Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Marketplace > Trader Discussion

Old 10-04-2012, 15:05   #1
matthew1873

Car: Evo IV, standardish.....
My Car
Thanks Stevov@Boanerges

Just want to say a massive thanks to Steve for quite simply a fantastic job on my car.

Here is my story.

My car was on its way down to him in February for a routine full service and a new set of lashes as i thought mine were needing replaced. The tapping top end i had turned out to be a rattling bottom end due to the main bearings being damaged. This has been caused by lack of use and not getting the oil all around the block. This was after i had spent a small fortune on the engine only recently!!!

Anyway there was me stuck at the side of the road miles away from anywhere when i rang Steve to let him know what was happening. He came out of his way to pick me up, after a bit of fault diagnosis and stripping parts out in the cold arranged a flatbed to take it the 20 odd miles to his cracking garage.

He then proceeded to make sure i got home safe and took me the 50 odd mile drive home himself.

I work away in the Falklands so I had to leave Steve with my dead car taking up valuable space in his premises. a new uprated bottom end was sourced and Steve set about putting the car back together.
The car was back again better than ever and for a hell of a lot less than i was expecting, a very happy man indeed.

It wasnt just the engine work that was completed but also a niggling gearbox issue I had thanks to a previous garage who worked for me now sorted and the car is now pin sharp in every way, happy customer is an understatement. The attention to detail puts every single main dealer i have used in the past to shame.

I would strongly recommend anyone who is thinking of using Steve's expertise and knowledge on their car to carry on and do so. He will be soon building me a nice new forged shortblock, I look forward to updating details and pictures in due course.

Keep up the good work fella!

Matthew

Last edited by matthew1873; 10-04-2012 at 15:07..
matthew1873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 17:19   #2
scubaladdie

Car: Evo VI GSR, Compomotives,Teins,Carbon Twin-Plate,HKS Cams 396/400
My Car
His attention to detail is superb
Glad you got your car sorted mate, saw it there when mine was in
scubaladdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:57   #3
stevov
Senior User

Car: EVO 5
My Car
thank you for the kind words mate. i'm glad your car is going well and look forward to seeing you again. cheers scubaladdie i'm glad yours is going well and your mileage has improved.

God bless

steve
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:06   #4
davie-evo4
Regional Organiser

Car: A slow yin
My Car
Nice one Matt,glad its all sorted.

Well done Mr Stevov
davie-evo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 14:00   #5
scubaladdie

Car: Evo VI GSR, Compomotives,Teins,Carbon Twin-Plate,HKS Cams 396/400
My Car
i texted steve this morning to say that since he worked on my car i'm now getting 230 miles to a tank of fuel driving flat-out on country roads. previously i was getting 180 miles on the same route with the same driving style!
scubaladdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: