Ecutek Package Rc Developments [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Ecutek Package Rc Developments

EVO D
13-10-2007, 18:25
HI ALL HAD MY CAR ROLLING ROADED TODAY ITS STANDARD APART FROM A DE-CAT AND A HKS MUSHROOM FILTER IT CAME OUT 324BHP ATF. ITS A FQ340 THE BOOST SEEM TO PEAK AT 1.4BAR AND THEN DROP TO 1.0 BAR ANY IDEAS WHATS WRONG?

ALSO HAS ANY ONE HAD AN ECUTEK PACKAGE FITTED FROM RC DEVELOPMENTS ARE THEY ANY GOOD?

Gary-360
13-10-2007, 18:44
I'm unsure what RR you used, but surely they should have diagnosed the problem and advised a course of action?

Fastedd
13-10-2007, 18:46
That is normal boost mate for a stock car.

Originally posted by EVO D
HI ALL HAD MY CAR ROLLING ROADED TODAY ITS STANDARD APART FROM A DE-CAT AND A HKS MUSHROOM FILTER IT CAME OUT 324BHP ATF. ITS A FQ340 THE BOOST SEEM TO PEAK AT 1.4BAR AND THEN DROP TO 1.0 BAR ANY IDEAS WHATS WRONG?

ALSO HAS ANY ONE HAD AN ECUTEK PACKAGE FITTED FROM RC DEVELOPMENTS ARE THEY ANY GOOD?

Blair
13-10-2007, 18:47
Originally posted by EVO D

ALSO HAS ANY ONE HAD AN ECUTEK PACKAGE FITTED FROM RC DEVELOPMENTS ARE THEY ANY GOOD? THE PEOPLE RUNNING THE DYNO SURELY WOULD OF SAID WHAT WAS WRONG, IF ANYTHING?

AND YES, RC AND VERY GOOD.

rsjohn
13-10-2007, 18:49
surely with the de-cat he would be slightly over the 340 atf not under??

Ryan!!
13-10-2007, 19:09
hi mate,nice to meet you today,everyones figures were generally lower today probably around 20bhp at the flywheel. If you get a decent boost controller and ecutek you will be close to 400bhp.
Could you add your power etc to the results page in the rr section thanks Ryan.
p.s your car is one of the best looking evo's i've ever seen.

EVO D
13-10-2007, 20:29
THANKS MATE WILL DO CHEERS FOR A GREAT DAY OUT HOW DID YOU GET ON WITH YOURS?

aus73
15-10-2007, 10:13
Hi All,

An FQ340 with a decat would normally be running around 350bhp. The FQ340 originally ran with a unichip piggyback ecu which was ok - but not perfect. The mixture is run on the edge as standard, and while the bottom end boost was set for 1.4 bar, some cars would run 1.5 bar in standard trim. This caused some issues on a few cars, and all the FQ340s had their boost restrictor changed for a larger version to run less bost when the cars came in for servicing - they probably wouldn't even tell you when it was done.

If the inlet temp on the rollers was too high the unichip would not adjust for it, and the car may be pulling timing at the top end and affecting your figures. Also - as the mixture as standard on the FQ340 is on the limit - fitting an induction kit and not getting the map sorted may make the mixture a little lean - so it runs a little hotter and pulls timing aswell. Another issue is at 350bhp the car will need an uprated fuel pump, so there may be a few causes for the poor power figures.

It would be a good idea to fit a walbro pump, get it mapped and with a full exhaust system you should be at around 380bhp - with a boost controller even more. But do it sooner rather than later as it sounds like your evo isn't happy at the moment.

EVO D
15-10-2007, 17:17
i take it your from wrc technologies then.

Freewheelin
15-10-2007, 17:25
EVO D I'd recommend taking your car to Silverstone (Aus 73)....not far from the W Mids. I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the results!

They ecutek'd my MR 320 and the car is fantastic now :D Mods are remap, walbro pump, de-cat, airbox mod and AVCR and the result is 306ATW/402ATF and 370 lbs/ft torque.

amazingjames
15-10-2007, 17:37
If that is the guy from wrc tech then your in safe hands.I know cos he has worked his magic on the map in my evo and when he gave it back from taking it for a quick test run and i drove it for the first time after the remap i could not beleive the difference in the way the car pulled.It was like he had thrown my engine away and fitted something twice the size in its place. Well worth the drive up from bournemouth just to have them do the work and i'm saving up again to go back for more of the same magic..

Ryan!!
15-10-2007, 17:48
hi aus73,
Just as a bit of background mate,a standard e9(fq300) with decat did 212.9atw and evod (fq340) with decat did 254.4atw,my intake temperature was 30 degrees on my graph and the runs were done in 4th gear on a dyno dynamics in shoot 44.
By my reckoning 212.9atw=280bhp (should be 310bhp)
254.4atw=335bhp (should be 350bhp)

looks like the rollers were reading roughly 20bhp low.
What do you think.

EVO D
15-10-2007, 17:52
cheers mate ill have to give him a visit what boost controller do you recommend?

Racing Snake
15-10-2007, 18:03
Originally posted by aus73

The FQ340 originally ran with a unichip piggyback ecu which was ok - but not perfect.

Doesnt the Evo 9 FQ340 just have a remap of the original ECU :confused:

amazingjames
15-10-2007, 18:07
There is only 1 worth considering and thats the AVCR by apexi.It does the job well and does other things too like display injector duty boost rpm and loads of other things.It has a scramble button that you press and for a set time you have a even higher boost setting for those extra mad moments.The button is up to you to fit thpugh and not included but any kind of button will work.There great bits of kit that look trick too.Antonmy at Indigo GT is doing them at a great price at the moment if your after 1.

Ryan!!
15-10-2007, 18:08
ix 340 runs a mild ecutek i believe

Ryan!!
15-10-2007, 18:11
best boost controller for ease of use is the blitz dsbc spec s,look at my boost graph on the results page no spike held boost v.well.
There is a reason why [email protected] and [email protected] use them.Does what is says on the tin.

mr prawn
15-10-2007, 19:32
Originally posted by amazingjames
There is only 1 worth considering and thats the AVCR by apexi.It does the job well and does other things too like display injector duty boost rpm and loads of other things.It has a scramble button that you press and for a set time you have a even higher boost setting for those extra mad moments.The button is up to you to fit thpugh and not included but any kind of button will work.There great bits of kit that look trick too.Antonmy at Indigo GT is doing them at a great price at the moment if your after 1.

true true :D :D hes a sound guy too

aus73
15-10-2007, 21:48
Hi All,

Sorry guys - my eye-sight must be failing - thought it was an 8MR.....

Yes - same chris as per WRC Technologies.......... Same silverstone location - same dyno dynamics dyno.........

IX FQ340 should always run the numbers on the rollers. Poor figures may be a direct result of high inlet temps? or dodgy fuel?

I'd expect 400bhp (305atw+) with a few mods. exhaust/induction/pump/ecutek should see over 400bhp.... add boost controller and fmic for 420+

Nice to hear from you all again - you know where to find me......

Chris Davies

stig
03-11-2007, 13:34
go for it dean

chris @ rs , mapped my 260 + got 326 out of it.

well respected mapper on here- especially now alan gone!!!

or you could try trl up in halifax- very good!

does sound like there is an issue with ur current map matey

disco 1969
03-11-2007, 16:35
Chris @ RS mapped my MR320 and its FANTASTIC !!

dannic1uk
05-11-2007, 14:42
Danny at RC did the Ecutek package and I got the AVCR boost controller at the same time. Turned my VIII 260 into a flying machine. Its not been on a rolling road to confirm, but Danny reckons 340-350atf and 320 torque. Excellent install and the exhaust is loud but only in relation to how far you have depressed the accelerator
RC (in Warrington) do the mapping on the road. I was a bit dubious about this but he rightly said thats the enviroment it will be driven in.
Does this mean my car will perform best in September (when it was done) I wonder!!!

Wirral_EVOIX
05-11-2007, 14:58
Originally posted by dannic1uk
Danny at RC did the Ecutek package and I got the AVCR boost controller at the same time. Turned my VIII 260 into a flying machine. Its not been on a rolling road to confirm, but Danny reckons 340-350atf and 320 torque. Excellent install and the exhaust is loud but only in relation to how far you have depressed the accelerator
RC (in Warrington) do the mapping on the road. I was a bit dubious about this but he rightly said thats the enviroment it will be driven in.
Does this mean my car will perform best in September (when it was done) I wonder!!!

Mapping on the road is by far the best method to map a car, like RC Developments mentioned, thats the environment it will be driven in. It allows the map to be carried out with the correct air flow and under the correct loads. It makes sense when you think about it!!! :)

bazevo69
05-11-2007, 15:33
TRL are also great in sheffield!

My 8MR had the piggyback ecu dumped, got a full magnex system with decat, blitz induction, AVCR boost controller and mild anti lag all brough together by the Ecutek map and made 309 bhp atw and 308 ft/lb atw! :D