A little help on SRS fault code please [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

A little help on SRS fault code please

MISHI
10-02-2009, 15:40
Have an Insue in my VII where when I purchased it, there was no SRS light in the dash. when installed I realised it stayed on. So I had a friend check it today and it comes u as

27 dpt squib trouble 2

I did some checking and it seems that it is the pre tensioner in an open circuit.

But I'm not too sure what they mean by an open circuit. Is it something that has to be replaced?

Johnny G
10-02-2009, 16:05
Do you have an aftermarket steering wheel?

Brian Carroll
10-02-2009, 17:11
Have an Insue in my VII where when I purchased it, there was no SRS light in the dash. when installed I realised it stayed on. So I had a friend check it today and it comes u as

27 dpt squib trouble 2

I did some checking and it seems that it is the pre tensioner in an open circuit.

But I'm not too sure what they mean by an open circuit. Is it something that has to be replaced?

27 does specifically refer to the drivers side seatbelt pretensioner. Open circuit means exactly that, that there is a break in the connection to it, wire out of the connector or frayed wire something like that - or of course that the unit is broken or has been fired at some point. Pretensioner is the unit at the bottom of the B-pillar inside the trim panel.

I'd always recommend caution about meddling with these components, if you're going to look down there do so with the battery disconnected first off, and if it looks like something's broken the workshop manual advice is replace that part of the harness - they seem to be available as seperate parts. The connectors have self shorting behaviour that's to say when they're off they go short circuit for safety, which is to prevent static discharge causing other components to fire. It'd be ok to have a look see if it's obvious what's wrong but I might be inclined you leave repair to someone else with a little more confidence in dealing with this system if it's more than something simple. An inadvertent prod with a multimeter and you could set it or other SRS component off and that would definitely ruin your day.

MISHI
11-02-2009, 01:56
johnny, normal wheel.

Brian, thanks. that probably will be my next route...

R3BB
12-02-2009, 23:23
It means someone was trying to cover up the fault by removing the bulb!

bloke101
12-02-2009, 23:45
squib trouble 2

lol sounds like a bad film.