Evo ECU pin out information [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Evo ECU pin out information

grants
18-02-2007, 20:38
Evo III added :)


Having seen and assisted in many Evo ECU pin out questions Ive finally found, albeit enforced (bad back :eek: ), time to format some of the data I have.

Hopefully you will find the following Evo 4 8(260) information of use :)

Most, but not all, data comes from published Evo workshop manuals. Whilst the data should be correct there could/will be differences. Specifically RS models will have differences to radiator fans/aircon circuitry

I must also invoke the E&OE cop out clause :(

If you find any errors please drop me an email/pm

I have Evo 1 - 3 and 8 - 9 data, please be patient ;)


Grant


PS
Note the copyright notice, hopefully I will not find this information spread around the www :(

grants
18-02-2007, 20:40
Evo 4 - Four - IV

grants
18-02-2007, 20:40
Evo 5 - Five - V

grants
18-02-2007, 20:41
Evo 6 - Six - VI

grants
18-02-2007, 20:42
Evo 7 -Seven - VII

ERROR function and probably wire colours for pins 8 and 22 should be swaped round

I'll update pic later

grants
18-02-2007, 20:44
Evo 8 - Eight - VIII - 260

Updated for typo :eek:

youngsyr
24-02-2007, 17:26
Nice one Grant, some very useful information there. :)

Am I right in thinking that the 8 diagram is only for the 260 though?

If so, does anyone have something similar for the 8 GSR/FQ/MRs (they should be the same, shouldn't they?).

RichW
24-02-2007, 18:09
Spot on!


Thanks! :D

Shorty[paul s]
27-02-2007, 16:08
On snipping the blue 32 wire all will work correctly using the E6 ecu in an E4 ?

todd-w
27-02-2007, 19:11
its 33,i had to on mine to get it to charge the battery,but some didnt have to,when you fit the ecu check the charging rate with a voltmeter ,should get 13+ volts if not snip the wire and check again.

786evo8
27-02-2007, 19:15
excellent work!

cant wait for the evo3 diagram...................

thetyrant
27-02-2007, 19:32
Originally posted by 786evo8
excellent work!

cant wait for the evo3 diagram...................

Ditto the above :)...good work Grant

Cheers
Ian

danevoIV
02-03-2007, 20:00
nice job for the ecu pinout with colour code fool proof i recon if i can get hold of a seven ecu i could get it to run my ive not much different from the vi ecu, then maybe do some d.i.y mapping.

Shorty[paul s]
03-03-2007, 11:04
Originally posted by todd-w
its 33,i had to on mine to get it to charge the battery,but some didnt have to,when you fit the ecu check the charging rate with a voltmeter ,should get 13+ volts if not snip the wire and check again.

Sorry todd had another look ,yes 33 ..I was informed a while back it was 32 ..blue
Will get it done when on a service rather than **** it up myself ..

todd-w
03-03-2007, 21:42
:coolsm:

coolamasta
13-03-2007, 10:32
Excelllllent :D have saved a copy of them, very useful!

Just wondering though, what is the lambda heater for on the V and VI?

andy i
13-03-2007, 12:25
nice one mate ;)

AndyF_RSX
13-03-2007, 12:35
Originally posted by coolamasta
Excelllllent :D have saved a copy of them, very useful!

Just wondering though, what is the lambda heater for on the V and VI?

It warms up the sensor to get it working faster on cold starts etc..

Andy

coolamasta
13-03-2007, 13:03
Originally posted by AndyF_RSX
It warms up the sensor to get it working faster on cold starts etc..

Andy
Ahhhhh cool, cheers mate :coolsm:

GavEvo6
13-03-2007, 16:49
Good work :cool:

Another top bit of info from a great Evo community :nod:

HOK
15-03-2007, 06:19
Thanks!!!!! you have just convinced me to try and put hte EVO 7 ecu in the 6 and flash it!

grants
15-03-2007, 21:11
There have been a couple of suggestions about fitting a VII, or even VIII 260, ECU in a IV/V/VI

They should work with a few wire swaps ;) HOWEVER the VII, and later models, have a totally different radiator fan control system :( :

The fan is variable speed and controlled by its own "black box" which responds to a variable frequency output from the ECU

You should be able to use the VII ECU but you would also have to use the VII fan assembly and add a few chassis wiring mods

Grant

evil_red
09-04-2007, 14:59
hi grant, you said you hav the evo 1-3 manuals also, can you post them up too. . .would you by chance hav the pin outs of a manual for the 94' 1.8t gsr?? im buyin one of these 1.8t 2morra and it has a slight problem, but i will need some wiring info to get by. thanks

grants
11-06-2007, 16:30
At long last :D

Based on an Evo III GSR loom that I've had spread out on the kitchen floor today :blush:

Richard G
11-06-2007, 19:22
good man :D just the 9 to go ;)

thetyrant
11-06-2007, 19:26
About time!!...jeez cant even remember what i wanted this for now its been so long :crackup: :crackup:


Seriously though...good man :D

Cheers
Ian

Cohagen
19-06-2007, 19:32
Hi Grants,

For the Evo 6 connector, you have the ISC coils labelled as 1, 6, 3, and 4. While another web page labelled them as A1, B1, etc. Below is how they tie up. Can you explain why it is not 1, 2, 3, 4?

Is it because the ISC connector is 6 pin and you are identifying what specific pin in the connector to the IAC valve the connector leads to?

04 - Idle Servo 1 - ISC Motor Coil (A1)
18 - Idle Servo 6 - ISC Motor Coil (B2)
17 - Idle Servo 3 - ISC Motor Coil (A2)
05 - Idle Servo 4 - ISC Motor Coil (B1)

grants
19-06-2007, 19:45
Enough of your idle comments :D ;) :p

I'm still waiting/hoping for a reply to my PM ;)

My numbering is based on connector pin numbers

grants
19-06-2007, 19:45
Too many buttons :crackup:

bloke101
04-08-2007, 20:34
off topic.

wiring up defi set.

mph wire from defi display.

Attach to?

Speed sensor i guessed at.

nope.

Also the wire colour is not the same as it says it should be.

Taking it the FQ300 was different to listed above.?

Also which should i splice it into?

Wreckleford
17-08-2007, 05:21
Originally posted by grants
Evo 7 -Seven - VII

I want to suggest that there is a mistake in this diagram (and in the Mitsu service manual) with regards to pins 8 and 22. I' ve checked a stock 7 and found that pin 8 is the fuel pump and 22 the a/c compressor as per the 4-6. Can anyone confirm this?

cossie1
22-08-2007, 22:50
Ok just been looking at the e7 into an e6 option.

If the above is correct, then the only pins to worry about would be pins 20,21,22 which all control the fans and the aircon ? and pin 87 which is Idle Switch ??? on the e6 and is ACD signal in on the e7.

So what exactly would need to be done, and my reason for asking, is I have been offered a cheap evo 7 Ralliart Ecu.

Wreckleford
23-08-2007, 14:34
Disconenct the idle switch wire.

Then swap wires 32 and 34 (A/C Lo and Hi fan). Disconnect 20 and 21 (rad Lo and Hi fan)and connect 20 to the wire that is now at 32 and connect 21 to the wire that is now at 34.

That's all that is needed.

Edit: you might want to double check that the A/C Hi and Lo are correct for both the 7 and 6 pinouts above. I need to do this myself on the car I converted.

AndyF_RSX
23-08-2007, 14:37
:fftopic: Marcus, did you get my PM?

Cheers

Andy

Wreckleford
23-08-2007, 14:38
Yes, can't send it to you now though as I am at work, and no electricity at home due to the hurricane.

cossie1
23-08-2007, 14:44
Originally posted by Wreckleford
Disconenct the idle switch wire.

Then swap wires 32 and 34 (A/C Lo and Hi fan). Disconnect 20 and 21 (rad Lo and Hi fan)and connect 20 to the wire that is now at 32 and connect 21 to the wire that is now at 34.

That's all that is needed.

Edit: you might want to double check that the A/C Hi and Lo are correct for both the 7 and 6 pinouts above. I need to do this myself on the car I converted.

Is the A/C fan the same as the Rad fan on a 6 then ?

Also would doing that not cause a problem if the A/C was on when the engine gets hot, it's going to try and switch the fan on again, thus giving it twice as much current ???

Wreckleford
23-08-2007, 15:43
It won't cause a problem. It is working the same as before, except that the a/c fan pins are being used to trigger the radiator fans as well as the a/c fans. The ECU only pulls the fan relays to ground, so it is not as if the total fan current is passing through the ECU.

cossie1
23-08-2007, 23:55
Nice 1, thanks for the info.

Will cutting pin 87 (Idle switch) have any effect on anything ?

What exactly does that do ?

Oh and am I correct in thinking the evo 7 RA ecu is better than the Evo 6 RA ecu ?

Clivew
24-08-2007, 02:17
Top Info Grants :smthumbup

That's saved me some time!

94AWDcoupe
01-09-2007, 12:46
Installed power fc d-jetro from evo5 in my evo1. Did this without patch harness. Only two wires need to need to be added to harness to make fans work. Everything else works with no wire swaps. Including tach signals as the diagrams suggest the outputs for tach are different.

pin 20 and 21 are open on evo1 harness. I added those wires from scrap harness. Pin 20 gets connected to pin 16, and 21 goes to pin 3.

evo5
20=fan hi-a/c
21=fan lo

evo1-3
16=fan hi-a/c
3=fan lo

gtpumps
02-09-2007, 21:54
Originally posted by Wreckleford
It won't cause a problem. It is working the same as before, except that the a/c fan pins are being used to trigger the radiator fans as well as the a/c fans. The ECU only pulls the fan relays to ground, so it is not as if the total fan current is passing through the ECU.

How is this going to help? The A/C fan only operate when the A/C is operating??? So if the A/C is off you will have NO RADIATOR FAN at all :(
Also the A/C fan runs at low speed all the time when the A/C is on it's not eng temp controlled.

94AWDcoupe
03-09-2007, 13:52
Originally posted by gtpumps
How is this going to help? The A/C fan only operate when the A/C is operating??? So if the A/C is off you will have NO RADIATOR FAN at all :(
Also the A/C fan runs at low speed all the time when the A/C is on it's not eng temp controlled.

low signal triggers fans by temperature.
high signal triggers fans with a/c switch.

it will work fine

Wreckleford
04-09-2007, 06:38
Originally posted by gtpumps
How is this going to help? The A/C fan only operate when the A/C is operating??? So if the A/C is off you will have NO RADIATOR FAN at all :(
Also the A/C fan runs at low speed all the time when the A/C is on it's not eng temp controlled.

Did you ever try it? Don't assume then. If you look at the 7 service manual you will see that it triggers the a/c fan based on temperature whether or not the a/c is on, and it has two speeds depending on the coolant temp.

gtpumps
04-09-2007, 07:51
Originally posted by Wreckleford
Did you ever try it? Don't assume then. If you look at the 7 service manual you will see that it triggers the a/c fan based on temperature whether or not the a/c is on, and it has two speeds depending on the coolant temp.

I have been driving on an EVO7 ECU in my EVO6TME for 5 months :)
I have never seen the A/C fan come on without the A/C button ON and heater fan ON ie. air con operating.

At what engine temp is the A/C fan supposed to turn on?

Wreckleford
07-09-2007, 21:21
The question I asked is if you ever tried to use the a/c fan outputs to control the radiator fan? I have done a IV and a VI using the a/c outputs like this and both bring on the fans whether or not the A/C is on. The manual even explains that it turns on the a/c fan based on temperature whether or not the a/c is on. That's how I got the idea to try it in the first place. I don't remember the exact temps that the fans come in, but it is stated in the manual.

As I explained before, with the VI you have to tie the radiator fan wire to the a/c fan wire as it has two seperate circuits to control the radiator fan and a/c fan. With the IV it is not necessary because the circuits are already tied from the factory (i.e. the four ECU does not have seperate outputs for a/c and radiator fans).

Thinking some more about it, based on what you described, your car is probably wired so that the radiator fan is running off of the low speed a/c output and the a/c condenser fan is running off of the high speed a/c output.

cossie1
07-09-2007, 21:35
Originally posted by Wreckleford
The question I asked is if you ever tried to use the a/c fan outputs to control the radiator fan? I have done a IV and a VI using the a/c outputs like this and both bring on the fans whether or not the A/C is on. The manual even explains that it turns on the a/c fan based on temperature whether or not the a/c is on. That's how I got the idea to try it in the first place. I don't remember the exact temps that the fans come in, but it is stated in the manual.

As I explained before, with the VI you have to tie the radiator fan wire to the a/c fan wire as it has two seperate circuits to control the radiator fan and a/c fan. With the IV it is not necessary because the circuits are already tied from the factory (i.e. the four ECU does not have seperate outputs for a/c and radiator fans).

Thinking some more about it, based on what you described, your car is probably wired so that the radiator fan is running off of the low speed a/c output and the a/c condenser fan is running off of the high speed a/c output.

So doing it this way, the way you suggest to me before further up this thread.

The radiator fans work 100% as they should, without having to turn the a/c on, and the car does not overheat ?

Also I have been told the evo 7 onwards has some kind of control box for the rad fans, I am guessing this isn't needed either ?

gtpumps
08-09-2007, 00:56
Originally posted by Wreckleford

Thinking some more about it, based on what you described, your car is probably wired so that the radiator fan is running off of the low speed a/c output and the a/c condenser fan is running off of the high speed a/c output.

You assume a lot :)
Actually both the hi and low speed radiator fan relays are unplugged so I don't damage the EVO7 ECU while I figure all this out. It's winter here so I just run with A/C fan on, aircon compressor unplugged.

I have not reversed the A/C hi and lo wires to suit the EVO7 ECU so in my case the A/C fan should come on at hi speed as you say at a certain engine temperature. I need to check this.

The reason I have not already sorted this out is I am considering running the EVO7 variable speed fan setup, just waiting for something used to turn up at the right price :)
However summer is comming must sort it out.

Mystic
08-09-2007, 05:00
good work guys on simplifying these ecus. Patiently awaiting the evo 9 ecu diagram :). I want to put an evo 9 engine in an evo 4 (retaining the mivec :) and i think this would assist me greatly......sorry if its a bit off topic but has anyone put a 9 engine in a 4-6 yet with fully functioning mivec?

Wreckleford
08-09-2007, 15:55
Originally posted by cossie1
So doing it this way, the way you suggest to me before further up this thread.

The radiator fans work 100% as they should, without having to turn the a/c on, and the car does not overheat ?

Also I have been told the evo 7 onwards has some kind of control box for the rad fans, I am guessing this isn't needed either ?

Yes it is the same description. YOu won't need to turn on the a/c, the fans both work, the car won't overheat.

Using the a/c fan outputs is done to avoid using the Evo 7 up fan controller.

Wreckleford
08-09-2007, 16:02
Originally posted by Wreckleford
I want to suggest that there is a mistake in this diagram (and in the Mitsu service manual) with regards to pins 8 and 22. I' ve checked a stock 7 and found that pin 8 is the fuel pump and 22 the a/c compressor as per the 4-6. Can anyone confirm this?

I have now checked another 7 and confirmed the above. The wire locations are correct for the 8s I have checked though.

Wreckleford
08-09-2007, 16:04
Originally posted by gtpumps
You assume a lot :)
Actually both the hi and low speed radiator fan relays are unplugged so I don't damage the EVO7 ECU while I figure all this out. It's winter here so I just run with A/C fan on, aircon compressor unplugged.

I have not reversed the A/C hi and lo wires to suit the EVO7 ECU so in my case the A/C fan should come on at hi speed as you say at a certain engine temperature. I need to check this.

The reason I have not already sorted this out is I am considering running the EVO7 variable speed fan setup, just waiting for something used to turn up at the right price :)
However summer is comming must sort it out.

I'll try to send you the page from the manual. Alternatively you oculd just try it. If you run your car until it gets hot and then turn of the a/c, the fan should still run.

The one assumption I make in all of this is that the TME is wired exactly the same as the regular 6, but I would be surprised if there was any major difference.

cossie1
08-09-2007, 16:07
Can you just tell me what pin 87 actually does on the evo 6's please.

Wreckleford
08-09-2007, 16:17
Originally posted by cossie1
Can you just tell me what pin 87 actually does on the evo 6's please.

Pin 87 is the idle switch - I assume it tells the ECU that the throttle is closed, but I haven't checked it. The 7 ECU doesn't have an input for that, so it won't be required if using the 7 ECU.

cossie1
08-09-2007, 16:20
Nice 1, thanks mate

Can you just confirm that this is what does need doing please.

Swap wires 32 and 34 (A/C Lo and Hi fan). Disconnect 20 and 21 (rad Lo and Hi fan)and connect 20 to the wire that is now at 32 and connect 21 to the wire that is now at 34.

As you edited your original post to say you were not sure if 32 and 34 needed swapping.

grants
08-09-2007, 17:29
Originally posted by Wreckleford
I have now checked another 7 and confirmed the above. The wire locations are correct for the 8s I have checked though.

Thanks for checking, I've just looked a a GEMS manual which also confirms. Can you recall the if the wire colours are also wrong ?

Grant

Ian_Evo
09-09-2007, 20:10
I'm hopefully going to fit my E6 ECU in my E4 this week, how do i check to make sure the Pin 33 wire needs cut or its ok? Also, will i need to change injectors at the same time? Is the car drivable as normal once the ECU is fitted? thanks

Wreckleford
09-09-2007, 20:54
Originally posted by grants
Thanks for checking, I've just looked a a GEMS manual which also confirms. Can you recall the if the wire colours are also wrong ?

Grant

I didn't check the wire colours.

cossie1
09-09-2007, 22:44
Originally posted by IanGti
I'm hopefully going to fit my E6 ECU in my E4 this week, how do i check to make sure the Pin 33 wire needs cut or its ok? Also, will i need to change injectors at the same time? Is the car drivable as normal once the ECU is fitted? thanks

IIRC pin 33 does definately need cutting (but cut it as far up the loom as you can, to make sure there is plenty to rejoin it should you ever need to.

And you will need the e5 /6 injectors at the same time, otherwise your car will not run very well.

Ian_Evo
09-09-2007, 23:14
cool, yeah i got some here, prob need to fit the walbro at the same time im guessin! cheers 4 the info mate!

cossie1
13-09-2007, 14:38
Thanks Wreckleford and grants for all the info in this thread.

I have now fitted an Evo 7 Ralliart Ecu to my 6 RSII.

As my car is an RSII there was no need to swap pins 8 and 22, not sure if this would need changing over on a GSR or not.

I did as Wreckleford said, and swapped 32 and 34 round, then wired 20 to 32 and 21 to 34, and left 87 disconnected.

All seems to be working as it should, including the fans and aircon systems :D

P.S don't know if it it is because my car is an RSII but 32 on my car was Blue with Red trace and not Blue with Yellow as in the diagram.

Once again, Thanks Guys for your help :cool:

gtpumps
13-09-2007, 21:13
Originally posted by cossie1
Thanks Wreckleford and grants for all the info in this thread.

I have now fitted an Evo 7 Ralliart Ecu to my 6 RSII.

As my car is an RSII there was no need to swap pins 8 and 22, not sure if this would need changing over on a GSR or not.

I did as Wreckleford said, and swapped 32 and 34 round, then wired 20 to 32 and 21 to 34, and left 87 disconnected.

All seems to be working as it should, including the fans and aircon systems :D

P.S don't know if it it is because my car is an RSII but 32 on my car was Blue with Red trace and not Blue with Yellow as in the diagram.

Once again, Thanks Guys for your help :cool:


Sounds good :)

You only need to swap pins 8 and 22 if your car used the factory imobilizer. JDM cars do not use the imobilizer.

With imobilizer
pin8 = A/C compressor
pin22 = fuel pump

Without imobilizer
pin8 = fuel pump
pin22 = A/C compressor

My car is an OZ delivered RSII which had the factory imobilizer so I did have to swap the pins.

cossie1
13-09-2007, 21:15
Originally posted by gtpumps
Sounds good :)

You only need to swap pins 8 and 22 if your car used the factory imobilizer. JDM cars do not use the imobilizer.

With imobilizer
pin8 = A/C compressor
pin22 = fuel pump

Without imobilizer
pin8 = fuel pump
pin22 = A/C compressor

My car is an OZ delivered RSII which had the factory imobilizer so I did have to swap the pins.

Mine is a uk supplied RSII and have no idea if it uses the factory immobiliser or not ;)

gtpumps
13-09-2007, 21:21
Originally posted by cossie1
Mine is a uk supplied RSII and have no idea if it uses the factory immobiliser or not ;)

It must not use the imobilizer otherwise you would not be able to start the car :D

cossie1
13-09-2007, 21:23
Originally posted by gtpumps
It must not use the imobilizer otherwise you would not be able to start the car :D

Could be right, although it wouldn't start when I had an evo8 Ralliart rom in it.

Have you rewired yours now to get the fans working ?

gtpumps
13-09-2007, 21:26
Originally posted by cossie1
Could be right, although it wouldn't start when I had an evo8 Ralliart rom in it.

Have you rewired yours now to get the fans working ?


No not yet but I will do it on the weekend.

Also with the EVO7 ECU it gives us the possiblity (with a bit of wiring) of having the intercooler water spray work in auto :)

cossie1
13-09-2007, 21:29
Originally posted by gtpumps
No not yet but I will do it on the weekend.

Also with the EVO7 ECU it gives up the possiblity (with a bit of wiring) of having the intercooler water spray work in auto :)

It took me about 20 mins all in, to get it all wired in as it should be, however I will connect it all up 100% when I get a little more time (as in I will solder the connections) for the moment I have used chop blocks just to test it with.

Ok then, tell me about this wiring up the auto ic spray ;)

grants
13-09-2007, 21:35
Originally posted by cossie1
for the moment I have used chop blocks just to test it with.
;)

Animal/Cowboy :D ;) :p

New contacts(terminals) available :D

Grant

gtpumps
13-09-2007, 21:42
Originally posted by cossie1
It took me about 20 mins all in, to get it all wired in as it should be, however I will connect it all up 100% when I get a little more time (as in I will solder the connections) for the moment I have used chop blocks just to test it with.

Ok then, tell me about this wiring up the auto ic spray ;)

I have not done this myself yet but basically you just add the EVO7 intercooler spray wiring (including installing the switch).

cossie1
13-09-2007, 21:42
Originally posted by grants
Animal/Cowboy :D ;) :p

New contacts(terminals) available :D

Grant

Well as you and gtpumps had posted on previous pages on this thread that the evo7 ecu would not work on a 6, without the controler used on the evo 7 fans, I didn't want to go to the hasstle of soldering all the wires up nice and neatly, to findout that it didn't work and that you were both right.

Now I know you were both wrong :eek: :moon: :crackup: I will go back and solder the connections up tomorrow.

No need for new terminals, as the 2 wires that needed swapping over had to have 2 other wires attached to them, it was pointless removing the wires from the connector blocks in the end.

So I just cut them pretty high up the loom, and joined them in to chop blocks, Leaving the 3 pins with nothing connected taped up, so that nothing could short out, and cause problems.

cossie1
13-09-2007, 21:44
Originally posted by gtpumps
I have not done this myself yet but basically you just add the EVO7 intercooler spray wiring (including installing the switch).

Ok you test that bit out first then, and let me know how you get on ;)

Now I have proved (thanks once again to Wreckleford) this methord sorts the fans problem with the 7 ecu on the 6 ;)

gtpumps
13-09-2007, 21:48
Originally posted by cossie1
Ok you test that bit out first then, and let me know how you get on ;)

Now I have proved (thanks once again to Wreckleford) this methord sorts the fans problem with the 7 ecu on the 6 ;)


Ok fair enough.

Yes and thanks to Wreckleford as well.

cossie1
13-09-2007, 21:50
Originally posted by gtpumps
Ok fair enough.

:cool:

cossie1
13-09-2007, 21:53
Oh 1 other thing I noticed is, with the 7 ecu installed, logging with evoscan no longer requires pins 1 and 4 to be shorted out :confused:

Just plug the cable in, and it connects :D

cossie1
13-09-2007, 21:58
Looking at the pinouts again, pin 91 on the 6 is ground, and on the 7 it is IC spray manual.

Is it best to disconnect the ground or just leave it as it is ?

And I assume the Secondary Air Solenoid on pin 6 of the E6 is the same thing as the EGR Solenoid on the E7 ?

BarryC
13-09-2007, 22:11
Originally posted by cossie1
Looking at the pinouts again, pin 91 on the 6 is ground, and on the 7 it is IC spray manual.

Is it best to disconnect the ground or just leave it as it is ?

And I assume the Secondary Air Solenoid on pin 6 of the E6 is the same thing as the EGR Solenoid on the E7 ?

no it aint as on the 7 ecu the SAS is pin 53, ;)

evo 4,5,6 didn't have egr

cossie1
13-09-2007, 22:13
Originally posted by BarryC
no it aint as on the 7 ecu the SAS is pin 53, ;)

evo 4,5,6 didn't have egr

Yeh missed that 1 :eek:

So swap pin 6 over to pin 53 ? or Just disconnect it ?

gtpumps
13-09-2007, 22:19
Originally posted by cossie1
Oh 1 other thing I noticed is, with the 7 ecu installed, logging with evoscan no longer requires pins 1 and 4 to be shorted out :confused:

Just plug the cable in, and it connects :D

Yes that's right :)

cossie1
14-09-2007, 10:12
Ok a little update about my questions above.

Wreckleford sent me a PM, as he has run out of posts for this month, but asked me to post the info here.

If you swap over the SAS wire, you will get a check engine light for the EGR code, which is why I don't recommend doing it. The EGR and SAS solenoids are the same, and the SAS is not essential anyway.

BTW - Ralliart 7 ECUs don't have immobilizers. Also, from what I have seen any 8 ECU will require the 8 and 22 to be swapped, even if the immobilizer is bypassed.

Pin 91 can be left to ground without any adverse effects I am aware of. The ECU grounds it anyway when the water spray is in automatic mode.

gtpumps
16-09-2007, 20:59
Ok got mine wired over the weekend fans all work.

Observed LO speed AIRCON fan output (now also LO speed radiator fan), fan ON at approx 97-98C and OFF at approx 94-95C.

Thanks Wreckleford.

nitz
17-09-2007, 02:55
i've pm'd a few of you in this thread, but i'm hoping now to get some dialogue going about the possibility of this working.

usdm e8 pinout diagram (i don't know how correct it is and they dont specify which is hi and lo ac fan).

http://www.evomoto.com/tech_info.php?tPath=3_5&tech_id=19

if i follow Wreckleford's instructions on how to get the e6 fans going on the e7, and assume that pin 31 is ac/hi and pin 32 is ac/low on the e8 then i would:

disconnect the idle switch wire 87
repin wire 34 into 31
repin wire 32 into 34
disconnect 20 and reconnect to 31
disconnect 21 and reconnect to 34


what will need to be done to the following that exist neither on the e6 or e7? someone suggested you might be able reflash an e7 rom over an e8, but i don't know.

75 REAR LAMBDA - which as far as i know requires and combination of rom and hardware fix
43 CLUTCH POS SWITCH INP
46 FUEL LEVEL INP
55 EVAP VENT SOLENOID
57 FMIC SPRAYER
61 FUEL TANK DIFF PRES SNSR
73 MAN DIFF PRESS SNSR
74 SUB FUEL SNSR
77 FUEL TEMP SNSR


side by side pinout comparison

http://216.71.126.62/e6jdm_e7jdm_e8usdm.jpg

cossie1
17-09-2007, 14:27
Originally posted by gtpumps
Ok got mine wired over the weekend fans all work.

Observed LO speed AIRCON fan output (now also LO speed radiator fan), fan ON at approx 97-98C and OFF at approx 94-95C.

Thanks Wreckleford.

Do you know what the temp was before you put the e7 ecu in ?

cossie1
17-09-2007, 14:33
Originally posted by nitz
i've pm'd a few of you in this thread, but i'm hoping now to get some dialogue going about the possibility of this working.

usdm e8 pinout diagram (i don't know how correct it is and they dont specify which is hi and lo ac fan).

http://www.evomoto.com/tech_info.php?tPath=3_5&tech_id=19

if i follow Wreckleford's instructions on how to get the e6 fans going on the e7, and assume that pin 31 is ac/hi and pin 32 is ac/low on the e8 then i would:

disconnect the idle switch wire 87
repin wire 34 into 31
repin wire 32 into 34
disconnect 20 and reconnect to 31
disconnect 21 and reconnect to 34


what will need to be done to the following that exist neither on the e6 or e7? someone suggested you might be able reflash an e7 rom over an e8, but i don't know.

75 REAR LAMBDA - which as far as i know requires and combination of rom and hardware fix
43 CLUTCH POS SWITCH INP
46 FUEL LEVEL INP
55 EVAP VENT SOLENOID
57 FMIC SPRAYER
61 FUEL TANK DIFF PRES SNSR
73 MAN DIFF PRESS SNSR
74 SUB FUEL SNSR
77 FUEL TEMP SNSR


side by side pinout comparison

http://216.71.126.62/e6jdm_e7jdm_e8usdm.jpg

I think you will have to test pins 31 and 32, to see which is hi and which is low.

Once you know that, 1 of them will need to go to pin 32, and the other to pin 34.

Disconnect 20 and 21 and add them to 32 and 34.

Disconnect 87


Switch 8 and 22 if the car won't start

As for the other connections you mention, you will either have to flash that 8 ecu with a 7 rom, or add the extra wiring and sensors as needed (which i'd imagine would be more agro than it is worth).

Wreckleford
17-09-2007, 19:55
I'm able to post again, atl east temporarily.

I sent the words below to Nitz, but copied it here because of a lot of talk of cutting wires. You don't need to cut the wires to the ECU. They are easy to remove/switch around.

To de-pin the connector:

- there is a latch on the underside of each conenctor with two indents in it, use a micro screwdriver in the indents to pry it and lift it up from the rest of the connector. It will pop up about 1/2 mm.

Then go to the wire you want to remove and push a sewing pin or safety pin in the end that goes into the ECU. There are two opening for each wire, one where the actual ECU pin plugs into and another one above. Stick the pin in the one above.

If you look in the opening you will see a little tab that holds the wire end in place. The idea is to use the pin to lift the tab up. Once you lift it up, the wire will pull out very easily from the back. If you have to use any force on the wire, you are doing something wrong.

cossie1
17-09-2007, 19:59
You will still need to cut 20 and 21 in order to add them to 32 and 34, or did I miss a trick with these 2 ?

grants
17-09-2007, 20:02
Small world ;)

Pic's I sent to Russ (cossie 1) :D

cossie1
17-09-2007, 20:07
Originally posted by grants
Small world ;)

Pic's I sent to Russ (cossie 1) :D

You did and it came in very handy, but I still had to cut 20 and 21 to join them to 32 and 34.

But it was easier removing the pins, then cutting the wires and putting the pins back into place afterwards (gives you a little bit more movement, as space is pretty tight down there).

gtpumps
17-09-2007, 22:10
Originally posted by grants
Small world ;)

Pic's I sent to Russ (cossie 1) :D


You need to pull down the latch on the bottom of the connector before you release the pins as shown.

xpro
18-09-2007, 20:40
has anyone got ecu pinout for evo ixfq340 or is it the same as evo 8?
thanks

REV_HARD
22-10-2007, 21:27
Originally posted by grants
At long last :D

Based on an Evo III GSR loom that I've had spread out on the kitchen floor today :blush:

thanx for this info, we got our 4g93t engine running. basically the evo3 pinouts are same with the gsr ecu, although some trigger wires are not installed in the gsr.

we discovered the unknown wire colored green/black from pin no.41 it is a negative trigger to switch the turbine icon on the 4g93t gsr panel gauge and the 4g63t evo1 when the turbo starts to spool. i think evo 2 and 3 does not have this indicator light since it has a rearfog indicator in its place in the panel gauge.

hope this can be of help to others.

hope i could meet people here who has a 4G92 MIVEC engine. and share some inputs and share the pinouts of the ecu. mine is working fine but maybe i could learn some more from others.

thanx again and good day to all.

heo1977
06-12-2007, 22:49
Originally posted by grants
Evo 6 - Six - VI


Hi! I have bought a AVC-R actuator valve controller and shall connect the wires from it with some wires that goes to the ECU, it is a VI TME.

In the AVC-R "book" it stands that I shall look at the "M3-a" scheme, it looks like your, do you know if pin 58-"tacho" is the same as RPM and pin 84-"tps" is the same as throttle?




Best regards
Hans

technoprisoners
07-12-2007, 11:33
good job there grants.....now i want to see the x pinout done by the end of the week ;)

todd-w
07-12-2007, 18:31
Originally posted by REV_HARD
thanx for this info, we got our 4g93t engine running. basically the evo3 pinouts are same with the gsr ecu, although some trigger wires are not installed in the gsr.

we discovered the unknown wire colored green/black from pin no.41 it is a negative trigger to switch the turbine icon on the 4g93t gsr panel gauge and the 4g63t evo1 when the turbo starts to spool. i think evo 2 and 3 does not have this indicator light since it has a rearfog indicator in its place in the panel gauge.

hope this can be of help to others.

hope i could meet people here who has a 4G92 MIVEC engine. and share some inputs and share the pinouts of the ecu. mine is working fine but maybe i could learn some more from others.

thanx again and good day to all.




yhpm

grants
30-03-2008, 13:20
good job there grants.....now i want to see the x pinout done by the end of the week ;)

Sorry I'm a bit late :crackup::crackup:

Evo I to X pin outs now here -

https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?p=1936260

cossie1
30-03-2008, 13:50
Sorry I'm a bit late :crackup::crackup:

Evo I to X pin outs now here -

https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?p=1936260

****in slacker :mhihi: :smthumbup

YZR
12-05-2008, 10:06
I installed an evo7 rs ecu on my evo6rs (thank you to everybody gave advice on this forum!) and I noticed that the fans came on if the car is moving on. Did somebody get the same?

gtpumps
13-05-2008, 01:04
I installed an evo7 rs ecu on my evo6rs (thank you to everybody gave advice on this forum!) and I noticed that the fans came on if the car is moving on. Did somebody get the same?

Haven't noticed this. My exhaust is a bit loud not sure if I would notice the fans anyway :mhihi:
I guess it depends on the ROM.

agrabau
14-05-2008, 02:00
Guys- I have a few questions about the Evo VIII harness. I'm trying to set my Evo II up with the Evo VIII ECU and complete the OBDII conversion so we can flash the car.

This question might be answered by owners of 7-9 I'm not sure. There is a second, non OBDII diagnostic port on the CT9A. The scanner has one black wire attaches to the connector. I think that the connector is called C132 but I have to double check.

Does this single wire that comes with the cable run to the ECU? Does it run to gnd?

Also, I need to know ideally how the OBDII port is wired to the ECU. I can go into more depth but I tried what I thought would work (This)

Pin 56 on EVO VIII = Pin 1 on OBDII
Pin 62 on EVO VIII = Pin 7 on OBD II
Pin 13 on EVO VII = GND
Pin 12 on EVO VIII = Power

There are two unoccupied pins still on the OBDII Flash cable. I'm not sure how this white connector comes into play either.

Any help is appreciated.

Alex

grants
14-05-2008, 08:36
What car did the ECU and harness come from? I assume it's a four plug ECU

Connections, from Evo 8 260 (EU spec)

OBDII
1 > ECU 56 LG colour - Also to other "black boxes"!
4 > Ground B
5 > Ground B
7 > ECU 62 O
16 > !2V G - R

DIAGNOSIS
26 > ECU 79 G - W
I guess this is a write enable wire, or similar

HTH

Grant

agrabau
14-05-2008, 18:24
We got the write function working but not the logging.

Wreckleford
14-05-2008, 21:54
What car did the ECU and harness come from? I assume it's a four plug ECU

Connections, from Evo 8 260 (EU spec)

OBDII
1 > ECU 56 LG colour - Also to other "black boxes"!
4 > Ground B
5 > Ground B
7 > ECU 62 O
16 > !2V G - R

DIAGNOSIS
26 > ECU 79 G - W
I guess this is a write enable wire, or similar

HTH

Grant

Alex,

This is how I set mine up and it works. By any chance is your battery voltage low?

gobbles
13-06-2008, 17:04
I think you will have to test pins 31 and 32, to see which is hi and which is low.

Once you know that, 1 of them will need to go to pin 32, and the other to pin 34.

Disconnect 20 and 21 and add them to 32 and 34.

Disconnect 87


Switch 8 and 22 if the car won't start

As for the other connections you mention, you will either have to flash that 8 ecu with a 7 rom, or add the extra wiring and sensors as needed (which i'd imagine would be more agro than it is worth).

I'm doing this same swap now. I have an USDM Evo 8 ECU going into an Evo 6 TME RS2. If you flash the 8 ECU with a 7 ROM, will the fan signals still be on pins 31,32 as the 8 pinout calls for, or does the 7 ROM make the fan signals appear on 32,34 like in the 7 pinout.

Thanks,
Gobbles

vikingboy
28-06-2008, 22:14
great amount of info here, thank you!

OOC - des anyone have any pin diagrams regarding the heater blower switch (B-07) in the Evo 6 RS. (B07 is ref from curcuit diagrams in Evo6 tech manual, page C-65). The plug isnt in the GSR and Im trying to convert my GSR to RS setup.

Thinking it might be easier to just buy a RS dash loom if I could find one!

tia
Ian

nitz
01-01-2009, 15:57
happy new year...
i got done with my usdm 8 swap into a 6. however, i noticed that even as coolant temps got to 183F the radiator fan did not cut in. it was only when i put the ac on did it turn on. i'm not sure at what temperature the fan is supposed to cut in, but i removed wires 20 and 21 and joined them to 32 and 34 respectively as documented at various sources. is this the expected behaviour or did i get this backwards? i'm using a patch harness so 20 and 21 were removed on the ecu side of the patch harness joined to 32 and 34 on the ecu side.

grayw
01-01-2009, 16:05
The USDM has different ECU wiring, you may want to read this (http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3489).

happy new year...
i got done with my usdm 8 swap into a 6. however, i noticed that even as coolant temps got to 183F the radiator fan did not cut in. it was only when i put the ac on did it turn on. i'm not sure at what temperature the fan is supposed to cut in, but i removed wires 20 and 21 and joined them to 32 and 34 respectively as documented at various sources. is this the expected behaviour or did i get this backwards? i'm using a patch harness so 20 and 21 were removed on the ecu side of the patch harness joined to 32 and 34 on the ecu side.

nitz
01-01-2009, 16:08
yep, thats what i read. if you work your way further into the thread it is stated that 31 is mis-documented and is not needed so it ends up outlining what i did. this is also echoed here http://www.limitless.co.nz/EvoScan/roms/www.evoscan.org_Mitsubishi_Evo_ECU_Pinouts.xls

todd-w
01-01-2009, 16:21
you need to swap pins 32 and 34

grayw
01-01-2009, 16:23
Saying that, 183F is only around 83c, so the fan may not even come on then.

nitz
01-01-2009, 16:40
you need to swap pins 32 and 34

damn.. no mention of this on the openecu thread i followed. so i am to swap pins 32 and 34. after swapping then join 20 to what is now 32 and 21 to what is now 34. hope i didnt fry anything..hehe

todd-w
01-01-2009, 17:03
thats the job

mko
21-06-2009, 17:28
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/okm12346/EVO3GSRECUcolorpinouts.jpg


Sorry to rivive the thread, but I have a couple of questions.

Im about to swap EVO 3 ECU in my car. All pins match except the usual wastegate and fuel pressure solenoids.If someone has dealt with it please share: what are pins 54 and 57; Also what kind of O2 sensor /pin 56/ does it use - 1 wire O2 sensor, or the 4 wire sensor. In this matter, I dont see O2 sensor heater pins. Also, pin 6 is Secondary Air Solenoid - what does that mean? ON my ECU pinout pin 6 is the EGR - is it the same?

muldis
26-06-2009, 17:08
is evo 6 and evo 6 tme (6.5) ecus (pins) the same? hasnt evo 6 tme (6.5) got some AYC in pin as evo 7/8/9, becouse it also has AYC in rear?

grayw
26-06-2009, 19:17
The VI and VI TME are the same pin outs.

seankhan
29-06-2009, 06:44
Guys can u give me the pinouts of Evo-VII GT-A. I need it for installing the boost controller.

seankhan
29-06-2009, 09:10
Please Please Please....i need the pin outs...some one please help....please...

muldis
13-07-2009, 07:50
can someone pls help with evo 6 (tme) LHD electrical wiring and circuit diagrams? :)

cbgto
10-08-2009, 21:23
Hi trying to fit boost controller but taken out ecu plugs 12 and 25 yellow and red wires but they should be sw power but with ignition on can't get no readings ,getting 12 volts out of the air con / fan wire . Is this possible mutimeter say 2 volts witn ign on or off , plz help

cbgto
10-08-2009, 21:33
cbgto
CBGTO
*
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Stoke
Car: mitsubishi evo 6 extreme

Posts: 13

Hi trying to fit boost controller but taken out ecu plugs 12 and 25 yellow and red wires but they should be sw power but with ignition on can't get no readings ,getting 12 volts out of the air con / fan wire . Is this possible mutimeter say 2 volts witn ign on or off , plz help

grayw
11-08-2009, 05:59
cbgto
CBGTO
*
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Stoke
Car: mitsubishi evo 6 extreme

Posts: 13

Hi trying to fit boost controller but taken out ecu plugs 12 and 25 yellow and red wires but they should be sw power but with ignition on can't get no readings ,getting 12 volts out of the air con / fan wire . Is this possible mutimeter say 2 volts witn ign on or off , plz help

Pin 25 and 26 should be fine for powering a boost controller.

KelvinIV
15-12-2009, 07:39
Can anyone tell me if pin 91 for Evo 6 ecu is required and if so what does it do?

cbgto
27-12-2009, 18:02
Can anyone tell me if pin 91 for Evo 6 ecu is required and if so what does it do?

Pin 91 is ground matey

RC Power
05-08-2010, 20:30
Which number from an Evo 6 ECU is the O2 signal (for installing an Apexi turbo timer)?

evonut270
05-08-2010, 21:19
Which number from an Evo 6 ECU is the O2 signal (for installing an Apexi turbo timer)?pin 76 white wire

RC Power
06-08-2010, 17:27
Thank you very much.

burnzy
07-02-2011, 04:34
has anyone hooked up an led to the 5/6's which mimicks the ICS light flashing for switched maps on the later models? I tried hooking up an led to pin 35 (ic spray w/l) and it doesn't light up?

AndyF_RSX
07-02-2011, 06:25
To get a light to flash when on switched maps then you would need to modify the ECU code so it's not as simple as just wiring up a light.

Andy

burnzy
08-02-2011, 03:07
i understand that, I have tephramods with an evo 7 ecu though which has the function to flash the ICS light on upon map switch.

jameswwt
15-04-2012, 17:05
Hi,
ive some question as ive an Evo 6 ecu and on the 6 wire diagram the pin 75 is stated N/C.
My question is :
1) Do i still connect my Uego WB white wire analog output onto pin 75?
2) Hope you do kind to share some steps on how to do it in your way...

jameswwt
16-04-2012, 05:47
Hi,
ive some question as ive an Evo 6 ecu and on the 6 wire diagram the pin 75 is stated N/C.
My question is :
1) Do i still connect my Uego WB white wire analog output onto pin 75?
2) Hope you do kind to share some steps on how to do it in your way...

Hi anyone mind to share?

rstoevo
30-09-2012, 06:21
i am sorry for bothering you.

do u think u can help me out in wiring my ecu evo6 to my 97 eclipse obd2.

its my first time doing some think like this.

i am a scared in missing something up or frying my ecu.

i am doing a evo6 swap in a 97 rs eclipse.

or can u tell me where i can go to learn more about this.

i would like to be able to flash and tune my ecu.

is the evo6 able to be flash like the evo8 ecu, or do i have to get a evo8 ecu

to wire into my obd2.

here are some pic of my swap

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657756...ubishi-eclipse





ECU and harness come from? I assume it's a four plug ECU

Connections, from Evo 8 260 (EU spec)

OBDII
1 > ECU 56 LG colour - Also to other "black boxes"!
4 > Ground B
5 > Ground B
7 > ECU 62 O
16 > !2V G - R

DIAGNOSIS
26 > ECU 79 G - W
I guess this is a write enable wire, or similar

HTH

Grant[/QUOTE]