Battery problem?? [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Battery problem??

eubsey
26-03-2009, 02:49
Decided to change my battery about a month ago as the old one was struggling to cope with all the snow and cold weather we get up here in Aberdeen. :lol:
After doing a search on here i discovered quite a few people use the HBO4 battery for a Micra from Halfords so i went with this choice. (not sure if it was the right one tho.) After fitting it the car seemed to start better for about a week. Now if the car has been sitting say overnight or for a good few hours it barely turns over and the only way i'll get it going is by pumping the throttle whilst turning the ignition. Before with the old battery the car would start by just turning the key with no pumping of the throttle needed.
Once i eventually get the car going and go for say, a 5 or 10 minute drive and stop the car, turn it off then back on again and it starts no bother!:confused:
I just had the car serviced at the weekend and asked my mate who works for Mitsi to have a look at the problem. He did a battery test and it turns out everything is as it should be. :confused::confused:
What do you guys reckon? Is the battery i've bought not upto the job or is it possible something could be draining it? I'm running a Power FC and also wondered if this could be the cause?? Any help would be much appreciated.

cheers

Euan

eubsey
26-03-2009, 09:24
btt

stu8
26-03-2009, 09:38
could be poor connections on the battery or the starter motor, could also be the startermotor going tired

Stu