REMAP does this guy no what he is talking about? anyone no him? [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

REMAP does this guy no what he is talking about? anyone no him?

fq-300-danny
10-04-2008, 19:28
hi please view this link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150233603454&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

i emailed him and asked can he remap my evo and does he have feedback? this is what he said.-----

hi, im afraid i have only just started advertising on ebay. which is why i dont
have feedback, but to give you a bit of a insight to what we do and why it is safe......The reflashing process involves a logging session before changing anything to ensure your car is running how it should, then when I am confident everything is ok, I will reflash your ecu with a complete new set of maps which are very similar to the Ralli Art maps, they change everything for the better, fuelling, timing, fan operating temp, water spray operating temp etc...
I will then map your boost, which is increased in small increments with a logging session carried out each time to check knock,the auxiliary mods you have installed will determine the amount of boost and ultimately the amount of power I will be able to map your car to.

does he know what he is talking about? can i trust to remap my car?:smthumbup

youngsyr
10-04-2008, 19:32
Could well be someone setting up an ECUFlashing service for money.

The process he lists looks alright to me, but knowing the process, and knowing the limits/how to extract the power are different things.

No one can tell you whether you can trust him until he's got a lot of happy customers willing to vouch for him, including some people who have looked at his maps and know what they're looking at.

evonut270
10-04-2008, 19:34
probably someone trying to cash in on the free ecuflash software.he may well know what he is talking about but why advertise on ebay????

cossie1
10-04-2008, 19:34
Sounds like he is just gonna flash in a Ralliart Rom to me.

No mention of checking the fueling.

grants
10-04-2008, 19:38
does he know what he is talking about? can i trust to remap my car?:smthumbup

NO !!

Unless you trust every egay seller :confused:

fq-300-danny
10-04-2008, 19:44
all iam looking for is someone to do a ecuflash on my evo to gain an extra 50bhp, will pay up to 250 to have it done thats all i can afford at the mo, but seems like not many people do it on here who will come to me or isnt 200 miles away so looking elsewhere now. might take the risk if he noes what he is talking abot, might say to him my mate will be here who is a x ecutek dealer to see if you are doing it right and see what he says :lol:

charlie-boy
10-04-2008, 19:45
removes the speed limmiter hey? no you cant trust him

evonut270
10-04-2008, 19:47
if u cant afford it then wait till you can better getting someone respectable and pay 700 than get a cowboy and end up payin 3k for an engine.

fq-300-danny
10-04-2008, 19:50
if anyone else can do it on here for 250 let me know, pm me :smthumbup

fq-300-danny
10-04-2008, 19:51
if anyone can do it on here for 250 let me know, pm me :smthumbup

RSgeoff
10-04-2008, 19:53
all iam looking for is someone to do a ecuflash on my evo to gain an extra 50bhp, will pay up to 250 to have it done thats all i can afford at the mo, but seems like not many people do it on here who will come to me or isnt 200 miles away so looking elsewhere now. might take the risk if he noes what he is talking abot, might say to him my mate will be here who is a x ecutek dealer to see if you are doing it right and see what he says :lol:

I agree - keep me posted ;)

cossie1
10-04-2008, 19:56
Geoff, I previously offered to put a Ralliart Map onto your ecu for you, so you could squeeze a little more power from it, without the expense of having a remap.

If your only looking to gain a little extra power then it might be a good option for you.

Remember my old engine produced circa 375 - 380bhp on an evo 7 ralliart map ;)

BarryC
10-04-2008, 19:57
Hold on a minute,
this looks very familiar :mad:
this guys name is dan20vturbo,
I was contacted by a chap called Daniel email address dan2 asking for a copy of a Ralliart rom for an evo 7 and 8 which I was told was for his own use, I also provided some support regarding fitting an evo 7 ecu into an evo 6 and your telling me this dan20vturbo is now charging 200 to call to someones house remap their car with software that is supposed to be open source or at least free to download and use, and a member here whos name is fq300danny finds this guy on ebay and so happens to post a link and a reply to a question, this seems all to staged to me,:mad:
also for someone to charge to use software that was developed and released to stop this sort of thing happening in the first place,
I am sure the developer will not be too pleased to see someone profiting from his hard work,

fq-300-danny
10-04-2008, 20:01
your not saying i know this guy are you just because he has same name as me.?

BarryC
10-04-2008, 20:13
your not saying i know this guy are you just because he has same name as me.?
I dunno mate whats going on here,
if I am wrong I deeply appologise but I dont like to see someone profit from the hard work of others i.e the ecuflash developer and all those who develop and work hard everyday to unlock and understand the standard ecu, I have no problem sharing info with anyone or helping anyone to tune, understand or modify their car for their own benefit but to see someone come along and charge for all the hard work others have put into this, is totally wrong and totally defeats the purpose of the open ecu project,
If the developer sees this sort of thing going on how do you think he might react???
do you think he will continue to develop and update this software totally free of charge so others can profit from it, I dont think so, and that will **** this up for everyone,

fq-300-danny
10-04-2008, 20:22
mate i have my own ebay account daniel_3855, not a clue about all this mapping stuff? iam new to it all, so you get this ecu flash stuff for free hows that? so people doing ecutek dont like people doing ecuflash? to prove this is the email he sent to my ebay email address.

Reply to your question about item Mitsubishi lancer evo 7 8 ecu mapping‏
Sent: 10 April 2008 17:57:45
Reply-to: [email protected]
To: [email protected]

eBay sent this message to ryan hackland (daniel_3855).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

Seller has responded to your question about this item

Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More.

Dear daniel_3855,

hi, im afraid i have only just started advertising on ebay. which is why i dont
have feedback, but to give you a bit of a insight to what we do and why it is safe......The reflashing process involves a logging session before changing anything to ensure your car is running how it should, then when I am confident everything is ok, I will reflash your ecu with a complete new set of maps which are very similar to the Ralli Art maps, they change everything for the better, fuelling, timing, fan operating temp, water spray operating temp etc...
I will then map your boost, which is increased in small increments with a logging session carried out each time to check knock,the auxiliary mods you have installed will determine the amount of boost and ultimately the amount of power I will be able to map your car to.

Regards Daniel.

- dan20vturbo Did this answer your question? If not, let the seller know.

Item and user details
Item Title: Mitsubishi lancer evo 7 8 ecu mapping
Item Number: 150233603454
Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150233603454
End Date: 15-Apr-08 23:08:29 BST
From User: dan20vturbo (38)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since 01-Jun-03 in United Kingdom
Activity with dan20vturbo (last 90 days):I have bid on 0 items from dan20vturbo

This message was sent while the listing was active.dan20vturbo is a seller.

Marketplace Safety Tip
Second Chance Offer emails with the subject of "message from eBay Member" are fake. Real Second Chance Offers come directly from eBay and also appear in My Messages with a subject line of "You have a second chance offer...".
Never pay for your eBay item using instant case wire transfer services through Western Union or MoneyGram. These payment methods are unsafe when paying someone you don't know. Learn more about sending payments.
Is this email inappropriate? Does it breach eBay policy? Help protect the Community by reporting it.

cossie1
10-04-2008, 20:24
Hold on a minute,
this looks very familiar :mad:
this guys name is dan20vturbo,
I was contacted by a chap called Daniel email address dan2 asking for a copy of a Ralliart rom for an evo 7 and 8 which I was told was for his own use, I also provided some support regarding fitting an evo 7 ecu into an evo 6 and your telling me this dan20vturbo is now charging 200 to call to someones house remap their car with software that is supposed to be open source or at least free to download and use, and a member here whos name is fq300danny finds this guy on ebay and so happens to post a link and a reply to a question, this seems all to staged to me,:mad:
also for someone to charge to use software that was developed and released to stop this sort of thing happening in the first place,
I am sure the developer will not be too pleased to see someone profiting from his hard work,

They guy on ebay is listed as being in nottingham, the guy on here is listed as manchester.

Also the OP has stated he would pay upto 250 and if he is charging 200 on ebay, then he wouldn't be in business too long :crackup:

As for everything else you have said :smthumbup

youngsyr
10-04-2008, 20:31
Without being disrespectful to FQ-300-Danny, from his posts to date I'm pretty sure he's not confident enough to start offering mapping services.

Did anyone else spot the reference to ALS on the Ebay advert, do you think this is just the lift off pops and bangs from fueling/timing adjustments?

Also, why won't he map IXs?

Is it possible this guy has got a set of cheap ECUTek licenses and is offering it as a mobile service? :confused:

fq-300-danny
10-04-2008, 20:37
thanks for backing me guys you know how stupid i am:lol:, think iam going to go for ecutek will save little more first, cant take the risk if i dont no what the hell someone is doing to my car:lol: email the guy on [email protected] and see what heys up to :smthumbup

cossie1
10-04-2008, 20:38
Without being disrespectful to FQ-300-Danny, from his posts to date I'm pretty sure he's not confident enough to start offering mapping services.

Did anyone else spot the reference to ALS on the Ebay advert, do you think this is just the lift off pops and bangs from fueling/timing adjustments?

Also, why won't he map IXs?

Is it possible this guy has got a set of cheap ECUTek licenses and is offering it as a mobile service? :confused:

I would guess the wording is lifted from various forums.

I think the ALS will be just the pops and bangs.

Email him and ask, seems strange his other auction is for flashing a ralliart map on, but is the same price.

BarryC
10-04-2008, 20:41
Danny as I said if I am wrong then I deeply appologise,
truly,
I just put 2 and 2 together, I didnt make any accusations just what I had seen as it seemed a bit suss,
sorry mate

he is deffo using ecuflash as he states he can flash the 7 or 8 no mention of the 5 or 6,
so its not ecutek.

fq-300-danny
10-04-2008, 20:43
no probs mate:smthumbup

300bhpCupra
10-04-2008, 20:48
I don't know why don't you go with some reputable tuner like mellon who is tried and tested it only costs 200/300usd.

fq-300-danny
10-04-2008, 20:51
300usd so in a different county?:confused:

twistywizard
10-04-2008, 20:53
Yeah he is in the states

By the time he has bought a Wideband O2 sensor. Got it rigged up, then sorted a Tactrix cable and figured out how to log for Melon he may as well pay someone in the Uk

youngsyr
10-04-2008, 20:53
Danny, could you please email the ebay seller and ask him if he uses ECUFlash, ECUTek or another method of mapping the car?

Could you also ask him if he uses a wideband to check fueling both before and after the map?

Cheers!

fq-300-danny
10-04-2008, 20:55
ye will email him now mate:smthumbup

DAVE-IV
10-04-2008, 21:14
:confused: Please excuse my ignorance but I have heard this ecuflash mentioned in a previous thread I started but don't know anything about it, so I searched google and came across www.ecuflash.co.uk (Ebony and Ivory Performance tuning) who will give a quote to flash an ecu, they are only 30 odd miles away from me and think this might be an option until I can afford Autronics from NR Autosport. As there web address seems to be spot on for the product I assume these are the people to trust to do the work?? I have an Evo IV with an VI engine, injectors, afm, uprated fuel pump, tubular manifold, big downpipe, decat, 3" cat back, hks induction and blitz boost controller, Nick has set this to 1.2 bar and runs sweet but thought ecuflash might give me abit more power. I understand I would need a Evo VII ecu with some wiring mods. Finally can ecuflash give you the ALS effects (pops and bangs with flames)? Thanks in advance for anyones help.:smthumbup

BarryC
10-04-2008, 21:25
no mate a different ecuflash its www.openecu.org
this is free software for flashing the stock evo 7 8 9 ecu like ecutek but free,
ya can purchase a cable from them also www.tatrix.com
this cable will alloy ya to reflash the ecu on a 7 8 9,
as for your car the standard evo 4 ecu cannot be reflashed, so ya need to get one from a 5 or 6 for ecutek reflash or one from a 7 and do the wiring mods and use the tatrix and ecuflash and tune it yourself.
go to www.evolutionm.net and start reading all the info is there
also you will need to install the white init flashing socket as the 4 didnt come with them,

DAVE-IV
10-04-2008, 21:31
Thanks for the info mate, I didn't mention but I am running an evo VI ecu with the above mods.:smthumbup
:eek: Self tuning seems VERY SCARY to me, have a fair bit on mechanical knowledge but not sure about remapping myself.

Oracle
10-04-2008, 22:04
Rob,

Off topic:

ALS does work on 8's. Why not on yours I have no idea.

SK

Robmgti
10-04-2008, 22:13
Hmmm still not sure about that ad, made me feel slightly more confident when he metioned data logging multiple runs and incrementing the boost settings whilst watching for Knock - but someone could easily have adapted someone from anyone of the forums to read that way.

You pay your money you take your choice. After learning more about it each day i use it im still going to go to Chris @ Mellon for my map. Im going for the 3 month multiple map option - approx 290, so as i add more mods in the 3 month period Chris can adapt the map.

Rob

cossie1
10-04-2008, 22:32
After some detective work it seems dan20vturbo (ebay username) is an MLR member, and it seems that his "experience" is very limited, to the point that he doesn't really have a clue what he is doing.

My advice STEER WELL CLEAR :smthumbup

Robmgti
10-04-2008, 22:54
Nice work Russ :) Will help a few people im sure.

Rob

RSgeoff
11-04-2008, 07:49
Geoff, I previously offered to put a Ralliart Map onto your ecu for you, so you could squeeze a little more power from it, without the expense of having a remap.
If your only looking to gain a little extra power then it might be a good option for you.

Thanks, but maybe I mistook what a Ralliart Map was ? I assumed it was the same as having a ralliart ECU which from what i've read on here over the years doesn't give any more power, just removes / increases the fuel cut, and up's the fuelling for when you up the boost manually yourself. It also increases fuel consumption on normal running?

So is this map different then, meaning after the map I will instantly have more power and better fuel consumption and not need a boost controller ?

PM me if you want.

AndyF_RSX
11-04-2008, 08:01
Geoff,
From what I understand about Ecuflash you can alter the std boost control tables to give you more boost without the need for an additional controller therefore I *assume* that this is what Russ is talking about.

Andy

fq-300-danny
11-04-2008, 09:27
RIGHT NOW I GET IT, ALL THE PEOPLE ON HERE WHO DOES ECUFLASH ONLY DO IT ON THERE OWN CARS YE? AND DONT USE ECUTEK? THERE FOR MUST BE JUST AS GOOD AS ECUTEK THEN? THATS WHY ECUTEK DEALERS DONT LIKE GUYS CHARGING PEOPLE TO DO A REFLASH BECAUSE ITS FREE AND TAKING THERE BUISNESS? CANT SOMEONE DO A 1 OFF FOR ME WILL GIVE 250:lol:

youngsyr
11-04-2008, 09:40
RIGHT NOW I GET IT, ALL THE PEOPLE ON HERE WHO DOES ECUFLASH ONLY DO IT ON THERE OWN CARS YE? AND DONT USE ECUTEK? THERE FOR MUST BE JUST AS GOOD AS ECUTEK THEN? THATS WHY ECUTEK DEALERS DONT LIKE GUYS CHARGING PEOPLE TO DO A REFLASH BECAUSE ITS FREE AND TAKING THERE BUISNESS? CANT SOMEONE DO A 1 OFF FOR ME WILL GIVE 250:lol:

Danny, no one has said anything about the right and wrongs of this guy charging to remap cars using free to use software.

I'm sure the MLR Traders that offer ECUTek mapping services are not concerned about him either, as they have very good reputations built up over several years that bring customers to them again and again.

What people on here are concerned about is the Ebay seller's apparent lack of experience in mapping, which is not something you can learn overnight, even if you can acquire the tools and put up an ebay add in that timeframe.

fq-300-danny
11-04-2008, 09:49
right ok now i get it :lol: so if there is any mappers doing reflash who noes there stuff let me know, if i dont find anyone in 4 weeks untill i get paid will be going for ecutek:smthumbup

youngsyr
11-04-2008, 10:42
Rob,

Off topic:

ALS does work on 8's. Why not on yours I have no idea.

SK

Thanks Sohail, would you be up for meeting up at some point and taking a look at it together in detail? I know others have tried to get it working on their cars as well with little joy, and I'm intrigued to see if there's something we're doing wrong.

I have an LC-1 permanently installed on my car, and all the gear needed to look at and adjust the maps as well as log the data.

I'd be more than happy to come to you at a time that is convenient, but it won't be for a few weeks, as I've got a few other projects going on at the moment!

technoprisoners
11-04-2008, 11:10

did somebody post a thread about a chap somwhere in london doing ecuflash maps a couple of weeks ago

fq-300-danny
11-04-2008, 14:46
come on guys anyone cash waiting:lol:

youngsyr
11-04-2008, 14:51
come on guys anyone cash waiting:lol:

Danny, it seems you're struggling to understand that most people who use ECUFlash (or at least the people who you would want to map your car), aren't in it for the money. :)

They are genuinely interested in learning about tuning their own cars and helping out like-minded people where possible.

My advice would be save up and get an ECUTek done, as it seems you are after a one-shot, all-fixing remap for your car, without getting too far into the process of the whole thing. This is exactly what ECUTek is designed for. :)

Oracle
11-04-2008, 16:10
No probs Rob. Let me know when you want to come down.

Have you tested your EGR valve?

Thanks Sohail, would you be up for meeting up at some point and taking a look at it together in detail? I know others have tried to get it working on their cars as well with little joy, and I'm intrigued to see if there's something we're doing wrong.

I have an LC-1 permanently installed on my car, and all the gear needed to look at and adjust the maps as well as log the data.

I'd be more than happy to come to you at a time that is convenient, but it won't be for a few weeks, as I've got a few other projects going on at the moment!

danevoIV
12-04-2008, 11:53

if he puts a ra rom on your car why wouldnt that be safe, should be just as safe as fitting a ra ecu shouldnt it? i ran a e6 ra ecu on my [email protected] 1.6 bar and had no problems with it in 6000 miles, every one was telling me to get a custom ecutek remap so i did i went to a well known mapper and gained 13 hp for 680 quid, bargain eh?

from looking at the advert he chucks in launch control and pops and bangs as well, and he travels to you to do it, for half the price of secondhand ralli art ecu?

Mellon
30-04-2008, 20:02
Hmmm still not sure about that ad, made me feel slightly more confident when he metioned data logging multiple runs and incrementing the boost settings whilst watching for Knock - but someone could easily have adapted someone from anyone of the forums to read that way.

You pay your money you take your choice. After learning more about it each day i use it im still going to go to Chris @ Mellon for my map. Im going for the 3 month multiple map option - approx 290, so as i add more mods in the 3 month period Chris can adapt the map.

Rob

thanks or the vote of confidence Rob...and if anyone feels uneasy about remote e-flashing just do a search for threads with Mellon in the title on www.evolutioinm.net :smthumbup

p.s. this is not an advertisement for my services as I was not allowed to become a vendor here.