Safe without a remapping for now? [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Safe without a remapping for now?

boxman2000
26-03-2008, 14:34
Just about to fit the first engine mods to the car in the next week or so:-

APS 3" Full System
Walbro fuel pump

Never had a re-map since importing - due to get mapped in July along with some other upgrades :naughty: - will I be ok running the above for now?

Cheers
Pete

Dark Blue Mark
26-03-2008, 14:49
To be sure get an AFR check on a dyno.

I'd say yes if it were mine, but would just take it easy.

I ran my 8 with those mods and the timing and AFR were good. You do hear of odd ones where they are running lean though.

boxman2000
26-03-2008, 15:14
My problem is the only person in Channel Islands with a dyno is in Jersey and doesn't come with the greatest recommendation!!

Best not to fit fuel pump until time of mapping then?

youngsyr
26-03-2008, 15:24
As I understand it, the JDM Evos run rich as standard, this is why CCC can bolt on larger exhausts and free up the air intake a little with a panel filter without touching the maps on the ECU to create the VIII and IX FQ320s.

I had a modified airbox, Group N panel filter and decatted exhaust on my already lean FQ330 (fitted with a piggyback ECU which, AFAIK, did not adjust fueling, but did adjust boost) and was advised that any more modifications would require a remap (performed shortly thereafter).

I've also been told that the Walbro will richen up the fueling a little without touching the maps.

So, my conclusion for all that were it my car would be to fit the exhaust and get it checked when you can.

Dark Blue Mark
26-03-2008, 15:24
No prob with fitting the pump at all! I ran one for weeks before mapping.

cossie1
26-03-2008, 16:19
as above fitting the fuel pump will be fine, the fuel delivery is regulated by the fuel pressure reg anyway, so will not alter anything in your map.

As for the exhaust, again 99% sure it would be 100% fine, but best to get it checked to be sure.

boxman2000
26-03-2008, 18:25
Thanks chaps!