RA map on standard ecu [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

RA map on standard ecu

sponners
26-02-2008, 21:34
Hi guys!

been chatting to a guy on here who says he can put the ralliart ecu map on my standard ecu (evo 6).....thus making it exactly the same as a ralliart ecu.....plug and play!

anyone heard of this being done before?

he can also add antilag onto that map!

can anyone think of any problems with going down this route?

are the internals/circuits of the RA ecu exactly the same as the standard ecu?....I would have thought they are.

(the ecu is sent away to germany for this mapping)

.......and yes its cheaper than buying a ra ecu (when they rarely turn up)

cheers guys
Mark.

charlie-boy
26-02-2008, 21:38
yes mate... its done quite often

burgers22
26-02-2008, 21:53
You can fit an Evo 7 ECU if you don't mind doing a small bit of wireing. Theres a couple of people on here who would then flash that to a Ralliart map, might work out cheaper. What are they asking for the mapping?

MB

cossie1
26-02-2008, 21:55
I'd be interested to know what sw there using to flash an evo6 ecu

burgers22
26-02-2008, 22:05
Could the wiring mod be done on the inside of an E7 ECU, i.e. the connector block, so they could use ECUflash, and then put the E7 curcuit board in the 6 case and send it back?

MB

spn
26-02-2008, 22:08
It's probably this lot http://www.optican.net/

I believe a lot of the Ralliart ECU boards (without the case) that are being offered for sale are really reflashed GSR ECUs.

Sponners

The hardware is the same in the RA as the standard one.

If you're being offered this service for about 300, I wouldn't bother, either get an ECU with the Ralliart map or fit an Evo 7 ECU.

A remapped ECU with no pedigree won't be worth much if you decide to sell.

Cheers,

Simon

cossie1
26-02-2008, 22:09
Could the wiring mod be done on the inside of an E7 ECU, i.e. the connector block, so they could use ECUflash, and then put the E7 curcuit board in the 6 case and send it back?

MB

I don't think so, not for an e6 atleast, as the fan wires need swapping over and then the AC wires connecting into them.

I think you could just about do it on a 5, as the fan and ac works on the same wires / pins anyway.

But yes the board will fit into a 6 case.

Oh and for the OP, yes the 5/6 and RA boards are the same, well some have slight differences but same main controller chip so it will work fine.

sponners
26-02-2008, 22:23
cheers guys

its a company called coordsport.de

been quoted 200

think I'm gonna go for it.

and also the guy said if I had probs/didn't like the antilag then I could send it back and they'll change it free of charge (bar postage)

Cheers
Mark.

cossie1
26-02-2008, 22:28
erm thats the same company as co-ordsport that are member on here (except it's there german office).

burgers22
26-02-2008, 22:35
been quoted 200

That seems pretty reasonable. Post up how you get on.

MB