clifford remote start issue [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

clifford remote start issue

mitsifreak
26-02-2009, 22:16
hey guys

maybe someone hear has some experience with the remote start feature on a clifford that can shed some light on this one.

both my brother and i spent good money to have this fitted to our cars (evo vii and 1.8 gsr) but the never start on first turn!

the alarm then trys to fire a second time which seems to get it started but now mine (gsr) will go for a third time then gives up.

engines a well maintained etc spoke to installer he said its normall but i just dont see how!

they should do excatly what it says on the tin!
anyone had the same experience?

thanks
keith.

youngsyp
26-02-2009, 22:22
I had the same issue on my Pulsar.

After some investigation, it was concluded I needed a battery with a higher CCA. Basically, the batteries on these types of car are too small. The Clifford remote start just can't work properly with them.

Paul

mitsifreak
26-02-2009, 22:34
cheers paul that sounds like a logical reason why this is happening do you know what the cca rating was on the battery you got to fix this annoying problem was? sorry not up to scratch on battery tech what would be a low cca and a high cca rating?

thanks again
keith.

Andy-FQ-330
26-02-2009, 22:38
interesting

youngsyp
26-02-2009, 22:43
I didn't ever fix it as I would have had to move the battery to the boot to be able to fit a larger one.
I'd guess the battery capacity would needs to be significanly higher than stock. Again though you'll probably need to move the battery to the boot to be able to fit one capable...
I'd define a low CCA (cold cranking amps) as the stock battery which is 300 -330 CCA IIRC. A battery with a decent capacity would be 500+ CCA. You can get one of these that wouldn't be much larger than the stock battery but, I still think it would be too large to fit under the bonnet.

Paulcheers paul that sounds like a logical reason why this is happening do you know what the cca rating was on the battery you got to fix this annoying problem was? sorry not up to scratch on battery tech what would be a low cca and a high cca rating?

thanks again
keith.