Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Non-Lancer Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 06:51   #151
Tony
I'm Spartacus
 
Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: You call it Earth
Car: Yogic Flying
My Car
Posts: 8,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza1980 View Post
Ding dong the Witch is Dead !!!! I couldnt give a rat ass what you guys say. Im from Barnsley and coal mining was what everyone did round here. Everyone in the villages around our areas were put out of a job because of that Witch. I lived smack in the middle of where all the pits was. Goldthorpe Pit, Manvers Pit, Houghton pit, Hicky Pit, Barnsley main, low valley pit Grimethorpe Pit. These were all within 10 mile radius of each other. and all the villages are classed as Pit villages and still are now without a pit. Everyone in these villages had someone working down the pit. I myself had both grandparents, 3 uncles that worked down the pit and my father worked in the glass works which was also shut down by that witch. Everyone was effected around these parts because of her and everyone has been partying round here. GOOD RIDDANCE is what i say!!!!
I can empathise with you as my grandad and generations before him were Welsh miners

.
__________________
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ... Now accepting Bitcoin

>>check out our music.......CODE 10<<
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:21   #152
New Reg
Disintegrator
 
New Reg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Braintree, Essex
Car: Nissan GTR R35 Black Edition
My Car
Posts: 3,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
I'd just like to state that I'm not into people acting the way that they have done.
I did not think you would be Tony - to be honest anyone with any degree of civility or dignity would not be acting that way. When Tony Blair kicks the bucket I certainly won't be shedding any tears but I will not be prancing about the street, pi**ed up and acting like pillock either.

Having endured a few days of whinging miners and their associates, I am pretty convinced that this has as much to do with a Tory vs Labour, North vs South, Us and Them mentality as it does with anything else. Going back to Tony Blair, will those same people be out celebrating when he dies, considering the extent of his crimes which make Maggie's look small by comparison? I mean this is the guy that went to war illegally at the behest of Bush, sending British troops to kill and be killed and the end result is hundreds of Britsh troops dead and tens of thousands Iraqi's dead. Surely if Maggie's death is something to celebrate, then Blair's should warrant a national holiday? But no, that won't be the case - because he represents the red corner. And Maggie's biggest crime is that she represents the blue corner.

Interestingly I watched Channel 4 news last night and it featured a chap in one of the mining villages who had set up his own successful estate agents and seemed to be doing OK out of it - he basically rubbished the idea that it was a financial wasteland up there and that there were opportunities if you get of you arse and TRY. I guess for some people it is simply easier to sit on their sorry arse's blaming their misfortunes on something Thatcher did 30 years ago. It seems that the foundations are in place for the next generation to continue doing the same - as I said in an earlier post they will still be doing it in 100 years time. I could not have any less respect for these people if I tried.

Interesting article for those that can be bothered to open their eyes:

http://www.thecommentator.com/articl..._and_daughters
__________________
Feeling the warm thrill of confusion

Last edited by New Reg; 10-04-2013 at 09:23..
New Reg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to New Reg For This Useful Post:
Barry P. (11-04-2013), Carina (12-04-2013)
Old 10-04-2013, 09:00   #153
DarkFlare
Senior User
 
DarkFlare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
My Car
Posts: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza1980 View Post
Ding dong the Witch is Dead !!!! I couldnt give a rat ass what you guys say. Im from Barnsley and coal mining was what everyone did round here. Everyone in the villages around our areas were put out of a job because of that Witch. I lived smack in the middle of where all the pits was. Goldthorpe Pit, Manvers Pit, Houghton pit, Hicky Pit, Barnsley main, low valley pit Grimethorpe Pit. These were all within 10 mile radius of each other. and all the villages are classed as Pit villages and still are now without a pit. Everyone in these villages had someone working down the pit. I myself had both grandparents, 3 uncles that worked down the pit and my father worked in the glass works which was also shut down by that witch. Everyone was effected around these parts because of her and everyone has been partying round here. GOOD RIDDANCE is what i say!!!!
You know the coal mines were non-viable right? It was cheaper to import from a lot of other countries.
Coal mining was already dead, Thatcher just killed it off sharply. Yes she should have had a better plan in place for finding jobs for those involved, but it's not her fault that coal mining was in the ****ter.
DarkFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkFlare For This Useful Post:
Carina (12-04-2013)
Old 10-04-2013, 09:10   #154
Beemer_Deano
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Yorkshire man, born 'n bred, strong in't arm un thick in't 'ead.
Car: Standardish Evo IV. I'd say it's blue, but according to our lass it's Barney Purple?
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Yeah it's shocking that you could buy coal cheaper from Spain at the time, drat that must have been thatcher's fault too..

Actually I know one country that has been massively successful at closing all it's borders to everyone and they have never looked back since - fine place called North Korea and obvious... oh wait a sec.
In fairness, the only reason we could buy coal from Spain cheaper than we could produce it was that, like us and most of Western Europe, Spain subsidised coal production. What "we" decided to do was stop subsidising our own industry and take advantage of lower prices from the countries that continued to. So of course it's easy to say that it was cheaper to buy it abroad, but the cost of us killing that industry was much more than the difference in £/tonne.

Spain's miners are now going through exactly the same pains as ours did back in the mid eighties, for exactly the same reasons.

I appreciated there likely wasn't a long term future for the UK coal industry, what I really objected to at the time was how quickly "we" pulled the plug - it should have been wound down gradually but the government were clearly determined to kill it off ASAP. I'm not a huge fan of Arthur Scargill, but still he pegged that from the very beginning, long before the government showed their hand.

Deano
Beemer_Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beemer_Deano For This Useful Post:
Cam&LadyL (10-04-2013), TangoDeltaSierra3 (13-04-2013)
Old 10-04-2013, 11:19   #155
K
gary nevile pure incest
 
K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: a man of kent
Car: EVO 7 RS S-P-R-I-N-T->
My Car
Posts: 26,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer_Deano View Post
In fairness, the only reason we could buy coal from Spain cheaper than we could produce it was that, like us and most of Western Europe, Spain subsidised coal production. What "we" decided to do was stop subsidising our own industry and take advantage of lower prices from the countries that continued to. So of course it's easy to say that it was cheaper to buy it abroad, but the cost of us killing that industry was much more than the difference in £/tonne.

Spain's miners are now going through exactly the same pains as ours did back in the mid eighties, for exactly the same reasons.

I appreciated there likely wasn't a long term future for the UK coal industry, what I really objected to at the time was how quickly "we" pulled the plug - it should have been wound down gradually but the government were clearly determined to kill it off ASAP. I'm not a huge fan of Arthur Scargill, but still he pegged that from the very beginning, long before the government showed their hand.

Deano
Wow Wow Wow you're not acyually allowed to tell the truth!
__________________
The north and the south of England hate each other, the Scottish hate the English, the Welsh hate the English, the English hate everyone, and everyone hates the Welsh.
K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:23   #156
wolfy
Senior User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: LANCS
My Car
Posts: 6,658
Margaret Thatcher.
1925-2013
The Iron Lady
May she rust in peace.
__________________
One day you're the dog,next day the lampost.

ЯEPUBLIC OF MANCUNIA
wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolfy For This Useful Post:
AshKor (10-04-2013), Carina (12-04-2013), McFall1984 (12-04-2013)
Old 10-04-2013, 20:31   #157
will2
Regional Organiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ask google maps ffs !!
Car: jdm evo 7gsr , forged +full buddyclub exhaust,cams+ ix turbo,silver fastest with carbon ! ......
Posts: 12,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Margaret Thatcher.
1925-2013
The Iron Lady
May she rust in peace.
Such play on words , tut tut
This is distasteful ??? The music from these lads is certainly beyond reproach !!!


__________________
follow me to what end my minions
will2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 20:42   #158
evo_steve
Senior User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Colchester, Essex
Car: Evo 6
My Car
Posts: 344
evo_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evo_steve For This Useful Post:
AshKor (06-05-2013), JD51GNS (11-04-2013)
Old 11-04-2013, 16:47   #159
JD51GNS
Est 1991 / MLR Est 2002
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Covering the UK from East Anglia
Car: DS13GNS - JDZ 1478 - S16N JD - JD51GNS
My Car
Posts: 145
'content removed due to language' cannot be used as an excuse to delete this you tube video,
considering this is an MP in the house of commons!

JD51GNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 17:30   #160
Cam&LadyL
Spoon arms Ltd
 
Cam&LadyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sunny Kent
Car: Black VI by Full Race Thingy-majig
My Car
Posts: 20,606
I agree with a lot of what she says.

I was chatting to my mum about it today and she said the only reason the country was in a good financial state debt wise when Maggie got chucked out of power was because there was no money spent on infrastructure, schools were falling down, there wasn't enough books, pencils etc and people were laying on trolleys in hospital corridors dying. I'm not saying that labour were perfect but they had to spend a lot of money on the things the tories hadn't bothered about ie hospitals and school.
As for the buy your own council house scheme somebody said to me that Labour never repaired the so called damage left by the Tories when they sold off all the council house stock. But I looked into it they weren't able to use the money that came from the selling of housing stock it was ring fenced and used, so by the time Labour came into power there wasn't the money to build as many council houses to meet the need.

Even though this is my view I do agree this country would be better off with someone a little more like Maggie then bloody Cameron waste of space
__________________
Cam-Black LadyL-Pink

Cam&LadyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 17:35   #161
black car
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Car: fq300 evo 8 modified
Posts: 3,821
10 million for the funeral wtf same old story ok for the rich f the rest
__________________
only dragons breath fire
black car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 22:11   #162
Supa-tez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 29
People buying the social housing gave them a reason to look after it. Left to the socialist tu rds, it just rots. Miners, it was all coming to an end anyway - Scargill knew it, Labour and the unions knew it. How the hell can you wind down a colliery without there being people in the firing line? If the unions cared, they would have helped to re-educate and re-skill people instead of pushing them into a battle that couldn't be won. Scargill was always on the pull - he never actually suffered, did he? Free house, silly big pay and a pension that would make a king blush.
Coal that has been subsidised? If you could buy petrol at £1.00/L from a Spanish supplier or at £1.35/L from Esso, you'd never convince me you'd go for the latter because "British jobs". Why the hell would you expect the government to?
If you remember coming home from school and eating your sandwiches in a cold house in the light of candles because the unions were shutting the power stations down or slowing the coal supplies on the rails or just generally running the country into the ground because they could, then you carry right on.
There was no way we could have carried on the way the labour government were allowing us to be taken. Someone had to stop the rot.
RIP Margaret Thatcher. You did what nobody else did - sorted the commies out.
Supa-tez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Supa-tez For This Useful Post:
Black Knight (12-04-2013), Razor (12-04-2013)
Old 12-04-2013, 11:10   #163
Dark_Flyer
Registered User
 
Dark_Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West Lancs
Car: Evo X FQ330
My Car
Posts: 616
She's started already....I've just seen a load of devil's helpers down the job centre
__________________
Dark_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:18   #164
Tony
I'm Spartacus
 
Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: You call it Earth
Car: Yogic Flying
My Car
Posts: 8,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa-tez View Post
People buying the social housing gave them a reason to look after it. Left to the socialist tu rds, it just rots. Miners, it was all coming to an end anyway - Scargill knew it, Labour and the unions knew it. How the hell can you wind down a colliery without there being people in the firing line? If the unions cared, they would have helped to re-educate and re-skill people instead of pushing them into a battle that couldn't be won. Scargill was always on the pull - he never actually suffered, did he? Free house, silly big pay and a pension that would make a king blush.
Coal that has been subsidised? If you could buy petrol at £1.00/L from a Spanish supplier or at £1.35/L from Esso, you'd never convince me you'd go for the latter because "British jobs". Why the hell would you expect the government to?
If you remember coming home from school and eating your sandwiches in a cold house in the light of candles because the unions were shutting the power stations down or slowing the coal supplies on the rails or just generally running the country into the ground because they could, then you carry right on.
There was no way we could have carried on the way the labour government were allowing us to be taken. Someone had to stop the rot.
RIP Margaret Thatcher. You did what nobody else did - sorted the commies out.
Coal was being heavily subsidised (more than UK coal) in other countries making cheaper to buy coal abroad. So your point is moot. Our coal wasn't overly expensive, it wasn't like coal miners were driving around in f()cking Bentley's was it?

As for social housing. Social housing should never, ever have been sold off to people in the private market. Yet another case of the tax payer paying out for private gain = boll0(ks. I do have a private chuckle to myself on sites where I work where people have foolishly bought a council house in a block and then get hammered like the estate I'm working at where owners are getting stung 16k for 6 windows to be painted, a new door and some very superficial concrete repairs

And before you rattle on about how full of awesomeness Maggie was for this country, please re-read my previous posts about her *dodgy* *murderous* friends and debate that.

.
__________________
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ... Now accepting Bitcoin

>>check out our music.......CODE 10<<
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:28   #165
Tony
I'm Spartacus
 
Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: You call it Earth
Car: Yogic Flying
My Car
Posts: 8,238
Game, set and match me thunks...

.
Attached Images
 
__________________
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ... Now accepting Bitcoin

>>check out our music.......CODE 10<<
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.