Another WRC 260 Ecutek [Archive] - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Another WRC 260 Ecutek

neilb
22-04-2006, 11:12
Hi went yesterday to WRC for a Ecutek, after reading all positive feedback from MLR members about how good they are i have to agree.
My 260 went there with Blitz nur spec,decat and magnex downpipe and made 291BHP/266 lb-ft, Half hour later was
329BHP/330lb-ft.
Car doesnt feel that much more powerful but definatey pulls a lot smoother through revs.
Also got the CEL fix done while there.I am altogether pleased with service but a little bit dissapointed not to have made a bit more power.http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/neilbee/DSC00029.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/neilbee/DSC00028.jpg

Gingerpimp
22-04-2006, 11:22
...oh come-on! it's a 260, you've now got 330 :D and all but a few bolt-on parts and a jiggle of zero's & one's... gotta start somewhere and there is a lot more to go ;) hope you njoy it all in all [260's :headbang2 ]

johnnystorm
22-04-2006, 11:27
Like the man says for an exhaust change and some laptop fiddling (apologies to remappers for that description) yu've got the sort of power that was really something special not so log ago!

Just be pleased you haven't got an N/A car! Exhaust (320), Decat (50) and ITG Panel (40) on my Elise got me a whopping maximum of 10 bhp (assuming my car was 118bhp and not the 125 most stock ones seem to put out) and any more would mean cracking it open or new cams and ECU costing about the same as all your mods combined!

Captain Carling
22-04-2006, 11:48
You would of thought that 60 odd lb-ft would be very noticable really though wouldnt you. They aint fiddlin with the roller readout are they :confused:

uktrucks
22-04-2006, 14:58
Originally posted by Captain Carling
You would of thought that 60 odd lb-ft would be very noticable really though wouldnt you. They aint fiddlin with the roller readout are they :confused:

Too angry to actually post anything of any value to such a stupid post.

Please think carefully before make such ludicrous accusations in future.

Allan

BillyT
23-04-2006, 00:18

w.......ker ;)

Captain Carling
23-04-2006, 01:16
:D talk about chuff chuff. I was refering more to the fact that the guy cant really tell much difference. How do you explain that one. Im only asking ;)

Captain Carling
23-04-2006, 01:22
Anyway, i had better keep my gob shut because ill be coming down there soon to have mine done if im still welcome :cry:

neilb
23-04-2006, 06:38
Bloody hell i didn't want to start any arguments, Right now i have more time i can write the full story, I went to WRC fri am it was about a 130 mile trip there in mostly ****ing down rain, When i got off M1 and to the first roundabout all the AYC lights came on this is third time this has happened in about as many months, First times was after jet washing under car and the wheels, Then this time after driving in heavy rain for 100 miles,
So after having car mapped and on the way home all lights still on so couldn't or should i say darn't really give the car much hard use. Also M1 most of way back to yorks was a 40mph crawl.
So what i'm saying is the car had not been driven in a manner to get the feel of the extra power,only straight line thrash which did not feel massively more powerful but did pull harder and much smoother through the revs.
Now sat p.m got the car out and drive to nearest roundabout to try if AYC light all come on, Thank god whatevers getting water in and causing problem has dried out, So no lights on and with brand new( thursday) set of ix GT wheels and AO46 Yoko's and another 40BHP I drove the car properly and yes the smile on my face was a lot bigger :D
Please don't accuse anyone of fiddling the graphs WRC are a well respected company and did a cracking job.
Bit dissapointed though i heard great things about the tea and they'd run out :cry:

To get to 330 bhp for about 1800 on a 19999 motor is brilliant and the 260 doesn't deserve the slating and **** taking it sometimes gets.

P.S Can anyone shed any light on why i'm getting all 3 AYC lights on when car is getting wet underneath.

Sim_Evo
23-04-2006, 10:36
Neil i have very similar mods to you courtesy of WRC :cool:

Mine made 331/306 so yours sounds spot on, i'd be well happy if i were u mate :)

Tesh
23-04-2006, 11:27
When my car was first mapped by WRC back in July 2005, it was said by certain people to be impossible to achieve the quoted figures.

But I suppose my recent 30-130 figures at Brunters proved they don't fabricate their figures :D

By the way my car was the fastest standard engine, standard turbo car of the day with 14.99 seconds :D

Tesh

Captain Carling
23-04-2006, 14:33
All im bothered about really is that its value for money at 550 odd quid. I have read i couple of times that people have had it done and not really noticed much difference and then it seems like they convince themselves the car is quicker, maybe to justify the money spent to the missus :) . When i first bought my cosworth it was standard and to then upgrade it, to what was known as a 270 stage 1 (more likely around 250ish), was a massive difference and then on to a 330 which again was a massive difference and on to over 400. My point being, every 40-50bhp atf was immediately noticable and took some getting used to so why are you not feeling it straight away, even if you are in a little traffic etc.
Im not trying to be funny people i just like to know everyones thoughts including the people with the laptops :)

jameswrx
23-04-2006, 14:47
P.S Can anyone shed any light on why i'm getting all 3 AYC lights on when car is getting wet underneath

sounds like one of the wheels sensors is shafted.

Maybe you should re-phrase your first comment from

I am altogether pleased with service but a little bit dissapointed not to have made a bit more power

to

I am altogether pleased with service but a little bit dissapointed not to have had a decent clear run home where I could exploit the new power

:D

Oli
23-04-2006, 16:58
Nice numbers... Tq levels are good for the mods you have :D

Because the rev range is so much smoother you won't feel the extra power in 1st and 2nd. Floor it through 4th or 5th and you can really feel the extra power.

I also shaved 0.7 sec off my 1/4 and gained 10mph+.

Why do people always try and cause problems when WRC Tech tune a car?

Sim_Evo
23-04-2006, 17:21
Why do people always try and cause problems when WRC Tech tune a car?

Who knows but it's easy to slate companies safely sat behind their pc :rolleyes:

neilb
23-04-2006, 18:58
Originally posted by Sim_Evo
Neil i have very similar mods to you courtesy of WRC :cool:

Mine made 331/306 so yours sounds spot on, i'd be well happy if i were u mate :)

Simon beleive me i'm happy, To be honest i have read a lot of your posts about your motor and i think it's set a benchmark with the 260's. They are a brilliant car for the money and i am happy with what i got.

And jameswrx your deffo right i should think more before i post :)

Please ignore me if i seem like a miserable git ;)

Captain Carling
23-04-2006, 18:59
So does that mean you two are happy with your power increases then, I mean value for money like

neilb
23-04-2006, 19:02
Captain i is a happy ****er :)

But i have had eight pints :D

Captain Carling
23-04-2006, 19:04
The thing is mate, on here, its sometimes difficult to express what you mean and i think both of us have been taken the wrong way :)

neilb
23-04-2006, 19:08
Captain m8 your right, no hard feelings lifes too short, beleive me i am happy with what i got

Oli
23-04-2006, 19:59
So does that mean you two are happy with your power increases then, I mean value for money like

A 260 with a little magic from WRC is great value for money. Here's my little spending list.

Evo VIII 260 - 19995
Power Mods - 895
FQ Spoiler - 500

For that i have a 343/324 Evo without the little spoiler. It's a bargain IMO

https://www.lancerregister.com/car_register/images/18466.jpg

neilb
23-04-2006, 20:24
Nice Oli,Very nice :coolsm:

Oli
23-04-2006, 21:08
Originally posted by neilb
Nice Oli,Very nice :coolsm:

Cheers. The boost drops off a bit around 3.5k which is why the tq is a bit lower there. A boost controller might be on the shopping list soon :D

Sim_Evo
24-04-2006, 14:22
Simon beleive me i'm happy, To be honest i have read a lot of your posts about your motor and i think it's set a benchmark with the 260's.

:confused: think u must mean Scoops or Danny Burns 260 mate, think i've maybe had mine the longest on here but mines far from benchmark setting.

For 1100 i have an extra 78bhp at the fly so yes very happy :)
253 :utahere: 331

Oli
24-04-2006, 17:01
There are a few 350bhp+ 260's on here. The MR is the better car but for the money i have saved i'm happy. Plus i couldn't afford an MR when I bought my 260.

Captain Carling
24-04-2006, 19:10
Cheers lads thats built my confidence back up. I was just beginning to think it was a lot of money for people to say they aint noticed much but i would of known the lower gears werent where its at and tbh im not unhappy with the 0-60 its more above a ton what im looking for so im sorry to wrc tech and anyone i offended with my stupid comment and ill look forward to getting mine done with ya ;)

Northy 8
24-04-2006, 21:15
Mine is running at 372 bhp, but has cost considerably more money, next mods coming up

Oli
24-04-2006, 21:35
Cheers lads thats built my confidence back up. I was just beginning to think it was a lot of money for people to say they aint noticed much but i would of known the lower gears werent where its at and tbh im not unhappy with the 0-60 its more above a ton what im looking for so im sorry to wrc tech and anyone i offended with my stupid comment and ill look forward to getting mine done with ya ;)

:D It's been proved with 1/4 times and so on. The car is heaver which would slow the 0 - 60 a little over other models, but not by much.

Since the remap 5th gear pulls better until 115mph and then there seems to be a massive increase in power upwards.