AIM Strada Setup Help / Questions [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

AIM Strada Setup Help / Questions

Raj_UK
31-01-2009, 17:14
Hi All

I was wondering who on here has setup an AIM strada or pista dash ?

Even better if you have Autronic

I have the rev's and water temp working ... but the manifold pressure doesn't relate to my AVCR or boost gauge .... not even 1 bar out for being absolute ?

Also how do you get gear calculation working ? since I went for a drive with gear calc on and it still kept saying calulating gears ?

For the speed I am using the SM4_Speed value ... but this doesn't match my speedo or my heads up (which uses the ECU value) and it's not the case of it being in kmh since when I set the dash to be in kmh it's closer but not the same as my heads up which should be the same since it shares the value shouldn't it ?

Finally ... the backlight ... I've not seen the blue backlight come on at all ... I've tried toggling night vision on and off and back again but still no back light ? even when i put it into demo mode where you can see the rest of the features / demo values the back light stays off ?

Any ideas to the above would be appreciated

regards

Raj

Barrie
31-01-2009, 17:32
weve done mine but its all a bit too tricky to explain on here

you would have to call us

as far as i remember we set up the gears on axle stands and ran the car - somehow it learns them

Barrie

NathanP
31-01-2009, 17:37
Hi All

I was wondering who on here has setup an AIM strada or pista dash ?

Even better if you have Autronic

I have the rev's and water temp working ... but the manifold pressure doesn't relate to my AVCR or boost gauge .... not even 1 bar out for being absolute ?

Also how do you get gear calculation working ? since I went for a drive with gear calc on and it still kept saying calulating gears ?

For the speed I am using the SM4_Speed value ... but this doesn't match my speedo or my heads up (which uses the ECU value) and it's not the case of it being in kmh since when I set the dash to be in kmh it's closer but not the same as my heads up which should be the same since it shares the value shouldn't it ?

Finally ... the backlight ... I've not seen the blue backlight come on at all ... I've tried toggling night vision on and off and back again but still no back light ? even when i put it into demo mode where you can see the rest of the features / demo values the back light stays off ?

Any ideas to the above would be appreciated

regards

Raj

Sorry mate working this weekend, if you still need me I'll be around Monday evening?

Raj_UK
31-01-2009, 17:46
Cheers for the reply Barrie

What's the best time / day and phone number to catch you on ?

Unfortunately I'm only free at evenings in the week or any time during the weekend, since during office hours I'm not with my dash & evo

:/

edit : if possible, please can you please confirm if your backlight is toggled only by the "night vision" setting on the menu button ? and does it need to be on or off for the backlight on your dash to illuminate ? also can you confirm if when on demo mode the backlight is on when it's doing the loop of the features where the rest of the lights and the LCD display is active ?

weve done mine but its all a bit too tricky to explain on here

you would have to call us

as far as i remember we set up the gears on axle stands and ran the car - somehow it learns them

Barrie

Raj_UK
31-01-2009, 18:30
mmmm I think I have a problem with my dash since the backlight isn't on when the demo mode runs as in this video on youtube I found :(

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ts7l1mJGnPY

Raj_UK
01-02-2009, 15:55
success on the gear calculation ... so if anyone needs to know how to set that, just let me know

:)

I wonder if I can plug a 60m bright red gear number display into the day and have it on my A-pillar ?

;)

the speed is still puzzling me :

speedo / digital dash / ratio
30 21 1.43
40 28 1.43
50 35 1.43
60 42 1.43

the ratio is the same so it's a contact factor out at the 4 speeds sampled ... I went to create a customer sensor in Race Studio but I can't seem to find how to do it ? custom sensor seems to want a value in mV but I don't get a speed signal (SM4_Speed) in mV from the ECU over RS232

any ideas ?

p.s. backlight still dead as a door nail ... sounds like it was DOA :(

p.p.s. d'oh I forgot to look into the boost display too

Mark Shead
01-02-2009, 16:10
Raj

Bring over a V box and I will adjust the speed reading on the Autronic to correct it to the dash.

Mark

Raj_UK
01-02-2009, 16:45
ah cool ... thanks Mark :)