennefits or problems

stevo wiv evo
24-08-2009, 23:43
hello guys ive been offered a mines ecu for 200pound is this a good price and what will the bennefits or problems be by fitting it i am currently driving a e5 gsr fresh import the guy says it will remove any limiters that are on the car as it will only goto 112mph tested on a race track of course it also has de-cat,dumpvalve,induction kit and 4inch mugen 5 stainless exhaust system its currently boosting 14psi also any help would be greatly appreciated:smthumbup

grayw
25-08-2009, 05:43
The mines ECU is more aggressive than the stock and Ralliart version, and add a lot of ignition advance. The boost level will remain similar, as you need either a manual or electronic controller to raise it.
I would be more inclined to get your standard one remapped, this will provide all the same benefits, but be safer for your car.

stevo wiv evo
25-08-2009, 18:29
The mines ECU is more aggressive than the stock and Ralliart version, and add a lot of ignition advance. The boost level will remain similar, as you need either a manual or electronic controller to raise it.
I would be more inclined to get your standard one remapped, this will provide all the same benefits, but be safer for your car.

re-mapping costs an absolute fortune tho as they want me to pay for a licence first to re-map which i think is bloody ridiculous when i had cossies i never had to buy a licence for mapping and the like:smthumbdo

grayw
25-08-2009, 18:33
Have a shop around, you will find there are some deal to be had.