Evo Iv Not starting, Need Help!!!! [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Evo Iv Not starting, Need Help!!!!

Ewan2k_uk
07-04-2008, 10:28
I had my ecu connectors off last night as i never got a chance to connect them back up,Now that i have connected them this morning when i go to start the car nothing happens, I do get power ie, ignition lights ect. Its just not turning over.

I have plenty of battery power and my key fob for the cobra alarm works. It seems like an imobaliser problem but what, I dont know.
It was starting ok before i left the ecu unconected overnight.:cry:

Any Ideas

Ewan

JRgsr
07-04-2008, 10:33
Did you lock/unlock the car with the bonnet open?

Was the imobaliser activated with the battery discounted?

Ewan2k_uk
07-04-2008, 10:44
Thats quite possible, I have been trying everything! Come to think of it i would of locked the car with the immobaliser fob whilst all the ecu connections were off. Dunno if that would of done something.

The battery has been connected all the time

Spanpody
07-04-2008, 10:48
Did you remove the ECU or just take the connectors off with the ECU still bolted in ?

There are ground wires which are secured to the chassis by the ECU bolts.

Ewan2k_uk
07-04-2008, 10:55
No the ecu was still bolted in, I just disconnected the multi-plugs and never got round to putting them back in. :wallbang:

Ewan2k_uk
07-04-2008, 14:07
Ive spoke to mitsubishi and they think its an immobaliser problem, And says to by-pass the immobaliser!!!!

Does anyone know how to do this as i got confused when he mentioned it???

JRgsr
07-04-2008, 14:18
Usualy this can be fixed by gettin the key fobs reprogramed to the immobaliser.

Most of the time if you disconnect the battery with the bonnet open and engage the immobaliser it wont start until reprogrammed.

Although annoying it is a good security feature so a potential theft can be avoid by not allowing someone just to disconnect the battery and rest everything.

Did Mitsi not tell you how to by-pass the immobaliser?

Ewan2k_uk
07-04-2008, 14:22
He did mention something but i never picked it all up, He said something about a wire from the ignition that goes into the Immobaliser box needs to be by-passed, Is this right?

Whats the correct procedure for reprogramming the alarm??

Ewan

JRgsr
07-04-2008, 14:27
I would of thought you would direct wire something in the fuse box which can by done by connecting different pins. Which I dont know best finding a wiring diagram or speaking to someone with an Evo IV.

Im afraid I think you might get stung by Mitsi or an Approved alarm company to reprogramme the fob, shouldn't cost more than 80 IIRC.

This is of course persuming this is the problem.

Ewan2k_uk
07-04-2008, 14:46
Has anyone else experienced the same problem and cured it?

Also any info on reprogramming the alarm?

:cry::cry::cry::cry: