should i change!!!! [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

should i change!!!!

micevo
28-04-2009, 18:58
ive been readin a few theads just lately about the E7 ecu..
im running an apexi L jetto, on a fully forged engine with 272 cams, a 20g turbo at approx 320 brake atw...
very happy with it dont really want more power as runnin really safe at mo:smthumbup
would i see any more benifits etc from a different ecu or just keep money in my pockert??????
cheers

stu8
28-04-2009, 19:00
i have been thinking the same about my GEMS, the map is ok, but needs a few tweaks, so dont know whether to stick with the easy option of continuing with gems which has been fine for years, or try something new

Stu

AndyF_RSX
28-04-2009, 19:06
If the map is fine and you're OK with it then i can't see the point of changing it just for changings sake unless there is something specific that you're after in the other type of ECU IMO.

Andy

grayw
28-04-2009, 19:08
If you are happy with what you have, no need to change:)
There may be a benefit of additional features other ECU's provide, you could speak to someone who has already changed for similar reasons.

stu8
28-04-2009, 19:18
If the map is fine and you're OK with it then i can't see the point of changing it just for changings sake unless there is something specific that you're after in the other type of ECU IMO.

Andy

If you are happy with what you have, no need to change:)
There may be a benefit of additional features other ECU's provide, you could speak to someone who has already changed for similar reasons.

once i am feeling a bit richer and find a 7 ecu and some other bits i think i may be in touch :D

Stu

micevo
28-04-2009, 19:27
yea happy with map.. think i might have a look around and see if i can find one for a decent price an take it from there:smthumbup
Cheers