light around ignition barrell [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

light around ignition barrell

karlw
06-02-2009, 17:10
After trying various searches ive not been able to find anything.
When i open my VI the light surrounding the ignition doesnt come on it does not beep anymore either when you leave the key in it
Is there an easy fix for this?
Hopefully its something as simple as a fuse...

thanks

stu8
06-02-2009, 17:25
does the interior light still come on when you open the door, as they will all use the same sensor

The little push sensor is the favourite to stop working ;)

Stu

karlw
06-02-2009, 17:27
ill have to check but im pretty sure the interior light comes on when i disarm the alarm

stu8
06-02-2009, 17:29
ill have to check but im pretty sure the interior light comes on when i disarm the alarm

nope, not when u use the fob, but everytime the door is open, that uses the same sensor as the others

Stu

grayw
06-02-2009, 17:51
That's normally alarm dependant, as the Cobra alarms do this.

Brian Carroll
06-02-2009, 18:04
The (simplest) common denominator between the key reminder buzzer and the key illumination light not working is the door switch on the drivers side.

bazza.
21-02-2009, 09:57
I changed the buld for a small push fit blue LED there looks a lot better :smthumbup

evojay71
24-02-2009, 19:29
I hope you don't mind me butting in on this thread but I have the same problem :wallbang: I know the door switch is a bit dicky but the ignition light switch still doesn't illuminate even when the interior light is on :confused:
I changed the ECU on the weekend and I'm 110% sure the ignition light came on until I shut the door and now and hasn't come back on since :confused: Would this also be down to the switch???