Speedo Converter Where Does It Go??? [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Speedo Converter Where Does It Go???

evojay71
24-02-2009, 19:43
I've bought a speedo converter chip for my Evo IV as it still runs in kms and on the sheet it says it wires into the gearbox sensor which is located behind the engine on the right hand side?? I've had a look and can't find it :wallbang: I'm pretty sure I'm looking in the wrong place?
Can anyone post a pic and show me where this sensor is??? Or maybe explain in a little more detail where it can be found???? Many thanks :smthumbup

NJSharp
25-02-2009, 06:19
I'll post a pic this afternoon if no one does it before then :smthumbup

The sensor is on top of the gearbox towards the back just to the left of where the gear selector arms are if that any help.

(when looking into engine bay from front of car)

grayw
25-02-2009, 06:45
The sensor on mine it at the rear of the box, the top one is the reverse light switch.

NJSharp
25-02-2009, 07:34
Fair play gray although I would put that down to it having changed positions at some point in the 4 evolutions between our IV's and your VIII. ;)

grayw
25-02-2009, 12:48
Speed pick-up is the same on the VI also, and as the box is the same design for the 5 speed form the IV to the IX, you think the speed sensor would be in the same place.

NJSharp
25-02-2009, 13:10
In that case I think it must just be us getting our wires crossed with regards to explaining where we think it is if you see what I mean.

Here is a link to the pic showing where it :

https://www.lancerregister.com/showpic.php?pic=car_register/images/65442.JPG

The green arrow shows the position of the sensor (the red thing is the strut brace if thats not obvious) sorry its not great but it should help you locate it)

evojay71
25-02-2009, 16:53
Many thanks for the replys chaps :smthumbup Will be able to find now and sort it out.

grayw
25-02-2009, 17:17
That's the one:D Further round on the top is the reverse light connector.

In that case I think it must just be us getting our wires crossed with regards to explaining where we think it is if you see what I mean.

evojay71
25-02-2009, 19:20
All sorted :smthumbup A bit of a fiddly job trying to stop the wires moving around when you go to solder them though :frust: Glad to have it running in MPH,My girlfriend used it for work for a month in November while waiting for an insurance pay out on her old car and it's surprising how much the mileage goes up running in KPH :eek:

NJSharp
26-02-2009, 07:00
Good effort mate, glad its sorted, and yes is a tad fiddly reaching in with the soldering iron. :smthumbup

I'd be surprised if the mileage went up at all when it was running in km though :mhihi: