Logging Boost with EvoScan [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Logging Boost with EvoScan

bassed
07-09-2007, 18:42
Hi everyone,

I've done a search but can't seem to locate an answer to my question.

I've finally got my Openport 1.3 cable and have downloaded the latest version of Evoscan. A useful tool and I'm sure I've only just started to scrape the surface.

I was hoping to be able to log the boost levels to ensure they are not peaking to high. (or holding too low). However the value always sits at zero. Am I missing something here? I've read elsewhere that this function requires additional modification and sensors? I just don't understand why? I would have thought that the ECU would need this information in order to fuel correctly? Are there other values I can look at and apply calculations to extrapolate a meaningful value?

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Mark

cossie1
07-09-2007, 20:41
afaik

The ecu gets a signal from the maf, and has no idea what the boost level is at.

The fuel cut is also a signal given by the maf.

evo8260gtr
07-09-2007, 21:52
you need the jdm maf sensor IIRC to log boost via ecuflash

burgers22
07-09-2007, 23:44
To log boost from the ECU you need an Evo iX JDM MAP sensor, as metioned above, you also need to mod the code in the ECU, see this thread for more details ECU log boost (http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=259595)

You can also log 2 byte load and on a stockish car that can give a pretty good idea of the boost levels.

MB

evo8260gtr
08-09-2007, 10:24
yeh thats what i do i use the load logging to calculate boost, theres a good thread on evolutionm.net which explains the relation between load and boost, il try dig it out and post up here

its also worth having a look at logs people post on evom.net, especially those who have the jdm map sensor as you can see the corrolation between load and boost better and can make a better judgment on your own logs

bassed
11-09-2007, 08:46
Thanks everyone for the info!! I'll take a look at the load logging and see what I can calc from those figures.

Thanks again

Cheers
Mark

bassed
11-09-2007, 10:05
Originally posted by burgers22
To log boost from the ECU you need an Evo iX JDM MAP sensor, as metioned above, you also need to mod the code in the ECU, see this thread for more details ECU log boost (http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=259595)

You can also log 2 byte load and on a stockish car that can give a pretty good idea of the boost levels.

MB

Thanks again.

The 2-Byte load curve looks very similar to the boost curves (that I've seen posted on the forums). However, they always seem to read a little higher up the scale. Do you happen to know if there is a scaling factor that can be used to level them?

Cheers
Mark

bassed
12-09-2007, 15:26
Another question,

Should I just be able to check the box for logging the 2-byte load data? The figures look odd... is there a scaling factor that needs to be applied? I think (from memory it sit ~ 1700).

Also I find the speed is way out. Looks good up to about 20mph then seems to loose the plot (no pun intended). Never get above ~60mph?

Cheer
Thanks in advance
Mark

bassed
14-09-2007, 11:15
Anyone ?

Thanks
Mark

SilverBack
14-09-2007, 13:37
As the lads have said, unfortunately the VIII does not have the MAP sensor the XI has.

I don't use the 2-byte logging in the logger as such (IICR it requires a code patch) but instead use Johns 'original' method of just changing two of the MUT requests in the VIII ROM to collect 2 x bytes of Load data and then calculate the 'real load' figure within Excel.

It involves setting a couple of tables in ECUFlash to change the addresses of two MUT requests, then add two items into EvoScan for logging. Once logged, a calculation in Excel will 'pull' the two bytes together to give a 'real load' figure.

What ROM version do you have? If it is the same as my VIII FQ300 I have the addresses and may be able to help.

bassed
06-04-2008, 15:18
As the lads have said, unfortunately the VIII does not have the MAP sensor the XI has.

I don't use the 2-byte logging in the logger as such (IICR it requires a code patch) but instead use Johns 'original' method of just changing two of the MUT requests in the VIII ROM to collect 2 x bytes of Load data and then calculate the 'real load' figure within Excel.

It involves setting a couple of tables in ECUFlash to change the addresses of two MUT requests, then add two items into EvoScan for logging. Once logged, a calculation in Excel will 'pull' the two bytes together to give a 'real load' figure.

What ROM version do you have? If it is the same as my VIII FQ300 I have the addresses and may be able to help.

Many thanks for the info. My Rom ID is 93660005. (UK VIII FQ300) Do you happen to know the changes I need to make in EvoScan to request the correct data? I'm using version 2.1.

Cheers
Mark