evo 6 ecu on my evo 4 [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

evo 6 ecu on my evo 4

roosie
05-12-2007, 19:42
im getting a evo 6 ecu can i just swap it over or do i need to change lots of things or injectors?

amazingjames
05-12-2007, 19:48
just the injectors ned to be swaped over too to make it work right but you could do with the tubby aswell if you can get your hands on it..

roosie
05-12-2007, 20:11
cant get turbo so does it mean i can run more boost or is it a better management overall what colour are 6 injectors

amazingjames
05-12-2007, 20:21
Its slightly bigger so when the boost is turned up it ould flow more air.Although saying that with the e4 tubby in theory it should be more responsive due to being smaller and this means it wilol spool slightly faster causing less lag so you could be better off with the 4 tubby.With the 6 ecu you can now have it remapped and have the fueling set up for more boost and really make an improvement in performance.1.6 bar should see the car putting out around 340 quite happily and would be a massive improvement and make it a lot faster than stock whoich is the reasonm im guessing you doing this in the first place

roosie
05-12-2007, 20:24
so if i upped the boost on my std evo 4 ecu the fuelling wont match or will it upto certain amount
ie can i have a safe 330 bhp on my std ecu

amazingjames
05-12-2007, 20:36
They run lean when stock so you can add a little more boost without worrying but if you want much over a bar then its best to get the fuelling twiddles with to suit but its not a big job if you have a 6 ecu fitted and i believe it can even be done over the internet these days although the best results are done with it fitted in the car and then mapped on a rolling roadc or even better on the road as it will be tailored to your car and your car alone where's over the internet its a general map and not perfect like the live jobby. If your half compertanyt you could have a go yourself and there are a few peeps on here like burgers 22 who could point you in the right direction..

danevoIV
06-12-2007, 18:55
I had the vi RA ecu on my iv, changed the injectors, and changed the fuel pump with 3 inch zorst & tubular manifold and std iv turbo and the TME turbo and then viii MR turbo all with iv cams then vii cams and ran 1.5 bar without problems on either turbo or cams, the car seems able to tun them all rich no matter what boost I ran, I also did the fuel voltage mod to prevent the fuel pressure from dropping, you will also need to snip wire 33 on the loom going into the ecu otherwise you battery will run flat.

todd-w
06-12-2007, 19:17
Originally posted by amazingjames
They run lean when stock so you can add a little more boost without worrying but if you want much over a bar then its best to get the fuelling twiddles with to suit but its not a big job if you have a 6 ecu fitted and i believe it can even be done over the internet these days although the best results are done with it fitted in the car and then mapped on a rolling roadc or even better on the road as it will be tailored to your car and your car alone where's over the internet its a general map and not perfect like the live jobby. If your half compertanyt you could have a go yourself and there are a few peeps on here like burgers 22 who could point you in the right direction..

the ability to flash /map your own ecu is only available for evovii on at present , thats why people fit evo7 on ecu to 4/5/6 with harness patch and some wire changesa, ecutek is the only re map option for stock evo5/6 ecu

The Admiral
06-12-2007, 20:40
Hi m8!

As said above, you need to snip wire 33 to stop your battery going flat and fit V+ injectors 560cc brown/red and an uprated fuel pump.

Then you need to get an ECUTEK remap to match your mods, with either a manual or electronic boost controller.

The IV ECU is pretty much identical to the V/VI except you can't reflash it...

It's more likely your car will run rich than lean when you increase the boost, but either way, it's money well spent getting it remapped :D

On a std IV engine, I'd not run much more than 1.2bar boost, or 1.4bar if you're feeling brave ;) It will probably take much more than this, but reliability will be compromised IMO...

I'd stick with the std IV turbo @ 1.2 bar and get a really nice, responsive 340bhp/300lb ft or so :D

Rog :coolsm:

maddane
08-12-2007, 15:04
hi
i wanted to fit an evo 5 or 6 ecu to mine aswell and change to the 560 injectors but not sure about where i can get the ecu remapped or flashed.
what is the best ecu to use the evo 5 or the 6 and do i have to get it remapped if so where is the best place. im in south wales and havnt got a clue where to get it done
cheers MADDANE

Ryan!!
08-12-2007, 15:43
Originally posted by The Admiral

On a std IV engine, I'd not run much more than 1.2bar boost, or 1.4bar if you're feeling brave ;) It will probably take much more than this, but reliability will be compromised IMO...

Running 1.5/1.6 bar on the stock iv engine although properly mapped on autronics.

stock ecu ,fuel pump,1.2 bar is a good cheap option.

The Admiral
08-12-2007, 16:00
Originally posted by maddane
hi
i wanted to fit an evo 5 or 6 ecu to mine aswell and change to the 560 injectors but not sure about where i can get the ecu remapped or flashed.
what is the best ecu to use the evo 5 or the 6 and do i have to get it remapped if so where is the best place. im in south wales and havnt got a clue where to get it done
cheers MADDANE
V ECU easier 'cos you don't have the problem with the charging wire :D

Don't really know who's best down your way, I'm afraid...

amazingjames
08-12-2007, 16:06
If you ask antony at indigo nicely he'l no doubt pout you onto some1 in that neck of the woods as thats his stompping ground and he uses a good mapper for a lot of his customers who all seem happy with the work done..The 5 ecu is the same really as the 6 part from snipping a wire..Either will do the job the same.

maddane
08-12-2007, 16:09
how much will i be looking to pay for an evo 5 ecu
and does anyone have any part numbers to make sure i get the right one
cheers MADDANE

The Admiral
08-12-2007, 16:13
Shouldn't cost too much - try http://www.japperformanceparts.co.uk/

Rog :cool: