Extreme Motorsport in Whitburn [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Extreme Motorsport in Whitburn

scubaladdie
07-06-2006, 11:40
Took my Evo VI there last week for a few goodies, was well impressed.Very friendly and knowledgeable,good price and they kept me informed of what was going on the whole time my car was in.will definitely take my car there again.Only 1 problem now,I've got the modding bug and want more power!! Poverty here I come :D

1800t-GSR
07-06-2006, 12:19
Hear hear. The boys are getting a good reputation on here. I'll deffinetly be back there again and most of my friends that I've recommended them to have said the same. Keep up the good work John and George :coolsm:

evo_carlo
08-06-2006, 10:02
Just what i wanted to hear im going to phone right now & book my 6 in to have an apexi boost controller & big end bolts fitted :D
i spoke to john at extreme yesterday sounded like a genuine bloke :coolsm:

AndyF_RSX
08-06-2006, 10:13
Why are you doing the big end bolts?

Andy

evo_carlo
08-06-2006, 10:19
Just to be safe mainly peace of mind

AndyF_RSX
08-06-2006, 10:24
You do know that there is a school of thought that says you can only change them 100% properly by removing the engine from the car?

Andy

evo_carlo
08-06-2006, 10:30
Didnt know that andy my mate & his mate has had them done (not by extreme motorsport someone locally) & had no probs ive got the ralliart ecu just now but next year i may go for a mappable system so if theyre done now it will be one less thing to do....

AndyF_RSX
08-06-2006, 10:36
Are you planning on increasing the rev limit?
The reason is that the maximum stretch on the bolts is at the end of the exhaust stroke and the amount of stretch will only be increased by increasing the speed of the crank i.e. upping the rev limit.

If you think about it when you're pushing down on the piston during the power stroke then the bolts/rods are in compression and not being stretched at all so IMO, uprated ones aren't needed.

Andy

Edited to add: If you have a spare hour or so have a read of The Conrod Bolt thread (https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?threadid=44249&highlight=rod+bolts+engine+remove) for lots of info and differing opinions :lol:

evo_carlo
08-06-2006, 10:58
Not sure andy if i am increesing the rev limit i was under the impression it was a must do if you were being sore on these cars
and squeezing more power out of a standard internald engine..i will look into it tho :D

stevov
08-06-2006, 11:39
would tend to agree with andy on the rod bolts.if your doing a rebuild down the line buy them along with your uprated rods and forged pistons.far better asking john and george to show you all the whiteline suspension goodies available for your car which when installed will have real and immediate effect on your cars abilities.and while your there get them todo your geometry.better than any 40bhp increase.how did you get on with the boost controller.

evo_carlo
08-06-2006, 14:14
I never got far with the boost controller fitted it & it was still boosting crazy turned out the actuator was burst :(
Orderd a new one fitted it & the boost was all over the place the boost controller solenoid was knackerd so i put the original pipe work back on the car n its seeing 1.4 holding 1.1 which is crap its i tried putting a .8mm welding tip in & it was boosting too high so in the end i gave up & phoned extreeme & booked in aive had enough lol :blah: so its going up to them next sat to get the apexi fitted :coolsm: wish it was this week i was going but im working.....

interbishi
08-06-2006, 18:03
hi

if you have a ralliart ecu the rev limit is 7700 i think standard ecu is 7200 but i have used a ralliart for 2 years at 1.45 bar and no probs

richard

evo_carlo
09-06-2006, 07:36
Think once the controller is fitted i will be wanting it to run 1.4 as well :coolsm: