Big thumbs up to Chris at Nowell and Richards [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Big thumbs up to Chris at Nowell and Richards

agent.blue
26-06-2009, 15:25
New to the EVO scene just insured my first EVO (2001 EVO 7) with Nowell and Richards.
Chris is a top guy and got me a great price (498) with like for like on mods and even put up and coming future mods on file.

Prices I was quoted as follows :-

Current insurer with my FTO GpvR -- extra 365 for 10 months = 635 year

Keith michaels-- 550
Footman James ---over 1000
Aplan -- I quote "no where near 550 "..lol (expect nearer 1000)
and didnt even now what an induction kit was!!
Pace ward ---660

So my vote goes to Chris Oakley at N and R :smthumbup

InsBro
26-06-2009, 15:44
We cant win them all :(

But with a member discount and a member policy we would have been a lot closer.

Jez

Barry P.
11-08-2009, 16:06
We cant win them all :(

But with a member discount and a member policy we would have been a lot closer.

Jez

Well I'm a member, and also have a second vehicle insured wirh Pace Ward, and when it came to renew my Evo 2 track day car insurance this week,which is currently with Pace Ward, it seems that Nowell Richards can insure it for fully comp less than Pace Ward can for third party,and the excess with Nowell Richards is 100 less. I'm not trying to play one off against the other Jez but what has happened to these price reductions we are being told about on the MLR forum?

DuncanIV
11-08-2009, 16:35
Chris O at N+R gave me a excellent quote.Just had trouble because the mrs needed to have been on my policy for 2 years as shes only 25 so i went back to PW.
If she had been on my policy for 2 years Chris could have beat my original pw renewal by over 150!! But PW almost matched it in the end.

InsBro
11-08-2009, 17:05
Well I'm a member, and also have a second vehicle insured wirh Pace Ward, and when it came to renew my Evo 2 track day car insurance this week,which is currently with Pace Ward, it seems that Nowell Richards can insure it for fully comp less than Pace Ward can for third party,and the excess with Nowell Richards is 100 less. I'm not trying to play one off against the other Jez but what has happened to these price reductions we are being told about on the MLR forum?

We dont really do TPF&T as comp is almost always cheaper on the MLR policy.

Have you got full NCB on the II ?

Let me have a look in to it tomorrow

Jez

Barry P.
11-08-2009, 17:35
Your company is currently insuring it TPFT and the NCB is 9 years. The current policy also has a 3000 mile limited usage but Nowell and Richards price has no limit on mileage.

And
11-08-2009, 18:33
Chris and Nowell and Richards gets my vote too :) :smthumbup

InsBro
12-08-2009, 08:23

Hi Barry

Just had a look at this for you

Renewal is 2 weeks away - the renewal had dropped over 5%
The NCB is 2 years not 9!
The car has a roll cage - not many insurers like that.
You have unlimited track day days - not restricted then a higher premium
Comprehensive is slightly more than TPF&T but still under 300!
You have all the other MLR policy benefits

I think there may be a few members who would love that premium??

Jez

Barry P.
12-08-2009, 11:28
Hi Barry

Just had a look at this for you

Renewal is 2 weeks away - the renewal had dropped over 5%
The NCB is 2 years not 9!
The car has a roll cage - not many insurers like that.
You have unlimited track day days - not restricted then a higher premium
Comprehensive is slightly more than TPF&T but still under 300!
You have all the other MLR policy benefits

I think there may be a few members who would love that premium??

Jez

Last years figure was 280, this year it was 274 so how is a 6 reduction 5% off the total?
On your renewal form your company has written 9 years NCB.
Yes the car has a roll cage and this was declared to Nowell and Richards.
Does the unlimited track days come included in the policy or are they extra?
Emma told me fully comp was over 300, I can't remember the exact figure as it was considerably higher than the other company. (I think it was 325)
"Most members would like that premium ",however they are running round in cars worth considerably more than 2500.

InsBro
12-08-2009, 11:43
The renewal notice isnt the premium for this year - as per the thread on MLR Insurance renewals

The TPF&T renewal is just under 265

Comp is just under 300

I take your point re the value but as you can see from the difference between TPF&T and comp the risk is the TP side to insurers a 2.5k Evo could do just as much damage as a 30k Evo X to a bus queue or the back of a Bentley if stolen etc.

Roll cage wise that does surprise me as it was a sticking point when I had a meeting with them due to the volume of caged cars we insure.

Jez

Barry P.
12-08-2009, 14:40
After a couple of calls to clarify a few things I have agreed to transfer my policy over to Nowell and Richards. Just to let members know how they stacked up against Pace Ward the Fully comprehensive price including taxes etc was 255 for Nowell and Richards compared to 300 plus taxes etc for Pace Ward. No limit on mileage for Nowell and Richards compared to 3000 miles per annum limit with Pace Ward. 300 excess from Nowell Richards compared to 400 excess with Pace Ward, ( and all my mods were declared including the roll cage). Thanks for sorting out the deal Chris, I'll be in touch when the other cars are up for renewal.

InsBro
12-08-2009, 15:18
No probs Barry - sorry the MLR policy isnt worth 46 to you - if you do 4 track days in your track car you will be worse off

Each to their own though

Jez

Barry P.
12-08-2009, 15:43
No probs Barry - sorry the MLR policy isnt worth 46 to you - if you do 4 track days in your track car you will be worse off

Each to their own though

Jez

Jez,
I don't quite understand this statement, why am I going to be worse off if I do more than four track days? Do you cover track days free of charge? I don't bother having track day cover normally as the vehicle is not worth a great deal of money. My policy with Pace Ward previously, and the renewal form, specifically excluded claims arising on a circuit. Has this now changed?

InsBro
12-08-2009, 15:55
Jez,
I don't quite understand this statement, why am I going to be worse off if I do more than four track days? Do you cover track days free of charge? I don't bother having track day cover normally as the vehicle is not worth a great deal of money. My policy with Pace Ward previously, and the renewal form, specifically excluded claims arising on a circuit. Has this now changed?

Ahhh - ok - you wont in that case.

I'm just wary of people (an individual) disclosing material facts to insurers when they don't disclose their own!

Jez