Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Events > Regional Meets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 09:34   #1
Gwigga
Senior Abuser

Car: Evo 5, Full Scorpian De-cat exhaust, HKS SSQV, Blitz Air Filter
My Car
Sumo power open day at new daventry hq

Sumo Power – the UK’s No.1 Japanese parts supplier and sponsors of the Time Attack series – are holding an exclusive open day at their brand new facilities in Daventry on Saturday October 6th.

The Open Day will be an opportunity for Japanese performance car enthusiasts to meet the Sumo Power team, check out the new HQ and take advantage of incredible discounts of the best Sumo performance parts from suppliers like HKS, Cosworth, Do-Luck, JS Racing, Damd Styling, Akrapovic, Rays Wheels and more – in an outstandingly good value end of Summer sale, from over £300,000 of top-quality stock.

The Sumo Power Open Day also offers a chance to see some of the UK’s leading Nissan GT-R’s from the GTROC and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolutions from the Mitsubishi Lancer Register. There will also be an opportunity to get up close to the incredible £300,000 JRM Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 car and meticulously prepared Group N Exo X Group N rally cars (British Championship winners) alongside their latest exciting ‘work in progress’ fast road project car – the stripped-out, semi-race-prepared, brand new Toyota GT86.

Additionally, Sumo’s R35 GT-R will be displayed together with the opportunity to purchase the Evo X 400RS demonstrator – presenting a unique opportunity to own a slice of Sumo Power heritage.

Sumo Power have recently re-located their HQ from Rye in Sussex to a brand new, state-of-the-art, 15,000 sq/ft, facility in Daventry – a more central location to develop the brand from, designed to bring all sales activity under one roof. The site includes a huge Sumo Power stock room, hi-tech workshops, inspection room, engine building room, sub assembly, machine shop and customer showroom downstairs. And upstairs is office space including the sales area, purchasing, accounts and engineering rooms. Twenty-five staff are on site, including the sales team – on hand to take Sumo Power orders six days a week and the fabulous www.sumopower.com website is online 24:7:365 – supplying the best Japanese performance parts all over Europe and beyond, with security and efficiency, day and night.

Sumo Power and JRM Group Executive Director, James Rumsey, said: “It’s been a huge effort and investment to get the brand and business re-located, but we are very excited about the future and are really looking forward to showing off the new HQ to our valued customers at our open day. Being in a more central location makes us a lot more accessible to our UK customer base. And the shift of focus from a workshop-based facility to a pure parts supply mail order sales facility enables us to perfectly meet the needs of our enthusiast customer base. We are still Europe’s largest supplier of quality Japanese performance parts and pride ourselves on offering an efficient, informed, slick, one-stop-shop parts supply operation. Customers get the best parts, the best service and the best prices from Sumo Power.”

Mark Dexter, Sumo Power’s Sales Manager added: “The Open Day is a chance for us to showcase the new HQ and offer some really amazing special offers to our customers in the special clearance sale. We are sure the new Toyota GT86 project car and the Evo X RS project cars will attract some real interest too – not to mention the awesome Nissan GT-R GT cars, Evo X Group N rally cars and all the cars from the GTOC and MLR forums. It’s going to be a great meet for Japanese car enthusiasts – and a chance to bag a bargain in our fabulous end of Summer sale.”

The Open Day takes place at Sumo Power’s new HQ at Units 3 & 4 Rutherford Way on the Drayton Fields Industrial Estate in Daventry, Northamptonshire from 9am on Saturday October 6th: A not-to-be-missed event and sale for any Japanese performance car enthusiast

Add you names to the list, plus any extra's who would be coming with you so we can keep an eye on numbers.

1. Gwigga +1
2. Towcestervag +1
4. Palti
5. Wilko54
6. FletchEvoV
7. Rambaldini
8. [email protected] +1

etc

Last edited by Gwigga; 03-10-2012 at 08:06..
Gwigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 15:23   #2
Barry P.
Senior User

Car: Red Evo IX GT, Silver Evo 2 GSR, Radical SR3, Van Diemen Formula Ford,and a big "Datsun".
My Car
Rob,add me and Pat to the list.
Old 07-09-2012, 15:30   #3
Gwigga
Senior Abuser

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry P. View Post
Rob,add me and Pat to the list.
Thanks for getting the ball rolling.. should be a good day
Old 07-09-2012, 16:18   #4
grants
Senior User

Car: A proper Evo (6RS)
Interesting

I know I shouldn’t ask on this thread but I will What has happened to JRM's Rye premises

G

PS typo in the Sumo link in your first post
grants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 16:23   #5
Barry P.
Senior User

Car: Red Evo IX GT, Silver Evo 2 GSR, Radical SR3, Van Diemen Formula Ford,and a big "Datsun".
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by grants View Post
Interesting

I know I shouldn’t ask on this thread but I will What has happened to JRM's Rye premises

G

Aidy set fire to it ?
Old 07-09-2012, 16:40   #6
palti

Car: Blue X FQ360
I'm only down the road so no excuse not to pop in - will servicing be available at these premises?
Old 07-09-2012, 20:12   #7
Gwigga
Senior Abuser

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by palti View Post
I'm only down the road so no excuse not to pop in - will servicing be available at these premises?
not sure matey, will find out on the day, AutoTorque are in Bicester
Old 07-09-2012, 20:13   #8
Gwigga
Senior Abuser

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by grants View Post
PS typo in the Sumo link in your first post
thats them not me, i copied and pasted it from a pdf they sent Darin
Old 07-09-2012, 21:01   #9
Race official
Senior User

Car: Evo 5
Oh no that's a shame would of liked to have come to this but unfortunately I'm at a karate seminar in London all that weekend,
Well done Robin for organising this,

John.
Race official is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:02   #10
Gwigga
Senior Abuser

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race official View Post
Oh no that's a shame would of liked to have come to this but unfortunately I'm at a karate seminar in London all that weekend,
Well done Robin for organising this,

John.

Shame, Thanks Matey :
Old 11-09-2012, 08:52   #11
wilko54
Senior User

Car: evo 8 260 remap,boost controller,fuel pump,down pipe,decat
sounds vary intresting can you put my name down, hopfully i will not be working!
wilko54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:37   #12
Gwigga
Senior Abuser

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilko54 View Post
sounds vary intresting can you put my name down, hopfully i will not be working!
Done
Old 11-09-2012, 14:47   #13
wilko54
Senior User

Car: evo 8 260 remap,boost controller,fuel pump,down pipe,decat
cheers mte
wilko54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 15:17   #14
Gwigga
Senior Abuser

My Car
bttt
Old 13-09-2012, 09:49   #15
SumoPower
Senior User

Thanks dudes...

Just wanted to say big thanks for all your MLR support for our Sumo Power open day, Saturday October 6th folks! We're really excited about it. Chance for you all to get up close and personal with our 400 RS (see separate thread...), meet Cosworth, win some Castle Combe goodies and bag a bargain!
SumoPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: