Evo X Front Brake Discs Reqd. [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Evo X Front Brake Discs Reqd.

Sider
26-04-2009, 13:09
Does any body do any upgrade front brake discs for the Evo X that are available now please?

I have the standard UK Brembos but need new discs.

GUM EVO
26-04-2009, 13:42
GIRODISC: http://www.girodisc.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=29_146_149&products_id=501&osCsid=1269ed762e943b4916174cc50aebd432

Regards,
GUM

Sider
26-04-2009, 13:51
Thanks Gum, but if they are US doubtless they will get cained for VAT, tax and parcelforce fees when they arrive :shake:

Could do with them this week as well so I can get the car back on the road for the B.H. weekend :)

nickygixer-k5
26-04-2009, 14:11
what about dba from clarkemotorsport don,t they do em

Sider
26-04-2009, 15:19
what about dba from clarkemotorsport don,t they do em

They are going to, but they aren't available for a few months yet.

sweet
26-04-2009, 16:32
Doesnt stevie at unit 8 do the new ap`s for the X?;)

Sider
26-04-2009, 16:36
Doesnt stevie at unit 8 do the new ap`s for the X?;)

Yes he does and that may well be my next port of call, but at the moment I was just looking at replacement discs and AP's don't nececerilly get the best write ups on here. I don't have much idea what is available and at what price.

sweet
26-04-2009, 16:55
If you need some urgently then your best or only option may be to just get a new set of standard discs from mitsi for now and upgrade next time when there is a bit more choice.Im pretty sure Mitsi can get parts next day.;)

GUM EVO
26-04-2009, 16:57
Project Mu should have some... speak to the official trader for them on here:thumbup:

GUM.

MarkM
26-04-2009, 17:12
They are going to, but they aren't available for a few months yet.

I had DBAs 2 piece discs on my Z, superb discs, stopping wise, but the anodised bells faded (red to pink) really quickly and the bolts rusted, I wouldn't go there again :(

Sider
27-04-2009, 09:06
Any trader input available at all?

sweet
28-04-2009, 17:56
Did you get sorted mate?.;)

Sider
28-04-2009, 17:58
Did you get sorted mate?.;)

Yes thanks mate, should have something here next week :smthumbup

sweet
28-04-2009, 18:01
What did you go for?;)

Sider
28-04-2009, 18:03
Gonna change the whole (front) lot to some AP's

sweet
28-04-2009, 18:10
:coolsm:.

VXRCymru
28-04-2009, 18:14
APs nice i think i may go for a break upgrade before coilovers, they might be more useful :lol:

but its a lota money :smthumbdo

sweet
28-04-2009, 18:18
I think the standard brakes are very good with a decent set of pads,unless like Sider you do a lot of trackdays they are more than upto the job.
Think my next upgrade will be a set of coilovers,especially if it turns out that my struts are goosed!!:wallbang:

Sider
28-04-2009, 18:22
I think the standard brakes are very good with a decent set of pads,unless like Sider you do a lot of trackdays they are more than upto the job.
Think my next upgrade will be a set of coilovers,especially if it turns out that my struts are goosed!!:wallbang:

The coilovers made me so much faster I cooked the brakes :crackup::crackup:

sweet
28-04-2009, 18:26
The X is crying out for some decent coilovers in my opinion.Fancy some but dont want to pay a fortune.:D

VXRCymru
28-04-2009, 18:26

If i thought they make a big difference, BC would be my budget I couldnt justify spending 2K+ on suspension. Mind you i spent nearly that on wheels, but at least I can see those :lol:

Maybe its getting good people who know the kit to set them up properly which would make the difference.

sweet
28-04-2009, 18:28
I would probably go BC its about what I would want to pay and it gets excellent write ups,just as good as stuff costing twice as much.;)

VXRCymru
28-04-2009, 18:29

If your struts have gone can i borrow the knackerd ones, I'll put them on and tel the wife the suspension is ****** and i need coilovers :smthumbup

Sider
28-04-2009, 18:31
If i thought they make a big difference, BC would be my budget I couldnt justify spending 2K+ on suspension. Mind you i spent nearly that on wheels, but at least I can see those :lol:

Maybe its getting good people who know the kit to set them up properly which would make the difference.

A set up is a set up, if the angles etc are the same there wont be much difference who does it I suppose, but each brand of coilover will be different as to how it is valved etc which governs it's performance. (The prices that were mentioned the other day for the Exe-tc were fitted and set up prices)

VXRCymru
28-04-2009, 18:32
I would probably go BC its about what I would want to pay and it gets excellent write ups,just as good as stuff costing twice as much.;)

So i have noticed, I'm thinking along BC lines also.

I got ****ed one night and made the wife pregnant :smthumbdo with our first child due in November :smthumbup so I'm trying to get as much done now coz meternity pay runs out after 4 months and she wants to take a year off.

Or so she thinks, got mods to pay for :lol:

Sider
28-04-2009, 18:34
So i have noticed, I'm thinking along BC lines also.

I got ****ed one night and made the wife pregnant :smthumbdo with our first child due in November :smthumbup so I'm trying to get as much done now coz meternity pay runs out after 4 months and she wants to take a year off.

Or so she thinks, got mods to pay for :lol:

Get ****ed and order some Exe-tc, they will be cheaper than your first born, I can assure you! :crackup::crackup:

VXRCymru
28-04-2009, 18:34
A set up is a set up, if the angles etc are the same there wont be much difference who does it I suppose, but each brand of coilover will be different as to how it is valved etc which governs it's performance. (The prices that were mentioned the other day for the Exe-tc were fitted and set up prices)

What about the level of firmness altered by notches/clicks? i suppose you would need to know the right number of clicks for road use then adjust for track.

This is all new to me :confused:

VXRCymru
28-04-2009, 18:38
Get ****ed and order some Exe-tc, they will be cheaper than your first born, I can assure you! :crackup::crackup:

No chance Iíve been collecting cardboard boxes already for throw away cots :lol:

Kitchen roll and selotape for nappies :smthumbup

If I bought Exe-tcs it would probably be the last child i have with my wife, divorced :lol:

Sider
28-04-2009, 18:39
What about the level of firmness altered by notches/clicks? i suppose you would need to know the right number of clicks for road use then adjust for track.

This is all new to me :confused:

This where you need to try the service that is provided by each manufacturer.
I can only speak on my experience but that firm design their units specifically for the Evo, what I mean is they fit some and test them and adjust etc to suit. They come with a reccomended set up to start with and you can play with them from there, or speak to the manufacturer (in England) to discuss.

Sider
28-04-2009, 18:42
Kitchen roll and selotape for nappies :smthumbup

:shake: forget disposable, get the old fashioned washable terry towels, then when they finish using them they make excellent rags in the garage, the best I've ever had :crackup::crackup:

VXRCymru
28-04-2009, 18:42
This where you need to try the service that is provided by each manufacturer.
I can only speak on my experience but that firm design their units specifically for the Evo, what I mean is they fit some and test them and adjust etc to suit. They come with a reccomended set up to start with and you can play with them from there, or speak to the manufacturer (in England) to discuss.

Id rather say to the fitter i want it set up for fast road use and they do it, job done. cant be ***** to take the wheels off 5 times to adjust. these Rays nuts are a fiddle :lol:

VXRCymru
28-04-2009, 18:43
:shake: forget disposable, get the old fashioned washable terry towels, then when they finish using them they make excellent rags in the garage, the best I've ever had :crackup::crackup:

:smthumbup

sweet
28-04-2009, 18:43
If your struts have gone can i borrow the knackerd ones, I'll put them on and tel the wife the suspension is ****** and i need coilovers :smthumbup

Like your thinking.:smthumbup

Sider
28-04-2009, 18:44
Id rather say to the fitter i want it set up for fast road use and they do it, job done. cant be ***** to take the wheels off 5 times to adjust. these Rays nuts are a fiddle :lol:

There you go you see, once you are happy with your ride height (which I think is easy) with mine you just lift the bonnet or open the boot :smthumbup

VXRCymru
28-04-2009, 18:47
There you go you see, once you are happy with your ride height (which I think is easy) with mine you just lift the bonnet or open the boot :smthumbup

I'm learning all the time

So take wheels off to adjust ride height and firmness is adjusted from the top via boot or bonnet. I see :smthumbup

Sider
28-04-2009, 18:49
I'm learning all the time

So take wheels off to adjust ride height and firmness is adjusted from the top via boot or bonnet. I see :smthumbup

Ride height yes, but the position of the damping adjustment depends on the make ;)

VXRCymru
28-04-2009, 18:51
Ride height yes, but the position of the damping adjustment depends on the make ;)

How do you adjust firmness of the BC?

Sider
28-04-2009, 18:54
How do you adjust firmness of the BC?

