Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Suspension / Handling

Old 01-03-2012, 19:45   #1
stotty1
User

Car: E8 MR FQ 340
Apex or Tein lowering springs 8 MR

As the title says i cant decide between the Apex or the Tein springs.Can anyone with either of these springs let me know their thoughts in terms of lowering height and handling.

Thanks

Chris
stotty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 20:50   #2
stotty1
User

Car: E8 MR FQ 340
Anyone
stotty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 21:15   #3
HPWJman
Senior User

None on your list. I wouldn't use 'budget' spring kits...

Eibach are the ones I'd use with the Bilsteins if any..

To be honest it'll not be a big noticable improvement over what you have now. I'd save your hard earned bread and put your money into a quality set of coilovers like Ohlins R&T's, or you could have a look into the Bilstein B14/B16 kits for the cheaper option. Do it right first time round or end up buying x2.

HTH a bit
HPWJman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 21:26   #4
4g638

My Car
Using springs with the oem struts, is not wrong. Wrong is to use the inappropriate springs. A stiffer and lower spring will improve handling without sacrifising much.

I would suggest you use springs which give a maximum drop of 1,4 inches and not further than that.

If the car is more used on the track that the road , I would invest on set of bilstein B8 struts and a pair of swift or eibach springs, along with a rear whiteline uprated anti-roll bar.

Otherwise you can go for a coilover system , lots on the market depending on your budget, just remember that you get what you pay for.

Marios
Old 05-03-2012, 10:16   #5
Jellyfish
Senior User

My Car
stotty1, do a search on here as theres a more in depth thread on this subject

The gist of it was to stay with the standard MR billies and use Eibach lowering springs from an Evo 4,5,6.

I have Tein springs/std Billies on my MR and they do lower it nicely but the ride's very stiff (not much more comfort than the Tein Monoflex i had on before to be honest). I tend to scrape the back box a bit now and then too.

Apparently, using Evo 4,5,6 Eibach springs on the MR with the std Billies doesnt lower it quite so much as the Teins but gives a far better ride and no scraping.

cheers

Ian
Jellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: