Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 4.89 average. Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 16:34   #1
Darin
Administrator

Car: Ex-works Lancer Turbo WRC, 'Long Way Round' Shogun and a few bikes
My Car
* * * 30-130 & Top Speed Day: RAF Marham - Saturday 17th March 2012 * * *

Thanks again to RAF Marham's invitation, I’m very pleased to confirm the next 30-130 event will be held on Saturday 17th March 2012.

If you haven't heard of “30-130” before, it's probably the best opportunity for you to understand the REAL performance of your Evo. Taken from a rolling start below 30mph you have approx 1.5miles of Marham's straight ultra smooth tarmac to pass 130mph - and carry on for a top speed run if you wish.

There's no running order so you can run when you want (subject to the queue which we get through as quickly as possible!) The average number of timed runs is approx 5 or 6, but we've seen some drivers do 25+! You’re welcome to do a run without a VBox (or use your own if you have one) to bypass the queue and go straight out, but only data from the MLR's calibrated VBoxes being used on the day will be used in the results.

The current 30-130 record is held by RossW in his Evo6 in a time of 5.84s

Please read ALL the following info carefully, paying particular attention to the Security Clearance requirements further below

Main Event Details:
  • Full 1.5mile runway
  • VBox data recorded for all cars
  • Cars can be corner weighted
  • Limited to a maximum of 60 cars
  • Starts at 9am, finishes at 4pm
  • £99 per car & driver
  • Additional drivers £59
  • Passengers £10
  • Main drivers must be MLR members and have full UK driving licence
  • ALL cars must have a fire extinguisher fitted within reach of the driver
  • ALL drivers and passengers must bring photographic ID on the day to be allowed into the venue (no photo ID = no entry)
  • ALL spectators must come in the same car as the driver booked for the event

Event Timetable:
  • 07:30 - Gates open. (DO NOT stop at the Guard room as before - please go straight through to the first checkpoint. You MUST show your Photo ID on the day)
  • 07:45 - Driver and Passenger Registration / Car number and wristband collection
  • 08:30 - Drivers briefing (mandatory)
  • 09:00 – Sighting lap
  • 09:30 – Event start
  • 12:30 – Lunchbreak
  • 13:00 – Event restart
  • 16:00 – Event close

30-130:
  • We’ll use the full length of the 1.5 mile / 60m wide runway of super smooth tarmac
  • All cars will be fitted with a Racelogic V-Box in order as they appear in front of the MLR control point, which will record your car's performance
  • Cars will run one at a time and must start their run within the designated coned area for that run to count
  • Having completed a “30-130 run” all drivers will be able to go on to complete a top speed run if they want. This is not compulsory but you may not have a better, safer and legal way to find out your car’s top speed
  • The next car will be released when car #1 has passed the halfway mark on the runway
  • You must brake at the braking markers to ensure you don’t overrun the end of the runway and risk damaging the airfield infrastructure (as happened last year!)
  • Once the car has returned to the Paddock and the VBox has been removed, your 30-130 time and Top Speed result (if applicable) will be displayed at the MLR unit as soon as Dave has downloaded the data from your runs

***VERY IMPORTANT: SECURITY CLEARANCE!***

ALL DRIVERS, SPECTATORS & RESERVES MUST HAVE SECURITY CLEARANCE BEFORE BEING ALLOWED ON SITE

I MUST HAVE EVERYONE’S DETAILS BY 29th FEBRUARY 2012 to give the RAF Police enough time to get your security clearance before the day.
IF YOU MISS THIS DEADLINE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND AS YOU WILL NOT GET SECURITY CLEARANCE

I need to record ALL names & details regardless of whether you have been security cleared for previous events, or have clearance to work on this station, are serving RAF personnel etc, so please send me your info asap

Please PM or email me with ALL the following details ASAP for security vetting:
  • Full Name
  • Address
  • Nationality
  • Place of Birth
  • Date of Birth
  • Passport number
  • Car make, model and registration being driven into RAF Marham; ie: the tow car if the vehicle you’re using at the event is being towed

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Corner Weighting:
We will have our corner weights at the event as usual, so if you want to corner weigh your car you can do so anytime during the day. This will be managed the service and direct you onto the ramps and the scales. Readings will be recorded and can be taken with and without the driver

Marshals & Emergency Cover:
The event will be fully marshalled and include Medical and Fire Cover

Helmets:
Helmets must be worn by all occupants- drivers and front seat passengers

Fire Extinguishers:
ALL cars must have a fire extinguisher fitted - preferably in an easy to reach place, eg: in front of the passenger seat. This will be checked on the day and any cars without extinguishers will not be allowed to run

Noise Limit:
Noise from motorsport has now become an issue for RAF Marham. Although it’s understood that running a single car at 30-130 is not the same as running numerous cars together at a trackday, noise monitoring will take place on the day if required but they will be as lenient as possible. We are not allowed unsilenced exhaust systems. The static noise limit is 105dBA (measured at ½ metre, 45 deg, ¾ revs)

Rear Spoilers:
For reasons of safety, cars must retain their rear spoilers and blade, unless fitted with a carbon bootlid or similar which does not allow for a rear spoiler

Vortex Generators and Trim:
Debris of ANY type on the runway is the single biggest concern at RAF Marham. Aftermarket VGs and other trim have a tendency to come off when travelling at over 130mph, so all VGs will need to be taped front and back to ensure they stay on the car. If it’s not done when you come to collect your VBox we will do it for you!

Towing Eyes:
It is your responsibility to have a towing eye or strap fitted and/or accessible on the day in case you need to be recovered. The RAF recovery crew are experienced and will treat your car like their own, but they have to be able to return your car to the paddock, so please make their life as easy as possible whilst also removing the risk of damage to your car

Passengers:
Only front seat passengers are allowed and must be 16 years old or over. There is a small charge of £10 for passengers, but they must complete an indemnity form and wear a wristband

Refreshments:
Food & drink (burgers, bacon rolls, coffee etc) will be managed by the RAF who'll be based in the ’30-130 paddock’

Litter:
It is ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE that no litter or cigarette ends are dropped anywhere other than a bin. Failure to observe this very simple rule seriously jeopardises us being invited back, so please use the bins provided (or your pockets!)

Spectators:
All spectators must come with drivers already booked in as we are only allowed a maximum of 60 cars onsite during the day. You need to be security cleared to be allowed on site, so please send me your details (see above) for Security clearance - and bring PHOTO ID on the day. No Photo ID = No Entry

Volunteers:
We need a handful of people to help with putting the V-Boxes in the cars and changing over memory cards throughout the day, so please contact me or Mechell if you’re interested in helping

Video Cameras
:
All video cameras must be securely mounted internally via suction mount or bolted to a rollcage. No hand held cameras are allowed. All footage must be for personal use only – eg: not uploaded to YouTube, forums etc

Photography:
Due to the extremely sensitive nature of the venue, cameras are only permitted for personal use, eg: photos cannot be posted on forum or websites. No professional or commercial photography is allowed

Rides:
30-130 wouldn’t happen without the help of the RAF volunteers who marshal and support the event– all of whom are petrolheads and would sell their sister (or brother) for the chance to own the cars attending the day. If you’re happy to give them a ride we will give you a sticker for your windscreen so the guys know they can jump in with you sometime during the day. Thanks in advance from me- it's good to be able to give something back

HOW TO BOOK:

Bookings:
  • Places can be booked via the MLR Shop or by calling us direct on 08451 25 26 23
  • Price per car/driver: £99 (MLR members only)
  • Additional drivers in the same car: £59 (booked via phone 08451 25 26 23)
  • Passengers: £10 Pay on the day

Reserves:
If places sell out a reserve list will be started. All reserves should still PM me their details for security vetting before 29 Feb 2012 in case you are able to get a place

Cancellations:
Please tell me if you cannot attend for any reason. Please DO NOT post on the Forum offering your place to someone else as we need to manage the entry list for security purposes, and offer your place to the first person on the reserve list. Please be aware of the MLR's Cancellation Policy

Sunday 18th March– All Marque 30-130 Day:
If for any reason you can’t attend the MLR 30-130 day on Saturday, we will be running another for all other marques on Sunday which you’d be welcome to book. Same details and costs apply

Last but not least:
A huge thankyou to Paul, George and the RAF Marham Station Commander and staff who continue to make this unique event possible.
Darin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 16:34   #2
Darin
Administrator

My Car
From 30-130 back in March 2011:

First you need to lineup and get a VBox....

Then you can set your time on the runway . . .

Old 07-11-2011, 16:50   #3
Matt TRL
Senior User

Car: Evo X RS White Going through some changes
Awsome

I love this event

Matt

www.trldevelopments.co.uk

Tel 01422 347744
Matt TRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 17:21   #4
BillyT
Geordie member

Car: 2.3 stroker,HTA 35R , and a few RS bits .
mmmmm I wonder if i could enter this on the Hayabusa i will have the 186 mph limiter off by next week and would love to see what it will do poss 200 plus

Billy

Last edited by BillyT; 07-11-2011 at 17:26..
BillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 17:34   #5
adamevo6xxx

Car: IX GT racecar t40z, white bmw 1m, btcc fr leon 170tdi
cant wait for this
adamevo6xxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 17:56   #6
Sider
Senior User

Booked
Old 07-11-2011, 18:17   #7
jacktran2201
Senior User

Car: aim for 700 BHP
My Car
Send a message via ICQ to jacktran2201
why why why , my third child during on the 15th:i will miss again
Old 07-11-2011, 18:19   #8
wolfy
Senior User

My Car
Just a thought but is it feasible to have a brake stopping distance test say 100 to 0 mph to compare set-ups?

ЯEPUBLIC OF MANCUИIA
wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 18:28   #9
P20SPD
The better Dark Side

Car: 600bhp Subaru Wagon, Heap of a 206gti, Type R race shell & a Navara! Oh and the Banana!
Awesome
P20SPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 18:29   #10
wolfy
Senior User

My Car
I'm in!!

Where's the best place for accommodation?

ЯEPUBLIC OF MANCUИIA

Last edited by wolfy; 07-11-2011 at 18:31..
wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 19:48   #11
Danny C

Car: White 2.3 Evo 8, Evo 6, Evo 5, 3000GT & New Golf R
My Car
I soooo want a ride in Ross W's car
Danny C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 19:49   #12
chaz83

Car: 4 Wheels & Steering Wheel
My Car
Top event this, get signed up people
chaz83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 22:52   #13
Goginawa
Zero Fighter

Car: EVO IX FQ 320
My Car
Old 07-11-2011, 23:24   #14
Darin
Administrator

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt TRL View Post
Awsome

I love this event

Matt
Good - we'll see you there then

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyT View Post
mmmmm I wonder if i could enter this on the Hayabusa i will have the 186 mph limiter off by next week and would love to see what it will do poss 200 plus

Billy
Sorry Billy, but I doubt you'll be able to run the Busa as Marham's insurance doesn't cover bikes. I'll check though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1 View Post
It's the 17th Jack - plenty of time to see little Jack and pop across to Marham No????

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Just a thought but is it feasible to have a brake stopping distance test say 100 to 0 mph to compare set-ups?
Its something I thought about a while ago, but stopping to a complete halt on the runway isn't something we can do when there are cars behind, and doing this safely elsewhere is a problem. I'll have another rethink though and speak to Marham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
I'm in!!

Where's the best place for accommodation?
Wolfy,

I'll PM you where we're staying
Old 08-11-2011, 00:13   #15
Oracle

Car: IX FQ360
Meooowww

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1 View Post
1st to get 698 bhp from standard GT35r on OEM ECU on SD
548 ATW on V-Power fuel Billet 35R turbo on OEM ECU on SD