evo 9 mr fq 320 can i turn it in to a 360?? [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

evo 9 mr fq 320 can i turn it in to a 360??

Duncans tommi
07-05-2009, 07:30
hi i got my evo 9 mr fq 320 and i want to keep it all standered Cat airbox etc but would like to have 360 power with out buying new car.

iv got hks hard pipe kit standered
hks racing sucktion kit plumbed in to standered air box
hks panel filter
walbra 255 fule pump
and hks cat back super dragger..

is it just a case of a re map??? :naughty::naughty::lol::lol:
and if so can any body help me with this.

many thanks

Duncan

rschris
07-05-2009, 07:41
First of all you have just an fq 320 - not an MR :smthumbup

In regards to power with your current mods a remap should do just fine ;)

Duncans tommi
07-05-2009, 07:47
hi bud can you elaberate??? my mits e docs show it as brand new from dealer as a mitsubishi evo 9 mr fq 320 its on a 55 plate??
would be intrested to no if its not one? and what your reason to surgest would be??

many thanks

rschris
07-05-2009, 07:51
Well they never made an MR 320 bud in the evo 9 range

I worked for mitsubishi so I know there product well :smthumbup

Unfortunately you may have fallen foul of the dreaded 'crap advertising' that dealers and private buyers do.

Log books don't counnt for alot with evos as I have sold 360's with the logbook saying a 300.

Hope that helps they only ever did an MR 320 in an Evo 8 :smthumbup

Duncans tommi
07-05-2009, 08:00
this is very help full. i bought from dealer.. no mits only 3 days ok. so i need as much evedance as i can before i go back. i had my suspicions..

its got the 2 rails in the roof ie lumps each side. i was told only mr s have that.
its got carbon vortex gunien
its got front splitter carbon
its got yellow shocks
its got no mr badge . dealer said missing>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!

rschris
07-05-2009, 08:05
Alloy roof came on evo 8 mr series. Standard on evo 9 for lightweight.

Vortex generator is an option and can be bought at anytime.

Carbon lip an option as well can be added.

Shocks standard in yellow.

MR badges missing :crackup: I ain't even answering.

If you need any help let me know :smthumbup

mrdevo
07-05-2009, 08:29
My new invoice for my evo 9 says Evo ix MR fq-340 obiviously a spelling mistake as you cant get a 9 MR unless its a 360.

mrdevo
07-05-2009, 08:31
Could you post up a few pics mate to we have a look interior as well if possible??:smthumbup

Addo
07-05-2009, 08:31
what does the mr 360 have over normal 360's then??

Ja5on
07-05-2009, 08:35
Alloy roof came on evo 8 mr series. Standard on evo 9 for lightweight.

Vortex generator is an option and can be bought at anytime.

Carbon lip an option as well can be added.

Shocks standard in yellow.

MR badges missing :crackup: I ain't even answering.

If you need any help let me know :smthumbup

as chris has said there was a few parts from a 8 MR that just came as standard on a 9. Depending on the model was where the difference between getting splitters, vortex generators were either a standard part or optional extra.

Evo IX MR FQ 360 – As IX MR plus:
• Race Cat
• Triple Gauge Din Unit: battery voltage, Oil temperature and Boost (reads up to 1.5bar)
• Ecutek remap
• Leather and Alcantara seats with ‘IX MR’ logo (leather delete option)
• Carbon Vortex Generator
• 6 Speakers fitted as standard (excluding audio head unit)
• [SAYC changed to give increased torque differential across rear axle]???
• Uprated fuel pump
• "By HKS" badge on boot
• Available in Cool Silver, Gunmetal Grey, Flame Red, Pearl White, not available in Black, yellow or blue.

youngsyr
07-05-2009, 08:38
hi i got my evo 9 mr fq 320 and i want to keep it all standered Cat airbox etc but would like to have 360 power with out buying new car.

iv got hks hard pipe kit standered
hks racing sucktion kit plumbed in to standered air box
hks panel filter
walbra 255 fule pump
and hks cat back super dragger..

is it just a case of a re map??? :naughty::naughty::lol::lol:
and if so can any body help me with this.

many thanks

Duncan

As above, they didn't make a IX MR FQ320.

