Torque of Keighley [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Torque of Keighley

FNG_EVO
04-05-2006, 05:49
Has anyone been and had a look round Torque of keighley and are their cars any good?.

Are they anything to do with Keighley Car Trade centre, who as we all know dont always have the most tidy cars in stock? :rolleyes:

http://www.torqueofkeighley.co.uk/

was going to pop up at the weekend to have a butchers as i'm looking for a car to replace my diesel run-around and fancied somthing a bit more fun to drive! :D

thanks
chris

Traction Man
04-05-2006, 10:28
My bet is it's the same people. Looking at the interior shots of some of the cars, they look as ropey as hell! :blah:
Why have so many got the gearknobs missing? :confused:

FNG_EVO
04-05-2006, 11:24
Why have so many got the gearknobs missing?

I had noticed that as well, seems a bit odd!

Torque 2 much
04-05-2006, 11:56
ASKING THEM WOULD HAVE BEEN THE RIGHTWAY,NOT MAKING YOUR MIND,THEY ARE MISSING BECAUSE PEOPLE BROWSING SEEM TO THINK THEY CAN JUST TAKE THEM,AND WE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH TRADE CENTRE

FNG_EVO
04-05-2006, 12:07
Ok, sorry no need to take offence, i was just asking to get some back ground info before i made the trip up....

so i take it you work there then?

Torque 2 much
04-05-2006, 12:31
Yes i do work there, i am the owner of the company. :D

Traction Man
04-05-2006, 14:03
Originally posted by Torque 2 much
ASKING THEM WOULD HAVE BEEN THE RIGHTWAY,NOT MAKING YOUR MIND,THEY ARE MISSING BECAUSE PEOPLE BROWSING SEEM TO THINK THEY CAN JUST TAKE THEM,AND WE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH TRADE CENTRE

Heh, calm down, guess I was wrong.... ;)

Buy a vacuum cleaner and a duster. :p ;)

Joking apart, a pic like the one below hardly sells a car, not to me anyway.

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=310152231

Torque 2 much
04-05-2006, 14:11
The car is ready now, the gearnobs get niked from the docks. the car are fully valeted when they leave the pitch. they are spotless then.

blossom
06-10-2006, 18:48
I recently visited Torque to see their stock. I was extremely disappointed. After speaking to them on the phone and making it very clear I was looking for a car in excellent condition, they assured me they had plenty of cars of this standard for me to view.

When I finally got there (6 hour round trip) I was amazed to see the poor quality of most of (if not all) the cars! I just don't see the point in spending time and money importing such poor examples, and then selling them for such high prices!

The thing that made it so bad is that they were not priced accordingly. I mean its fair enough if someone couldn't afford to buy a top example of a car, and wanted one to maybe neaten up themselves.

In short, why not be honest about the cars they have in stock, thats if they really have to import such rubbish in the first place.

Also, don't get me started on the customer service!

It was honestly more like a Jap import scrap yard!

All this is based on the exterior of the vehicles, only time will tell if the reliability of them is the same.

If you think Keighley are bad, you will think the same of Torque!

If this starts and argument, I will not be replying as this is purely a post to let you all know my experience. Just take note of this, or don't, its your choice.

BE WARNED

Just go to Car Planet!

Athers
06-10-2006, 19:05
Originally posted by blossom

Just go to Car Planet!

:eek: Really? I wouldn't go again

blossom
06-10-2006, 19:08
Really?

I would. :)

BackinBlack
06-10-2006, 22:13
Car Planet!

No way. Made a 5 hour round trip to there to see a car that they totally mis-described. It was nowhere near the 'excellent condition' they stated and there were several others like it.

That said they were fair about returning my deposit etc and some of the younger cars they had looked good.

Just my thoughts. Have had similar experiences with a lot of dealers so it's not exactly uncommon.

;)

davewilkins
07-10-2006, 07:41
So that is three places that have been dissed because they have mis-described their stock.
Why don't you buy private from owners with a history on the forums that you can check up on :confused:

NEAKY
15-12-2006, 23:53
Are there any good dealers selling evos or what because all the ones i have seen get slagged off on here and i trust what is said on here due to them being enthusiasts

Wombat
16-12-2006, 00:03
Originally posted by NEAKY
Are there any good dealers selling evos or what because all the ones i have seen get slagged off on here and i trust what is said on here due to them being enthusiasts #

why don't you buy off here. Most owners are enthusiasts and most post about what they do in their cars so you have the best possible coverage of history. Just be patient.

gaz007
16-12-2006, 00:41
Originally posted by NEAKY
Are there any good dealers selling evos or what because all the ones i have seen get slagged off on here and i trust what is said on here due to them being enthusiasts A LOT OF CRAP GETS TALKED ON HERE .

Torque 2 much
16-12-2006, 08:12
Originally posted by gaz007
A LOT OF CRAP GETS TALKED ON HERE .
TOTALLY AGREE :) :) :)

NEAKY
16-12-2006, 08:51
The thing is that i either find a dealer that will partex my seat altea or sell it private and free up the cash to buy private off one of you lot on here,the first option is easier but the second makes more sense,what does anyone else reckon

Wombat
16-12-2006, 11:07
second :D

evo 55
16-12-2006, 11:52
I bought my car from car planet and found them very helpful and knew what they were talking about
gave me good price on my px too(evo5) ;)
Best person to talk to there is Max

zero260
16-12-2006, 15:30
I to have had excellent service from Car planet ltd :) . What alot of other import companies seem to be forgeting is the presentation of whats on their forecourt. If they can't be bothered to take the time out to make the pitch look good, it makes you wonder what else they can't be bothered with. :rolleyes:

Barrie
16-12-2006, 16:31
When our cars come in from japan - they get a quick valet and thats it !, until they are deposited .We have a lot of customers who prefer to view them as they have come in ! If they have been totally tarted up , then they think your hiding something - hard to please everyone to be honest - but we dont do a bad job !! :D

We then Fully prep them /register them/do speedo conversion/delimit /fog light /service /and anything else that is requied

This is just how we work :)

Barrie

zero260
16-12-2006, 19:44
Originally posted by barrie
When our cars come in from japan - they get a quick valet and thats it !, until they are deposited .We have a lot of customers who prefer to view them as they have come in ! If they have been totally tarted up , then they think your hiding something - hard to please everyone to be honest - but we dont do a bad job !! :D

We then Fully prep them /register them/do speedo conversion/delimit /fog light /service /and anything else that is requied

This is just how we work :)

Barrie

The thing is though your company bring's good examples in from the start (love that skyline in black), what I am saying is that there are some companies that don't and you would expect them to clean them up to a certain degree.
I to use to be in the car trade and when a vehicle came in, it to use to get a quick valet and put straight out onto the pitch.

But if one came in a bit tatty looking it would of had a bit of attention so it came upto a certain standard, I didn't want the general public thinking the wrong things like obviously some car dealers are going through at the mo. ;)

cue
21-03-2007, 00:15
i think you boys got it all wrong, Torque are different to trade centre. They sell good quality cars. i have bought an sti3 2door coupe off them and my missy MX3 they were both in mint condition and i got a good deal. ...it is obvoius and true to say that if you want a mint car then you will have to pay mint money. ...but anyway i have not had any problems as i have recommended them to many of my friends and family, and they find the 'torque boys' very nice and a good ran business. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO OTHERS> CHEERS .... :D :cool: