stolen evo recovered alarm probs [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

stolen evo recovered alarm probs

overpair
19-01-2009, 18:01
hi all evo 8 stolen and recovered but thieves still have a set of keys and seperate alarm fob for toad alarm,obviously i will change locks and ignition but where do i stand with alarm can it be changed-i have spare fob at home or do i have to have a new alarm fitted.
any help much appreciated

cheers caine

Chris200
19-01-2009, 18:11
I would be going for a whole new alarm system, insurance should pay or at least contribute towards its.

Get the best you can afford, you have already had the car taken one, need to make sure itdoesn't happen again.

I would get a tracker too :)

HTH
Chris

ed_tommi
19-01-2009, 18:18
you could prob just swap the main brain over on the alarm. if not get a clifford. my car had a toad alarm, i got that off straight away. The guy who fitted the clifford said it wouldlt have taken long to get past the toad!

19-01-2009, 18:22
Ring Toad ask for a contact number for their nearest dealer, contact dealer and ask them to recode your alarm including a new fob should cost no more than 150 job done.

Clay C
19-01-2009, 18:24
new alarm fobs can be added and all others earased from the toad alarms ;)

stu8
19-01-2009, 18:25
I've been through this

Firstly dont forget the main ignition key also will unlock the doors remotely. this needs to be disabled. On the 5 there is a plastic box under the drivers seat that you need to unplug to disable that, i'm not sure if the 8 is the same

Alarm - if you go to a Toad alarm agent, they should be able to detune all previous fobs, re-tune the 1 you have, and supply and tune in another spare for you. I have an autowatch alarm and this was done for mine

Lockset - they are pretty straight forward to swop, doors and boot are easy and self explainatery, the ignition is easy enough if you know what you are doing and still have a key. I cant remember but if you search on here, there should be a thread where i've told someone how to get the barrel out

Stu

overpair
19-01-2009, 18:26
cheers all i try toad tomorrow,kicked front door down,slapped me and took keys-unfortunately the best alarm in the world would have done **** all

ed_tommi
21-01-2009, 09:30
blackjax might have helped!!

stu8
21-01-2009, 09:35
cheers all i try toad tomorrow,kicked front door down,slapped me and took keys-unfortunately the best alarm in the world would have done **** all

Have a look at SwadICE 's recent posts if you are looking for security

They both have options for remote immobilisation, ie, you let them take the keys, then when you feel safe you use your phone to immobilise the car, these options also offer vehicle tracking if you want it

Stu

iansevoviii
21-01-2009, 13:39
definately have a look at this thread :-

https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=239810

Lots of options, SwadICE is a dead sound guy, i will be going this route with an interactive system :smthumbup

AHare
21-01-2009, 15:36
Have one of these fitted.

http://www.witura.com/home/contents/gsm_car_alarm.html?gclid=CKf2vaeBoJgCFQ5GQwodzEyUnA

stu8
21-01-2009, 16:01
Have one of these fitted.

http://www.witura.com/home/contents/gsm_car_alarm.html?gclid=CKf2vaeBoJgCFQ5GQwodzEyUnA

I've been looking at these amongst others, what costs are involved. PM me if you prefer :D

Stu

AHare
21-01-2009, 16:28
I've been looking at these amongst others, what costs are involved. PM me if you prefer :D

Stu

I suspect that prices vary.The one that I have cost 150-00 fitted.

Able to call up car and listen in and disable it(send a code to the SIM).Car cannot be then started until you call again and re-enter code.

stu8
21-01-2009, 18:14
I suspect that prices vary.The one that I have cost 150-00 fitted.

Able to call up car and listen in and disable it(send a code to the SIM).Car cannot be then started until you call again and re-enter code.

cheers :smthumbup

Stu