Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Electrical / Security / ICE / Navigation

Old 11-10-2011, 13:25   #1
m-v's fq340
Senior User

My Car
How to program a new cobra key fob.

Hi all just got a new key fob for the cobra alarm on my e8 anyone know how to program it???
m-v's fq340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 13:47   #2
MotoIntrest
Regional Organiser

Car: Evo 4
do you have a touch key still? and the 4 number overide pin code?
albryson (10-10-2012)
Old 11-10-2011, 13:55   #3
TerryA

Car: Now sold: Evo 6 GSR Reims blue, Rota SVN drift 18" x 9 alloys, TEIN coilovers, Running around 370bhp
My Car
Easy one to try -

hold the new fob close to the car (within 1 metre) and press and hold both buttons down (small LED should start to flash between the two) for 10 secs - LED should then stay on - release both and then immediately press the larger one and hold for one sec - then release.

Should have programmed and linked up
Old 11-10-2011, 13:59   #4
m-v's fq340
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoIntrest View Post
do you have a touch key still? and the 4 number overide pin code?
How do u mean touch key? I git my pin from cobra today just purchased key fob they wanted half an hour labour to program and said to go another day as they were busy. I got the black stick thingy if thats what your refering too.
Old 11-10-2011, 14:06   #5
m-v's fq340
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryA View Post
Easy one to try -

hold the new fob close to the car (within 1 metre) and press and hold both buttons down (small LED should start to flash between the two) for 10 secs - LED should then stay on - release both and then immediately press the larger one and hold for one sec - then release.

That sequence is for when batery is flat to reconnect it. There's another sequence to first link to car fir first time.
Old 11-10-2011, 14:15   #6
Stevo7

Car: Evo VII No#033:
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryA View Post
Easy one to try -

I seriously hope and doubt it's that easy, else anyone with a cobra fob could find and reprogram their fob to any evo (or cobra protected car!)

My Feedback thread...
Stevo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 14:22   #7
TerryA

Car: Now sold: Evo 6 GSR Reims blue, Rota SVN drift 18" x 9 alloys, TEIN coilovers, Running around 370bhp
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo7 View Post
I seriously hope and doubt it's that easy, else anyone with a cobra fob could find and reprogram their fob to any evo (or cobra protected car!)
good point

From memory there is also a way of using the pin code (you say you have one) by turning the ignition on /off then inserting the dibber thing - then next number etc might be worth a try i.e if pin is 1234 - turn ignition on and off (once) then press in dibber thing) then ignition on off (two times) then insert dibber thing - then third and fourth numbers of code and see if it works ??
Old 11-10-2011, 15:06   #8
m-v's fq340
Senior User

My Car
Done it with the sequence thing and ignition. It worked but the old stopped working then did again to program old key fom then new one stopped working. It seems to overuse any other fobs that are programmed
Old 11-10-2011, 15:33   #9
Stevo7

Car: Evo VII No#033:
My Car
shame you need the pin as well as the "dibber" thing!

My Feedback thread...
Stevo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 15:38   #10
MotoIntrest
Regional Organiser

first you need to set the remote into programming mode. hold both bottons until the light goes out. release and it will stay like this. dont touch it now.

make sure you have ALL touch/torpedo/black stick things and ALL remotes you want to program within reach and seperated from each other (makes life easier)

now follow the below

1. Ign on and off 3 times within 7 secs, the red LED will Illuminate
2. when LED goes out switch the Ing back on
3. count the flashes, when it reaches each digit of your pin code flick the Ign switch OFF and ON again.
4. do step 3 for ALL of your four pin code numbers, when you finish you should have Ign ON.

5. Now touch your touch/torpedo/black stick thing on the receptacle and the LED should stay on. you are now in programming mode.

6. press the large button on your fob, the LED should flash off then on again to say its been accepted. do this for all the fobs you have.

7. then do the same with the touch/torpedo/black stick things on the receptacle and agian you should get a confirmation flash.

8. switch Ign off and test. they should all work if not you went wrong somewhere

NOTE: if the light goes off on your Fob while you are carring out the sequence just press the large button once and it will spring back on.
Old 11-10-2011, 16:01   #11
m-v's fq340
Senior User

My Car
Thumbs up

Quote:
first you need to set the remote into programming mode. hold both bottons until the light goes out. release and it will stay like this. dont touch it now.

make sure you have ALL touch/torpedo/black stick things and ALL remotes you want to program within reach and seperated from each other (makes life easier)

now follow the below

1. Ign on and off 3 times within 7 secs, the red LED will Illuminate
2. when LED goes out switch the Ing back on
3. count the flashes, when it reaches each digit of your pin code flick the Ign switch OFF and ON again.
4. do step 3 for ALL of your four pin code numbers, when you finish you should have Ign ON.

5. Now touch your touch/torpedo/black stick thing on the receptacle and the LED should stay on. you are now in programming mode.

6. press the large button on your fob, the LED should flash off then on again to say its been accepted. do this for all the fobs you have.

7. then do the same with the touch/torpedo/black stick things on the receptacle and agian you should get a confirmation flash.

8. switch Ign off and test. they should all work if not you went wrong somewhere

NOTE: if the light goes off on your Fob while you are carring out the sequence just press the large button once and it will spring back on.
Nice will give it a try
Old 11-10-2011, 16:20   #12
barneyboo
Senior User

Hey guys ,

lmk if this works fq please, i just booked in with a company in sheffield to set up a 2 alarm fobs for me ...

they want £20 a alarm fob to link it up,

so would saves me £40 so more pennies for warp pssttttttttttt

Barney
barneyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 16:31   #13
MotoIntrest
Regional Organiser

it works, i've done millions
Old 11-10-2011, 16:36   #14
barneyboo
Senior User

Quote:
it works, i've done millions
its not that i dont believe you mate , and appreciate you giving the advise

just with only having 1 alarm fob at the moment , if it goes belly up i guess im in the

i gonna wait for Fq feedback first before i try

the immobilizer stick thing - can you add as many as those at the same time ?

p.s just relised i not started member ship - off to get bank card
barneyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 16:40   #15
evolution1996

Car: evo 8
i will try this when i get my car back soon
evolution1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: