Evo 9 FQ340 Ecutek [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Evo 9 FQ340 Ecutek

volturb40
05-04-2008, 10:12
Hello sorry if this has been asked before but i did a search and can't find any info on this car thats just had a wee upgrade, don't want to go rods, intercooler etc.
9 FQ340, have fitted a blitz induction kit, and a full 3" TSL Firestorm turbo back decat exhaust, what am i likely to get Bhp, if i Ecutek the bugger and the fuel pump cheers :)

Taylor8
05-04-2008, 10:51
370-380ish.

rsjohn
05-04-2008, 12:49
pm deanohunt as he has his e9 ecuteked and im sure his is about 430bhp

volturb40
05-04-2008, 14:41
Thanks for that, i'm sure Deanohunt has done more than that to his though but i'll give him a shout, kinda hoping for about 390bhp, as its supposed to be 345 standard and the exhaust makes a hell of a difference when i put it on, they reckon about 15bhp which i'd agree with, the air filter don't think that does anything to be honest but it sounds good. :)

Taylor8
05-04-2008, 14:50
dont think the exhaust and filter will get you that TBH, Are you fitting a boost controller?? Would be worth it.

Stallion
05-04-2008, 14:55
for 380-390 you will need
ECUTEK remap of existing factory ECU with custom map.
Stainless steel full 3" exhaust system (you have already got)
Apexi Power Intake Air Filter/HKS
HKS Iridium Spark Plugs
Walbro 255 l/hr fuel pump - needed
AVCR is highly recommended

Over 400
You will need cams, intercooler - should see around 420+ BHP

johnbanks
05-04-2008, 15:04
I would just fit a boost controller to it and check the AFR on a wideband or rolling road, get a remap if it is well off - although if you take it to a rolling road expect to be sold a remap whether you need one or not. The FQ340 map is similar to a typical tuner map already, just with less boost.

There are small further gains if you get a good custom remap and consider other parts, but the vast majority of your gains will be from sorting out the boost.

If considering an intercooler - try measuring the temperatures in the inlet manifold first - if you are in Scotland it will make you think again. Even in Scotland though, it is worth making sure your induction is well shielded from warm air from the radiator fans and exhaust manifold, otherwise you'll end up with less performance than a modified stock airbox!

volturb40
05-04-2008, 15:10
Thanks lads appreciate the answers :) bit thick when it comes to turning up the wick :) just basically wanting a reliable tweak.

Taylor8
05-04-2008, 15:11
where are you goin to get it done?? You will notice a difference what ever you do!!

volturb40
05-04-2008, 15:16
where are you goin to get it done?? You will notice a difference what ever you do!!

Not sure yet, only seems to be one place around our area and you know the usual you here good and bad things about them, would love a hurl in your car but would be dissapointed when i get back in mine :crackup:

Taylor8
05-04-2008, 15:22
Well i got to say I was really impressed with Russ at Wallace:smthumbup, Spent alot of time on my car to get it just right, thats the only place Id go.:mhihi: But I do know of a few Scooby owners that have been to see Simon at Japerformace and have come away with really good results.
Aye you and easy like:D before i change it for the final time:eek::naughty:

volturb40
05-04-2008, 15:55
Well i got to say I was really impressed with Russ at Wallace:smthumbup, Spent alot of time on my car to get it just right, thats the only place Id go.:mhihi: But I do know of a few Scooby owners that have been to see Simon at Japerformace and have come away with really good results.
Aye you and easy like:D before i change it for the final time:eek::naughty:

Yep likely will go to Russ, what you away to change now???, crazy the amount of money you can spend on these bloomin things :)

Taylor8
05-04-2008, 16:28
goin to get my rods done, might change the turbo, but i'll see