One point that is incontestable is that MRs don't leave the factory in any other colour except red, white, silver or gunmetal. So if your car is blue, yellow or black then unless it was a special order from the factory in Japan, or has had a respray, it simply isn't an MR.

Another point that will show whether it's an MR is the code on the compressor cover of the turbo. It should read TD05HR-15.5G6_C-10.5T if it's an MR. If it's the standard IX, then it will read TD05HR-16G6C-10.5T.

youngsyr
07-05-2009, 08:40
as chris has said there was a few parts from a 8 MR that just came as standard on a 9. Depending on the model was where the difference between getting splitters, vortex generators were either a standard part or optional extra.

Mr 360 you get a different interior. Seat embroidered with IX MR

The way to look at the differences in models is that they are evolutions. So the VIII MR is an evolution of the VIII and the IX is an evolution of the VIII MR. Likewise the IX MR is an evolution of the IX.

Therefore the IX keeps all of the good bits of the VIII MR (alu roof, Bilstein shocks, 10.5T hotside) and adds a few more improvements (MIVEC, compressor cover, etc).

The IX MR keeps the good bits of the IX (and the VIII MR before it) and adds a few more improvements (Eibach lowering kit, smaller compressor housing for fast response, etc).

Ja5on
07-05-2009, 08:41
double post opps.

Ja5on
07-05-2009, 08:42
Duncan you'll find the model differences in youngsyr sticky

https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=156207

but in answer to the original question yep you can get your car to 360. Theres serveral ways you can do it all depending on budget etc. Best thins is to call the tuner your gona use and have a chat to them work out the best course from there. :)

Duncans tommi
07-05-2009, 09:11
dealer has admitted its not an mr... he has offered a grand back.. i said 2... the car has 43000 miles and is an fq 320 (now) can anbody give me a figuare of what its value is??

Duncans tommi
07-05-2009, 09:12
thanks jason will contact powerstation today... many thanks to all of you

Stallion
07-05-2009, 09:16
dealer has admitted its not an mr... he has offered a grand back.. i said 2... the car has 43000 miles and is an fq 320 (now) can anbody give me a figuare of what its value is??

Thats not too bad of them

need the full spec of the car, history, owners, etc...
pics would also help

youngsyr
07-05-2009, 09:17
If he's offered a grand I'd push for two regardless. Take a look at autotrader for the price difference between IX MR and IX models, I'd imagine it's at least two grand and you can show him those adverts to back you up, not to mention he's mis-sold you a car. :smthumbdo

Going back to your original question, which ECU does your car have on it? Your profile says autronics, which means you'll need to take it to a tuner to remap it. If it's on the stock ECU you could take advantage of cheap remapping using ECUFlash.

mrdevo
07-05-2009, 09:53
Id say about 13-14k max with that milage:smthumbup

Duncans tommi
07-05-2009, 10:52
sorry my car is a standered 9 fq320.my profile i have yet to change. thats my old car the makeen..

many thanks for all your help with this guys

martinw
07-05-2009, 11:30
THIS HAPPENED TO ME (OPPS) they advertised the car as a fq340 and when i went to see it they tried to convince me that it had been imported and then converted to a 340??? they eventually backed down and admited it was a GSR and gave me a big discount. bloddy bargain as in my opinion unless you want a 340 badge on your centre console there is nothing in it realy, eapecially when you take everyithing original of and relace with BIGER N BETTER:crackup:
thell them 3k of asking or you will take them to trading standards for your emotional turmoil they have placed on your shoulders, and a set of matts:D

rschris
07-05-2009, 16:57
Can I ask how much you paid for it mate?

Duncans tommi
07-05-2009, 18:33
hi bud accepteed 1500 full and final settlement. i paid 15750 - 1500 =14250.. not bad i think.. its in excellent condition...

dubevo
07-05-2009, 18:55
Few extra for mods:D

But if you really wanted MR then its a :smthumbdo

youngsyr
07-05-2009, 18:57
I personally don't think the IX MR is all that. The VIII MR is a noticeable improvement over the VIII, but if anything I think the IX MR is a step back with the smaller compressor cover and no noticeable other improvements other than the cosmetic. :shrug:

rschris
07-05-2009, 19:51
Personally I would go for an 8 MR over a 9MR IMO

Glad you got sorted mate, dealers should be very careful :shake: