getting mapped 2morrow advice please !!!! [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

getting mapped 2morrow advice please !!!!

mk1golf
12-11-2007, 19:58
evening all ....

right ive just finished fitting my gt3076 turbo to my evo 5 and im taking it too be mapped tomorrow and i want to know what power to go for, ive got forged internals, walbro fuel pump, sard reg, full 3" stainless system, large intercooler, external wastegate, standard 560cc injectors, exedy organic racing clutch and a greddy e manage ultimate ecu which is running a standard air flow meter.

ide like 450bhp but will my injectors be ok for that power and also will the air flow meter max out at that power or can i fit a larger one?

has anyone had any trouble running this sort of power i.e gearbox, diff, shafts not handdling it?

i know alot of people get very good power from these turbos but i want it to be reliable as i dont want to be replacing gearbox's and clutch's evey month.

also what sort of boost should i run it at as im at 1.4 bar at the min, and what sort of power should i be looking at?

sorry for all the questions im just excited.

evo8260gtr
12-11-2007, 20:06
you should see probably just under 450bhp cause your injectors will be maxed out.

your gearbox should be fine at that power level as long as its in good nick, most of your drivetrain will suffer badly if you launch the car lol

i reckon you'l make 450bhp on that turbo at around 1.6 -1.8 bar

Blair
12-11-2007, 20:08
My std injectors are maxing out way before 450bhp mate.

Chris J
12-11-2007, 20:13
Air flow meter won't do much over 400 and injectors will be flat out at 400 ish as well.

Blair
12-11-2007, 20:17
Why on earth did you spend all that money on a forged engine and big turbo AND book a remap but forgot to spend 250 on a set of bigger injestors you NEED? :confused:

grayw
12-11-2007, 20:18
Like Blair says, 560 will be maxed out really quickly with that turbo. You should be looking at 680 to 780cc ones before mapping.

MAF is good for much more than 400, pleany of cars in the US running 3076 and larger turbo's, using the stock MAF.
Also the option of a replacement GM MAF with a 3" bore for better flow ;)

Performance Parts Online
12-11-2007, 20:39
You're going to need bigger injectors before your mapping session, unless that they are only going to give you a base map to run the car in.

Get some injectors dude, fast.

Chris J
12-11-2007, 20:48
Originally posted by grayw
Like Blair says, 560 will be maxed out really quickly with that turbo. You should be looking at 680 to 780cc ones before mapping.

MAF is good for much more than 400, pleany of cars in the US running 3076 and larger turbo's, using the stock MAF.
Also the option of a replacement GM MAF with a 3" bore for better flow ;)
Thats what i was lead to believe but i don't know as i had always been involved with Autronic which doesn't run one :D

mk1golf
12-11-2007, 21:59
thanx for the advice lads, the reason why i havent got any injectors yet is because i was told the standard ones would be ok, but it looks like i need some, has any one got any quick?

whats the best cc to go for 750cc? or 1000cc?

Blair
12-11-2007, 22:21
Originally posted by mk1golf
thanx for the advice lads, the reason why i havent got any injectors yet is because i was told the standard ones would be ok, but it looks like i need some, has any one got any quick?

whats the best cc to go for 750cc? or 1000cc? RC 750cc injectors would be fine.

Huss @ Performance Parts Online will get you some quick.

If you cant get them, cancell that remap fo aweek until you get some. You're wasting your money if you get it done with std injectors.

DREWBY
13-11-2007, 00:51
m8 you can run 2,1 bar & 510 hp, go for 800.s at least. can yu rebook for another day,

& on 500 hp that clutch will soon be saying night night ;)

stevov
13-11-2007, 06:42
until you get bigger injectors get your mapper to increase the fuel pressure in the fuel rail.static pressure(vacumn disconnected)should be 3 bar.increase this to 3.5 bar.the higher pressure will allow your mapper to maintain an acceptable duty cycle.that said your still going to need bigger injectors to make your target with an acceptable saftey margin.would look at uprating the fuel pump to a sard 280 from moses.

mk1golf
13-11-2007, 11:24
rite ive got some rc 750 cc injectors now, so im ready for my map atlast.

my fuel reg seems to be playing up, would you recomend taking it of and running the standard one now ive got the injectors and the walbro 255 pump?

stevov
13-11-2007, 11:59
sard regs are pretty bullitproof.put the standard reg back on and see if the problem persists.check the vacumn line to the reg for leaks.walbro with 750's and stock reg should be fine but check your a/f and fuel pressure.

mk1golf
13-11-2007, 19:48
all sorted droped the car off earlier to be mapped so ill let you all know what power i get.

EtsonEvo
13-11-2007, 20:16
evening all ....

right ive just finished fitting my gt3076 turbo to my evo 5 and im taking it too be mapped tomorrow and i want to know what power to go for, ive got forged internals, walbro fuel pump, sard reg, full 3" stainless system, large intercooler, external wastegate, standard 560cc injectors, exedy organic racing clutch and a greddy e manage ultimate ecu which is running a standard air flow meter.

ide like 450bhp but will my injectors be ok for that power and also will the air flow meter max out at that power or can i fit a larger one?

has anyone had any trouble running this sort of power i.e gearbox, diff, shafts not handdling it?

i know alot of people get very good power from these turbos but i want it to be reliable as i dont want to be replacing gearbox's and clutch's evey month.

also what sort of boost should i run it at as im at 1.4 bar at the min, and what sort of power should i be looking at?

sorry for all the questions im just excited.

mk1golf
13-11-2007, 22:00
just thinking for the future would it be worth while me putting a set of cams in?

stevov
13-11-2007, 22:02
just thinking for the future would it be worth while me putting a set of cams in?

in a word yes.