Lancer Register Forum banner

Noise Condenser

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Raccoon 
#1 · (Edited)
On this occasion Google wasn't my friend.

What is the purpose of this little capacitor?:confused:
I understand what capacitors do and how they are utilised in DC circuits, but what system is this particular one used with, injector/ignition/fueling?

Can be found in bolted to the cam gear cover.

I've never noticed this before on an Evo (probably because they're hidden?)

[EDIT] I've noticed there should be two fitted in the engine compartment, one either side of the engine. One of mine is missing and I can see the connector where it should fit. Is it important enough to warrant a replacement?

Regards
Will

See less See more
#4 ·
Their purpose is to reduce /eliminate any unwanted high voltage spikes that may or may not be generated and thus reduce or stop:smthumbup potential damage that may or may not be caused by high voltage spikes.
You probably dont need them untill something gets blown ( and that something will be electronic).... best keep them there.

#6 ·
It is a smoothing system to prevent transmitted RF signals from the ignition coils.

All road cars and bikes have to meet a set limit of radiated emisions from electrical components.

Can you remember back in the day when you had a TV aerial and a moped drove past, it could cause the signal to distort? That was because there was no filtering on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.