HKS F-Con iS [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

HKS F-Con iS

stiffler69
23-04-2009, 06:58
Are these piggy back ecu's any good they seem to have a very reasonable price attached them and are plug and playand have a mild tune apparantly so no need to remap straight away.

I beleive my standard ecu may already be mapped as my boost is higher will this affect anything?

thanks.

stiffler69
24-04-2009, 21:04
anyone?

evonut270
24-04-2009, 21:09
anyone?seeing as you have a 4 i doubt your stock ecu will have been touched as they cannot be remapped unless its been changed for an ecu from a 5 onwards.i have not used the unit you have but i have used the greddy e-manage ultimate.all in all its a good unit especially for data logging.

grayw
24-04-2009, 21:11
You are better keeping what you have if it already has a custom map. Fitting something and making adjustments without knowing what you are doing is not a good idea, considering it may cost you a lot of money if you pop an engine or something.

rob2006
24-04-2009, 21:12
You cant adjust these yourself anyway. Only HKS authorised tuners can play with these ecus. I had one on my R33GTR.

stiffler69
24-04-2009, 21:20
Cheers guys i didnt plan on playing around with it myself just really more interested in what the map is like on it when it comes as it has a mild tuned map on it

ps i no longer own the 4 it would be for my 7 i will update the car details later forgot it still had the 4 in my profile

Im guessing its got a map on the standard ecu as im showing 1.3 kg/cm2 on boost gauge so its not standard boost.

rob2006
24-04-2009, 21:39
Cheers guys i didnt plan on playing around with it myself just really more interested in what the map is like on it when it comes as it has a mild tuned map on it

ps i no longer own the 4 it would be for my 7 i will update the car details later forgot it still had the 4 in my profile

Im guessing its got a map on the standard ecu as im showing 1.3 kg/cm2 on boost gauge so its not standard boost.

I think you would be better sticking to the ecu you have in the car and either learning how to make adjustments yourself or go to someone that can do it for you. Either of those options will be allot cheaper than the HKS Fcon + mapping time.