Lancer Register Forum banner

E5/6 Speed Density

68K views 153 replies 58 participants last post by  sikkgsx 
#1 ·
Thought I would stick a post in here just to let everyone know that we are now working on the SD conversion for the E5/6 ecu :smthumbup

All the info will be posted on this thread on GM
HERE

Those of you who run SD on the E9 will know what I am talking about in how much this changes the way the car drives and will be one of the best conversions for the 5/6 :smthumbup

Cheers
Lee

#9 ·
The main advantages are 3D VE table and no chance of the P0300 code that you get with a 7 ecu.

Plus things like:
Twin maps
Launch Control with Anti-lag
Traction v speed limiter when launching.
Cel on knock
Phantom Knock control.

There is some other stuff but you get the idea

Lee

#27 · (Edited)
Ok little update :)

Here is a video of a stock E5 running on SD, I hope to be testing the full rom Sunday and will then do a full on road test over the next month or so to iron out any little bugs :)

LINK HERE

Thanks to Petteri for all his work.

Lee

#31 ·
We are getting there :)

Is phantom knock something that's ever apparent on E9s with stock clutch and internals?
As Si said, look for something loose, what kind of knock levels are you seeing and at what loads ?

Or was you just asking :lol:

#46 ·
Just a bit of an update :)

Been sorting out the map sensor and have gone with a CNC-Billet-Aluminium cased 3 bar MAP-sensor and a harness that connects to the maf plug and GM IAT.

Pics Below :)

Attachments

#53 ·
The Ceddy Rom that was never finished and when the 1st tests were done the cars had some issues but it now looks like these problems have been resolved.

The rom is based on the 255070100 which is based on the Ralliart rom but when the SD is released it will have a new rom id so people don't get it mixed up, and also the def file will look a bit different as you have seen ;)

#56 · (Edited)
Yep once its all up and fully running the rom and xml will be open source.

Once I have sorted the map sensor is working fine and fit for purpose I will let everyone know where to get them, but price for the 3bar map sensor, GM IAT, patch harness will be under £100 !

I have also sourced a faster reacting IAT sensor as well but these will cost more.

Lee

#59 ·
Yep, all the sensors will be scaled/set up in the ROM, plus a scale to enter in evoscan to log boost.

Then its down to you to build up a VE table but the ROM will have a base VE table to work with, then it all down to mapping, ie injector scales etc

I don't think there is a lot more I can, other than come and map the car for you :crackup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.