any alarm fitters electronic boffs.? [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

any alarm fitters electronic boffs.?

hullevo
02-04-2009, 14:37
just bought a secondhand scorpion alarm of e bay just been trying to see if it works ok i can get power to it but it wont seem to arm or disarm as if the fob isnt working or something when i got it both baterys were dead so replaced them im getting the green light on the fob but nothing is arming or dis arming is there any other wires i should be conecting just got positive and earth at mo just to check it all works ok but would of thought it would arm with just power to it.anyone .? :wallbang: thanx

dazman
02-04-2009, 16:27
Most alarms need to be sync'd to the fobs and if either the ecu or fob has been out of juice for a long time it's poss either may need doing.

Find the part/alarm model no and google. Sure someone will have the details on how to do it.

wh0s_the_daddy
02-04-2009, 17:44
is it a single button key fob or 2 button ?

here's a procedure to try.

Sit in the driver's seat and make sure all the doors are closed.

Insert the key in the ignition switch.

## Switch on/off 8 times WITHIN 10 SECONDS ##

The sequence is actually on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off-on.

## At the 8th 'on' leave it in the 'on' position and all the car will lock (central locking) ##

Now press any button on the key fob.

The car will unlock.

## Switch off the ignition and you're done ##

obviously yours is not fitted to a car so where it says ## "turn ignition key to ON" ## you'll have to connect the wire that connects to an ignition switched live to a +12v and when it says ## "ignition to OFF"## then disconnect that wire from the +12v.

hullevo
02-04-2009, 19:08
ill give it a go its a 2 button key fob similar to the toad one.:smthumbup