I think its on the unit in the wheelarch, but I am not sure on them, have a look on their website :)

Sider
28-04-2009, 19:00
Info on the BC here
http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/
The ER ones adjust from the top by the looks of it :smthumbup

VXRCymru
28-04-2009, 19:00
http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/br-series-coilovers.asp

Doesn't say directly says -

BR coilovers feature 30 way damping adjustment that combines both rebound and compression in one adjuster for simplicity and ease of use. This adjustable facility allows you to fine tune the vehicle to meet the relevant conditions.

looks like there is a black "nob" on the top looks like a dial

VXRCymru
28-04-2009, 19:04
Like your thinking.:smthumbup

Hows your stock clutch doing at 400/400?

will be going there soon :smthumbup

Sider
28-04-2009, 19:07
http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/br-series-coilovers.asp

Doesn't say directly says -

BR coilovers feature 30 way damping adjustment that combines both rebound and compression in one adjuster for simplicity and ease of use. This adjustable facility allows you to fine tune the vehicle to meet the relevant conditions.

looks like there is a black "nob" on the top looks like a dial

Yep, the position of that "black knob" is what you want. But it does also say "* some features are dependent on model" so check first. I know tangodeltasierra3 has fitted them to his VIII, may be worth asking him :smthumbup

VXRCymru
28-04-2009, 19:08
Yep, the position of that "black knob" is what you want. But it does also say "* some features are dependent on model" so check first. I know tangodeltasierra3 has fitted them to his VIII, may be worth asking him :smthumbup

I'll speak to BC :smthumbup

Sider
28-04-2009, 19:10
I'll speak to BC :smthumbup

:smthumbup = Apex at Bradford, just 10 mins away from me, if the traffic is good :lol:

sweet
28-04-2009, 19:16
Hows your stock clutch doing at 400/400?

will be going there soon :smthumbup

Touch wood,it seems fine upto now,but I never launch the car,always get her rolling first then have some fun!!:D
There are a few on here who went for the BC kits and have raved about the ride and build quality for the money.I couldnt justify spending 2k on a set,but then i dont do any trackdays,i suppose if like Sider I did do a lot of trackdays then a decent suspension set up is a must,and if i was seriously into tracking my car then I would think about spending 2k on such a vital area of the car.;)

Sider
28-04-2009, 19:33
Touch wood,it seems fine upto now,but I never launch the car,always get her rolling first then have some fun!!:D
There are a few on here who went for the BC kits and have raved about the ride and build quality for the money.I couldnt justify spending 2k on a set,but then i dont do any trackdays,i suppose if like Sider I did do a lot of trackdays then a decent suspension set up is a must,and if i was seriously into tracking my car then I would think about spending 2k on such a vital area of the car.;)

I haven't tried the BC's so don't want to slate them, or any others, but, apart from the lack of ride height adjustment, the standard X suspension is very good (IMHO) Even at standard "crop sprayer" ride height it will show earlier models up round a track :smthumbup

VXRCymru
28-04-2009, 19:58

i read that one of the tuners had the clutch slipping in 5th at around 420 if i remember so they eased off a little.

Eight Speed
28-04-2009, 20:15
The BC Coilovers adjust as so:

BR Series:
Front - Top
Rear - Top

RM (inverted) Series:
Front - Bottom (inverted strut)
Rear - Top

Not sure on the ER but as they are external canister there will probably be adjusters on the top of the damper and on the top of the canister for seperate compression and rebound adjustment.

Cheers,
Stevie

p.s. Dylan, any pics of the wheels on the car matey?

jamesf
28-04-2009, 20:25
I have the BR's adjustable via the top.

Nice ride height and very easy to adjust - fitted them after a few hundred miles so can't remember stock very well but I run them most of the time on 3 clicks from softest (comfy) as its my daily ride. The firm up very well LOADS of adjustment.

recommended - great value for money imho. Should be so much better than lowering springs.

jamesf
28-04-2009, 20:26
And I thought this thread was about disks!! Lol

MarkM
28-04-2009, 22:13
i read that one of the tuners had the clutch slipping in 5th at around 420 if i remember so they eased off a little.

Mine slipped on A.I.s dyno at 398 bhp @ 5000 miles, about 1500 miles after a tune, never launched or tracked :( Cusco twin feels so much better, so glad I chose it...now I'm kinda over the bill.............:cry::o [email protected] is unbeatable in my experience for twins :)

Sider
29-04-2009, 05:33
And I thought this thread was about disks!! Lol

C'mon try and keep up mate! :lol: